Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my Tuesday dishcloth. Nothing fancy, just utilitarian!;)

No pattern, it is just s/c alternating in front and back loops. I like a thinner, fairly solid dishcloth for wiping counters, table, cleaning the stove, etc. I feel like a thinner cloth gets into all the nooks and crannies better. The color is sage green, and I used less than a ball of sugar and cream. It is about 9 1/2 inches square. I am thinking about adding a sc border in a co-ordinating variegated, since I have a small amount leftover from another project, but so far I haven't done that.

th_DSCF0003-6.jpg

I am still working on last week Tuesday dishcloth and I only have three more rows to go. This is the pattern I am using and I find myself loving the texture of this dishcloth. When I have a few dishcloths made I will post a picture. This cloth look excellent in a varigrated cotton yarn. Here is the pattern I am using:

http://macrochet.blogspot.com/2008/10/free-crochet-dishcloth-pattern.html

I am still working on last week Tuesday dishcloth and I only have three more rows to go. This is the pattern I am using and I find myself loving the texture of this dishcloth. When I have a few dishcloths made I will post a picture. This cloth look excellent in a varigrated cotton yarn. Here is the pattern I am using:

http://macrochet.blogspot.com/2008/10/free-crochet-dishcloth-pattern.html

This is one of my favorite dishcloth patterns. I think the stitch pattern is perfect for a dishcloth. I started making this pattern with the green yarn I used for this weeks dishcloth, but I didn't have enough to finish so I frogged it and made a different one instead.

I need to get some more done. I gave all I had done away for Valentines. They, of course, were red and white. I have some yellow cotton yarn laid out to make some for Easter BUT I am in the embroidering baby quilts and then quilting them mode. I have finished one, have a second one over have embroidered, will have it ready to quilt by the first of the week but have a third quilt to do. No rest for the weary at the moment but life is sure interesting when we are very busy!!!

Cotton is a worsted weight like the reg. yarns. Peaches n cream and Sugar and cream are the two main ones. There are others also but those are what I use.

Altho #10 thread does come in cotton too. I have made a couple of decorative potholders from them but not as nice and thick as the worsted weight.

margret---great job! I hate to weave too

Jeannie I tried that cloth and mine turned out horrible, I have no idea how I messed it up but it is obling-lol!

I uploaded some new ones to the Photobucket site today--TFL!

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/tt150/2009DishclothTuesdaysCAL/

Love your cloths. I am just working on my second one. When I have a few done I will post a pic. I love how crocheting DC are great bring along anywhere project. LOL :hook

I have a question. I have such a problem with some of the cotton fading so bad. Any secrets on how to get them not to fade? I do not use bleach or anything like that with them. I have soaked them both in vinegar or salt water first but some still fade. I am talking basically about the dishclothes.

Archived