Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started my dishcloth last night right about 9:30 PM...I'd forgotten about it till I logged in here. So I got about halfway done and finished it tonight at a ravelry meetup. I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm exhausted tonight.

Elise

I couldn't help myself and had to do this dishcloth/hotpad last night after Amy J sent me the link to the free pattern. I just grabbed the yarn I had at hand and worked this up. So easy to do too! Thanks for the link

IMG00095.jpg

I couldn't help myself and had to do this dishcloth/hotpad last night after Amy J sent me the link to the free pattern. I just grabbed the yarn I had at hand and worked this up. So easy to do too! Thanks for the link

IMG00095.jpg

That is really beautiful. Sometimes I think its a shame to hide things in a drawer and that's what I think about this one. The variegated yarn looks so nice in it. (I've seen something very similar to this used as a potholder.)

I started a dishcloth last night too. I started with the "gentle ridges dishcloth pattern that I found via a link from Crochetville a while back, and which is one of my favorite dishcloths, but I soon noticed that I didn't have enough yarn to finish it, so I went back to an old standby, which just has me doing straight SC alternating between back and front loops. I like the dishcloth that results from this as it is solid and stretchy but not thick.

IMG00095.jpg

That is really pretty.

sorry guys - i've been really busy this week, and haven't had much time to spend in the neighborhood...haven't been home much either. Your dishcloths all look really nice!! I will play catch up over the weekend!!! Have a great Friday everybody!!

Elise--I love anything RWB, that is great with the border!

I have been down with the pink eye---or 'stink' eye as my SO calls it, all week and haven't done much more that the Valentine baskets for my Sonshine's school on Friday--11 of them and it is killing me!!! I will share when they are all done. I have some pics of DC's I have from a week ago and I need to get a kitchen set done for SO's mom's birthday on Thursday--yikes!!!

I got a couple of more done on Sunday...it's gonna be a wild week and I wanted to make sure I was prepared for tomorrow. LOL I'll post 'em tomorrow though.

My 2 daughters, and stepdaughter and stepdaughter in law have all been granted membership in the dishcloth/potholder/coaster of the month club. What they get each month depends on what strikes my fancy. This is in honor of their bdays this year...but I'm running this from Jan to Dec, just to make it easy on myself.

So, now my dishcloths for Jan are done and I'm making heart coasters for Feb. I've got to have two sets completed by Sun when I'll see stepdaughter and stepdaughter in law. *sigh* no pressure.

It's youngest grandson's 1st Bday, I've already made a whatsit and am thinking of trying to get a shirt or something else done by Sund.

Archived