Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

Thanks, but these will be used. :D I figure If I have to do dishes, which is my least favorite chore...no dishwasher :(, then at least I have something pretty to use. :laughroll

Elise, Beautiful dishcloth and hotpad set. I love the color combo to. :manyheart

It's called countryside by Lily. Thanks everyone.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally, I have a dishcloth to show! Made with cotton in a cream color.:cheer

CreamGrannySquareDishcloth.jpg

That is awesome! Granny squares are my most favorite, I guess b/c it's what my mom first taught me to do. But that rocks! You did good!:hook

I love the hearts around! It's pretty.

Here's a dish cloth I made a few weeks ago. It's faded and didn't use a pattern. I was just trying out different stitch combinations and this is what I came up with. It's cotton yarn, it was burgandy and army green, I can't remember the color name. Anywho, I do make normal and useful dish cloths too. :D

1236800063.jpg

Anywho, I do make normal and useful dish cloths too. :D

Thanks, I feel better now.

I don't know if I could make myself use a pretty dishcloth for anything grubby. A year or so ago someone sent me a really pretty dishcloth as a RAOK, and although I use it, (because I know the giver meant for me to use it), I try really hard not to let it get dirty.

Thanks, I feel better now.

Ha!ha! I have 2 boys age 9 and 6 and a 14 month old. I have lots of grubby things. :D I hardly ever get to feel "pretty" so I try to make pretty things. Sometimes I feel stretched to the limit, it's nice to sit down and make something girly. :c9

Here is one I finished last night.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1668436&postcount=30

NOTE: This link is to a post in the Beginning Knitters special usergroup. You won't be able to access the link unless you're a member of that group.

Anybody can join that group at any time. Just go to your User CP, then scroll down and click the link for Group Memberships. From there, you can join either the Beginning Knitters or Experienced Knitters usergroups.

I meant the previous post to be funny, but I re-read it and it might have sounded snippity. I didn't mean it to. My main intellectual conversations are with a 9 and 6 year old, so sometimes I digress. :D

You didn't sound snippety at all. Quite the opposite in fact.

My main intellectual conversations are with a 9 and 6 year old, so sometimes I digress. :D

:lol I feel for you:hug My main conversations are with 5yr,3 yr and 20 month old. I get around a neighbor and gab gab gab :lol I think they think I am nuts by now. :lol

I have been lurking here for a while; and I would love to join this CAL if it is still open. :manyheart I love dishcloths; knit and crochet. And potholders, scrubbies and dishsoap dresses.... :hook

I really like this, and your crinoline scrubbies~ they're so cute. I meant to say (before I forget), I think the pattern for this is in 'Old Time Crochet Made Easy'; or a very similar one. I can't remember the name of it but it is for a 'provincial French kitchen'. I almost started one tonight, but started a dishcloth dress instead. (I ran out of yarn for it, though~~ sigh...)

Everyone's work is so nice. :manyheart

Tina

This dish cloth has a story to tell. We've had snow, and in South Carolina, that's a big deal. Our power went out, ( I'm from Ohio originally, so it seems crazy to me that everyone panics over snow) and it was out for 2 whole days, minus about 1 hour or so. My baby was sick, my boys were roudy, it was fun at times and at other times it was a mess. Anywho, it is not perfect, it has mistakes, usually I would rip it out till it was right, but most of it was made in the dark. So it is going out in the mail to someone, mistakes and all, with a story to tell. It was a vintage pattern, I did use a plastic ring instead of wrapping the thread around my finger. And I made it remembering the look of it as I couldn't see the instructions in the dark. :D It's in # 10 thread in yellow, teal and rose.

rag1.jpg

Thanks for the nice compliments ladies!!! I love this pattern and have made it in many other colors in the past. It is very quick and easy!! I have also been on a Granny Square kick lately.

I also love to look at all the lovely dishclothes you ladies are making also, you are all so talented!!!

:lol I feel for you:hug My main conversations are with 5yr,3 yr and 20 month old. I get around a neighbor and gab gab gab :lol I think they think I am nuts by now. :lol

:lol I would rather converse with the under 5 crowd, than ONE girl aged between 15 & 19. :devil:devil:lol

Those encounters wouldn't be called conversations would they? :D:(;)

When I had those conversations their response was always a door slam:think

I have been lurking here for a while; and I would love to join this CAL if it is still open. :manyheart I love dishcloths; knit and crochet. And potholders, scrubbies and dishsoap dresses.... :hook

I really like this, and your crinoline scrubbies~ they're so cute. I meant to say (before I forget), I think the pattern for this is in 'Old Time Crochet Made Easy'; or a very similar one. I can't remember the name of it but it is for a 'provincial French kitchen'. I almost started one tonight, but started a dishcloth dress instead. (I ran out of yarn for it, though~~ sigh...)

Everyone's work is so nice. :manyheart

Tina

Yay! I just kinda showed up late too, so come on in! It's fun. I do think that is the booklet, I'll have to hunt it out and see. Jump in and post your photos. I'm a photo junkie. I can't help it, I could sit on here for hours, (if my kiddies and husband and life would let me :c9) Looking at photos of everyones work.

Good Point~~ LOL!!!:lol

Hey, I sooooooo remember those days. :eek glad they're in the past now. I was evil though...I told my kids I hope you have children just like you when you grow up! It worked!!! :devil Gotta love paybacks. :clap

Take heart, this too shall pass.

Elise

Hey, I sooooooo remember those days. :eek glad they're in the past now. I was evil though...I told my kids I hope you have children just like you when you grow up! It worked!!! :devil Gotta love paybacks. :clap

Take heart, this too shall pass.

Elise

Yes, thank goodness, it does pass....I also can't wait til DD has her own children; although she has told me she is only having boys, girls are too much trouble. :eek I secretly hope she has twin girls just like her!!!:devil

Archived