Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

I just ordered that one yesterday! She has SO many dishcloth patterns, you will never run out of dishcloths to make. :D

I found one knit guitar dishcloth pattern and it cost $2.00. I just ordered it (I play guitar also and so does my dad (and my cousin and my aunt) so I had to see if I could find one.

I'll work one up as soon as I get the pattern.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/guitar-knit-dishcloth

Julee

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just ordered that one yesterday! She has SO many dishcloth patterns, you will never run out of dishcloths to make. :D

Lol, she does have a ton. 552 or something. I was like "WOW". I wish my computer was running a little faster last night but it wasn't and I only got through half of the designs. Oh well, there were only 2 that I really wanted anyways.

Have fun knitting and I hope you'll show us your guitar dishcloth when you're done and I really hope your son likes doing dishes with his dishcloths. Lol, but knowing teenagers (I'm just past being a teenager) he'll probably never like them. Unless of course he likes doing them. Hmmm, I guess that's possible. Anywho, enough rambling. I need to get to bed. I haven't been sleeping well at all the past week and I'm getting really worn out not to mention I'm starting to get a tootheache (ouch).

Julee

Julee, he doesn't *mind* doing the dishes, but... He 'doesn't like using the knit cloths' he says 'it just smears the grease on the pan and then it is even harder to get off.' :P But he does like when I make him stuff, and he has crocheted dishcloths in the past, so I think he will like them. (I hope.) :) He is gone til the end of the month so I will find out if he likes them then or not. :D

I hope your toothache feels better.

Julee, he doesn't *mind* doing the dishes, but... He 'doesn't like using the knit cloths' he says 'it just smears the grease on the pan and then it is even harder to get off.' :P But he does like when I make him stuff, and he has crocheted dishcloths in the past, so I think he will like them. (I hope.) :) He is gone til the end of the month so I will find out if he likes them then or not. :D

I hope your toothache feels better.

It's feeling a little better, thanks!!!! I guess it's time to head back to the dentist though. ooo, I just sooo don't look forward to sitting in that uncomfortable chair (but I don't the waiting part though as long as I have my knitting with me).

Wow, that's amazing that he doesn't mind doing the dishes. I absolutely do not like doing the dishes (unless of course there are very few to do). It could be worse though. If I didn't do that I might have to clean the toilet (I'd rather go and roll around in my horses pen then clean the toilet- bad I know but I have fallen in it a few times and it's really not so bad). That job makes me sick (and now everyone's thinking "what a wuss!!").

That's way cool that your son likes the things that you make for him. I have a hard time getting my sister to wear the things I make for her (until today when I started her pair of slipper socks. I had one done and I couldn't get it off her foot. lol).

Have a great night (morning)!!

Julee

:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll Hahaha! I'd rather wash the dishes than clean the toilet too! I used to think washing dishes was my least favorite chore to do, guess I forgot the toilet. :lol How could I have forgotten that!:D

It's feeling a little better, thanks!!!! I guess it's time to head back to the dentist though. ooo, I just sooo don't look forward to sitting in that uncomfortable chair (but I don't the waiting part though as long as I have my knitting with me).

Wow, that's amazing that he doesn't mind doing the dishes. I absolutely do not like doing the dishes (unless of course there are very few to do). It could be worse though. If I didn't do that I might have to clean the toilet (I'd rather go and roll around in my horses pen then clean the toilet- bad I know but I have fallen in it a few times and it's really not so bad). That job makes me sick (and now everyone's thinking "what a wuss!!").

That's way cool that your son likes the things that you make for him. I have a hard time getting my sister to wear the things I make for her (until today when I started her pair of slipper socks. I had one done and I couldn't get it off her foot. lol).

Have a great night (morning)!!

Julee

okay Julee and Tammy what techniques are you two using for your cast on and your bind off? My bind off of knit two then pull one over the other is too tight and my cast on method of about the same thing is too loose making the cloths wonky. I did pull all my stitches onto a crochet hook and slip stitched them off as a bind off on my last cloth and it made it loose, but almost too loose. I wouldn't mind a non-give in the bind off if I can find a way to cast on with non-give!

anywho...here is what I worked on this week, I know I didn't get them posted on time but I haven't had much time to do that at night:

this one is a maple leaf, I really didnt like using a multi-color for these patterns, it gets lost:

32009003.jpg

and this one is an Easter egg and then just a free-style round cloth to use up the end cotton, I think I still have enough to make a solid scrubbie to go with the egg cloth too:

32009007.jpg

anywho...here is what I worked on this week, I know I didn't get them posted on time but I haven't had much time to do that at night:

this one is a maple leaf, I really didnt like using a multi-color for these patterns, it gets lost:

32009003.jpg

and this one is an Easter egg and then just a free-style round cloth to use up the end cotton, I think I still have enough to make a solid scrubbie to go with the egg cloth too:

32009007.jpg

Ohhhh....I like the maple leaf's color, although it might have been, as you say, better suited to another type of pattern.

The other's are gorgeous, too.

I like both sets, ropergirl. I like your scrubbies too. I haven't made any of those in a while. Nice work! I think your cloth turned out great. I do my cast off just a little looser than my regular stitches, so I can pull it over the next one w/out it being tight. Don't know if that is any help. :)

Meant to say, I like that two colored scrubby, that is cool.

Tina

okay Julee and Tammy what techniques are you two using for your cast on and your bind off? My bind off of knit two then pull one over the other is too tight and my cast on method of about the same thing is too loose making the cloths wonky. I did pull all my stitches onto a crochet hook and slip stitched them off as a bind off on my last cloth and it made it loose, but almost too loose. I wouldn't mind a non-give in the bind off if I can find a way to cast on with non-give!

I knit very tightly and I like to use size 5 harmony needles for these since the tight stitches really make the patterns pop. I knit Englich style and I use a 2 needle cast on. I bind off the same way you do. To keep the bind off from getting too tight I have to ease my tention or go up a size or two in needles before binding off. Believe me when I tell you it took a lot of practice. I am very new to knitting so I make the cloths to practice technique and learn new stitches.

I'm really liking everyones knit cloths. They are really good. I can knit, but I have a hard time going from knit to pearl, my sts don't look right. I learned to knit off of the show Vickie Howell did on DIY. But it has been a couple of years since I've picked it up, and I don't have diy anymore. Is there a trick or special way you hold the yarn to get it to work right? (when you switch from knit to pearl in the same row) I'll have to get some kneedles out and work up a small swatch to see if I can remember how. I'd love to be able to make something like what you all are making. They're really pretty.

I knit my dishcloths with Size 6 needles (I love Boye brand needles- the older ones though) so when I cast on and bind off I used size 7 needles. It really helps alot. Makes it easier to put my crochet border on too.

I bind off the same way you do and really love it. I've used it for years now. I have used a crochet hook a few times though.

Julee

32009003.jpg

32009007.jpg

Those are beautiful!!! Great job!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Julee

Now that my swap partner has rec'vd her package I can post some of the things I worked on:

swap003.jpg

A teatowl (came out about the size of 4 dishcloths

swap002.jpg

Hot pad

swap001.jpg

Two dishcloths in the Oh So Soft baby washcloths pattern, just bigger.

I also did a Filet Crochet piece for her. It's over in the Doily forum.

Elise

Elise I like that set, that Countryside Ombre is nice. (I just recently bought two balls of it, too.) :clap That filet piece is gorgeous!! You did a wonderful job on it.

Tina

I finally knitted the guitar dishcloth (to go with the music notes one) for my son.

th_001-68.jpg

Don't know if you can see the guitar very well or not...

Too many dishcloth patterns, not enough time...

Tina

Archived