Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

Thanks to Gardner, I found this site, I was on the old site. I made my first dishcloth yesterday, so I'm in, I even used it today, and I like it. I had never used a crocheted one before. Thanks for starting a group in 2009.

If it starts from Feb 3rd, does that mean instead of 52 there will be 48 dishcloths for the year.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karishema, you don't have to make a dishcloth every Tuesday, although you certainly can if you want to. I've only made 1 /2 since the beginning of February. Some weeks I don't have any free time on Tuesdays, but when I do, I work on a dishcloth.

Everybody's welcome to join, and pop-in whenever they want. There is no commitment to making a dishcloth every tuesday...its just nice to have a designated day that if you don't have anything going on, or your bored with what you got on your hook, you can make something else. Its also nice to have a day to commit to dishcloths especially if its not something you would normally make, but yet need some (like me!).

And this is not just dishcloth specific...feel free to make washcloths, towels, towel toppers, and scrubbies!!

:eekI so totally forgot to post a pic of my dishcloth yesterday. Was so tired I just went to bed early. I'll post a pic to photobucket site instead of posting here. Thank goodness I made quite a few of them last week for just this kind of emergency

It's called the reversible star dishcloth and you have the star shape on both sides. Pattern can be found here http://www.jimsyldesign.com/colorful/dshrevstar.html

Ropergirl, it took me longer to figure out how to twist and turn the dishcloth so it had the flower shape than to crochet it. Even my husband sat there and tried, lol. I just walked away and came back it a while later and somehow managed to get it the way it was shown. It's tricky too in the joining part. I made sure to count evenly between the joins. Am I saying that right?:think

margret---great job! I hate to weave too

Jeannie I tried that cloth and mine turned out horrible, I have no idea how I messed it up but it is obling-lol!

I uploaded some new ones to the Photobucket site today--TFL!

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/tt150/2009DishclothTuesdaysCAL/

I can't post pics of mine right now...I don't want to spoil the surprise for my kitchen swap partner.

I promise I will though once the swap is over!

Elise

Ohhh, afterthought here...this last weekend, I picked up a cone of sugar 'n cream in the peppercorn colorway. So, I'm going to be set for the next round of things for my daughters!

I enjoy assigning Tuesday's to dishcloths. Because I wouldn't normally do them. I have alot of different projects. I might just assign each one to one day a week. Then maybe I would get them all done. LOL:rofl. I am making animals for Christmas Charity bags.

I just started going nuts over dishclothes can I join in? I think I bought about 20 skeins of sugar and cream yesterday. I mean you can't pass up a sale and everybody can use dishclothes right? hehehe.

Everyone is welcome!

Legalwoman17, your dishcloths look great. That variegated yarn created a neat zig-zaggy kind of pattern.

Archived