Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

Yes it is knit. Is it okay to post knitted cloths here? :blush I thought it was. I'm sorry if it isn't.

Heart and Elise, your cloths are so nice. :hook Heart, I totally understand you~~ I find long pieces of my yarn strung up to beanie babies wound around a cowboy hat hanging on the wall, in our boys' room... And ALL kinds of things w/ yarn on them in their toy box. I just went through it when we moved here, and just a week or so ago I found all kinds of new stuff. :loco

Tina that is a great looking dishcloth. Is it knit?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a dragonfly dishcloth that I would LOVE to have one or more of...but it's knitted. *sigh*

Is the dragonfly a free pattern? If so would you mind giving me the link. I'd love to try one (or 2 :-D )

Thanks

Julee

p.s. I love reading through the new posts in this thread everyday. I'm a very faithful lurker!!

Sarah, of course its okay to post knitted dishcloths. I was just curious as to how you got that effect.

Sarah and Elise, nice work.

My Fp and Bp dishcloth is looking quite boring. Although, I do think it will work well.

Is the dragonfly a free pattern? If so would you mind giving me the link. I'd love to try one (or 2 :-D )

Thanks

Julee

p.s. I love reading through the new posts in this thread everyday. I'm a very faithful lurker!!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dragonfly-cloth I'm sure it is posted other places...but I've got it saved in my faves over there.

My profile is EliseW if anyone wants to friend me over there!

Elise

Here are my projects for this weeks dishcloth Tuesdays. The first is a bright colored scrubby for my neighbor, and the second is a soap bag. I think they both qualify in the dishcloth catagory.

th_100_0042.jpg

th_100_0043.jpg

Mary, I love those spiral scrubbies. Those are my favorite to make with a 'four corners' dishcloth to make for gifts. Great job. :hook I never thought to make one in variegated (duh! me). :idea

Tina

Here are my projects for this weeks dishcloth Tuesdays. The first is a bright colored scrubby for my neighbor, and the second is a soap bag. I think they both qualify in the dishcloth catagory.

th_100_0042.jpg

th_100_0043.jpg

Both look great. I especially like the way the variegated yarn really makes the spirals of the scrubbie stand out.

Can you post the link for the spiral one? Puleezzze? :hook:hook:hook

th_100_0042.jpg

th_100_0043.jpg

Heart, I totally understand you~~ I find long pieces of my yarn strung up to beanie babies wound around a cowboy hat hanging on the wall, in our boys' room... And ALL kinds of things w/ yarn on them in their toy box. I just went through it when we moved here, and just a week or so ago I found all kinds of new stuff. :loco

:rofl:rofl:rofl

All the dish cloths/scrubbies are soooo cute! I love the St. Patties Day one.

The spiral one is the pattern I was looking for last week and couldn't find. ;)

I found it at crochetpatternsonly.blogspot.com/2005_05_16.

I don't know how to put links in yet, I have to take some time and study up on that.

All the dish cloths, and hot pads, are beautiful. I see several I might have to copy.:blush:blush:woo:blush:blush:blush

Congrats to everyone for the great work!

I found it at crochetpatternsonly.blogspot.com/2005_05_16.

I don't know how to put links in yet, I have to take some time and study up on that.

I found it Thank you! :)

For the links, you just go to the web page you want (showing the pattern, item, ect. ) and hi light the web address at the top of the screen, with the cursor in the hi lighted area, right click and select copy from the menu that pops up, then if you want to post the link here, right click again in the post / reply box you type your message in, and select paste from that menu. ;) Or you can just type in the web address exactly as its written in the top of the page, starting with http:// (then the address)

Thanks for the pattern info, I looked forever to find that pattern and had no luck. Now I can make it! :hook:hook:hook

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dragonfly-cloth I'm sure it is posted other places...but I've got it saved in my faves over there.

My profile is EliseW if anyone wants to friend me over there!

Elise

Thanks for giving me the link!! I'll have to work up 1 or 2!!

Julee

I found it Thank you! :)

For the links, you just go to the web page you want (showing the pattern, item, ect. ) and hi light the web address at the top of the screen, with the cursor in the hi lighted area, right click and select copy from the menu that pops up, then if you want to post the link here, right click again in the post / reply box you type your message in, and select paste from that menu. ;) Or you can just type in the web address exactly as its written in the top of the page, starting with http:// (then the address)

Thanks for the pattern info, I looked forever to find that pattern and had no luck. Now I can make it! :hook:hook:hook

Thanks, I copied the directions, so I can follow them, I really appreciate them.

That pattern is here on the ville somewhere, because that is how I got it, but I don't remember where.:hug

Here is the dishcloth I finished on Tuesday. It is made of bight red cotton. sorry for the lousy picture. I couldn't get a better one. It is made with dc and sc stitches alternates so that it has a bit of texture.

th_DSCF0001-9.jpg

And this is the one I made using back post and front post stitches. It looks good in real life, but its a little difficult to see the texture in this picture.

th_DSCF0069-1.jpg

Pictures are clicky.

Cindy, I like your cloths! I am knitting a red one right now, too (it's a 'music note' cloth for my son). They turned out great I really like the textured pattern. :hook

I like your green cloth, too, Kelly.

Tina

Here is my music notes cloth for our oldest son. He plays guitar and piano and it's his job to do the dishes after dinner. :P

th_002-40.jpg

I need to work on some other stuff til next week. I want to see if I can find a guitar one, now; for him.

Tina

Here is my music notes cloth for our oldest son. He plays guitar and piano and it's his job to do the dishes after dinner. :P

th_002-40.jpg

I need to work on some other stuff til next week. I want to see if I can find a guitar one, now; for him.

Tina

That looks great!! I bet your son's gonna love it.

I still have to figure out who to give all of my dishcloths too. I've made around 20 dishcloths in the past 2 weeks. Yikers, Well, I have given a few away.

Have fun knitting and crocheting up a storm!!

Julee

I found one knit guitar dishcloth pattern and it cost $2.00. I just ordered it (I play guitar also and so does my dad (and my cousin and my aunt) so I had to see if I could find one.

I'll work one up as soon as I get the pattern.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/guitar-knit-dishcloth

Julee

Archived