Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. We found one of them somewhere (I forget where), and he was really excited (well as *excited* as a teenage boy gets).

Thanks, I'm sure he will appreciate all the help I'm giving him w/ the dishes.... :lol:devil

I love that!! Are those button Picks? Really cool! :D

Here's what I made. I started a few days ago and finished it up today. It's the famous scrubby pattern.... Spiral Scrubby.

I worked the pattern, then before slst-ing up the edge, I did every other row of back loops with either teal or lime #3 cotton thread in a sc, ch4, sk1 sp, repeat. So the little loops add scrubbing power...:devil Anywho, Here it is.

[/url]

th_1237919347.jpgth_1237921124.jpg

Kinda has that old fashion dish cloth look with the colors.

I finally knitted the guitar dishcloth (to go with the music notes one) for my son.

th_001-68.jpg

Don't know if you can see the guitar very well or not...

Too many dishcloth patterns, not enough time...

Tina

Oooo, that turned out way cool!! I love the guitar picks too. What a great reminder. I have needed a new guitar pick for months now. But hey, I'm getting pretty good with finger pickin'.

Julee

I love that! So many different twists on the scrubby here I will have to start making some more now. Great idea! :hook

Here's what I made. I started a few days ago and finished it up today. It's the famous scrubby pattern.... Spiral Scrubby.

I worked the pattern, then before slst-ing up the edge, I did every other row of back loops with either teal or lime #3 cotton thread in a sc, ch4, sk1 sp, repeat. So the little loops add scrubbing power...:devil Anywho, Here it is.

Here are two I did over the weekend:

marchclub002.jpg

Harmony pattern from Dishcloths to Crochet

marchclub001.jpg

From the same book--supposed to be a hexagram...not sure why it came out five sided. Also, made it smaller than the pattern because the recipient has really small hands.

elise, those dishcloths look great!

You're right, it does have that old fashioned dish cloth look. I like it a lot!

I like that colourway and great cloths, Elise! Is that first one your own design?

I know it is hard to get the 'picture' in knit cloths, but I can see the diamonds. Great cloth, Kelly! (I knit some too on here. I thought it was a big no-no, but since Crochetville has knitting on here now-- AND the first post says crochet OR knit on the very bottom of the first post, I think it is okay to post knit ones! :-D)

Tina

I like that colourway and great cloths, Elise! Is that first one your own design?

Tina

Nope it's from a book I got over at Annie's Attic called Dishcloths to Crochet. It was very easy pattern to get into.

Elise

Wow, the dolphin cloth is wonderful too. You'll be doing dishes all the time with all those great dishcloths you're making!

I don't think so! LOL I hate doing dishes so its a good thing we have a dishwasher. Many of the cloths I make go to friends and family. I just enjoy making them.

I am working on a really different and very cool loooking cloth in one of my KAL groups I joined. As soon as I am done with it I will post a pic. I have lots of catching up to do with me KAL and Cals so off to get some work done. :hook

The dishcloths this week, kiwi bird and diamond squares are really pretty. I am going to have to get a couple of those knitted patterns, they are really pretty. I didn't get one finished this week, It is only half finished.

I really got too much going on, I can't find the time to do what I want. :(:(:(:(

I am single crocheting a purse for my DD,

Have a great day everyone, and a great week-end!!! :hug

I like your dolphin cloth, Tammy.

For all the knitters, I don't know if you have seen this site: Digknitty Designs ? She has hundreds of dishcloth patterns for sale, and right now through April 1st, she is having a 'Buy Five, Get Five' patterns sale. (They are $2 each.) Just thought I would share. I don't know if I posted that already or not. (That's where I got the guitar cloth that I made.)

Everyone's cloths look great. :D

Edited to add: When I clicked on the link, it kept bounching up about a hundred of the same page so maybe just try typing in the url in your own computer. My computer has been acting strange lately. I keep doing a scan and nothing comes up. (grrrr...)

Tina

Archived