Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is my dishcloth for today, another round one. Notice I ran out of thread on the last round and used another color. It is only a dishcloth,:eek

Legalwoman that kitchen set is really pretty.

th_100_0038.jpg

Nice work.

Jeannie1205 your diamond dishcloths look really nice. (and thanks for the pattern link)

I still didn't finish my dishcloth, since I had to go to a meeting last night, but it will likely be done later today, as there's not much left to do on it.

This dish cloth has a story to tell. We've had snow, and in South Carolina, that's a big deal. Our power went out, ( I'm from Ohio originally, so it seems crazy to me that everyone panics over snow) and it was out for 2 whole days, minus about 1 hour or so. My baby was sick, my boys were roudy, it was fun at times and at other times it was a mess. Anywho, it is not perfect, it has mistakes, usually I would rip it out till it was right, but most of it was made in the dark. So it is going out in the mail to someone, mistakes and all, with a story to tell. It was a vintage pattern, I did use a plastic ring instead of wrapping the thread around my finger. And I made it remembering the look of it as I couldn't see the instructions in the dark. :D It's in # 10 thread in yellow, teal and rose.

rag1.jpg

This dish cloth has a story to tell. We've had snow, and in South Carolina, that's a big deal. Our power went out, ( I'm from Ohio originally, so it seems crazy to me that everyone panics over snow) and it was out for 2 whole days, minus about 1 hour or so. My baby was sick, my boys were roudy, it was fun at times and at other times it was a mess. Anywho, it is not perfect, it has mistakes, usually I would rip it out till it was right, but most of it was made in the dark. So it is going out in the mail to someone, mistakes and all, with a story to tell. It was a vintage pattern, I did use a plastic ring instead of wrapping the thread around my finger. And I made it remembering the look of it as I couldn't see the instructions in the dark. :D It's in # 10 thread in yellow, teal and rose.

rag1.jpg

I think it's beautiful !!

rag1.jpg

That is a beautiful dishcloth, even without the story. I don't know how you did it in the dark:think:think:think

rag1.jpg

It looks great, even if you couldn't see what you were doing!

Here is what I can add to the CAL, I have been a bit slow on producing wash clothes :hook

th_dishcloth.jpg

These will be going to Mom as she showed me the ones that she has been using lately.......:think I thought the dog got at them :devil

Here is what I can add to the CAL, I have been a bit slow on producing wash clothes :hook

th_dishcloth.jpg

These will be going to Mom as she showed me the ones that she has been using lately.......:think I thought the dog got at them :devil

What a gorgeous colorway that is!!!!

great looking dishcloths!!!

Here is the knit one I got done with the owl in the center and a scrubbie I made to go with it! TFL!

3509003.jpg

I love that! Beautiful! I wish I could knit that good. :yes I can barely pearl. It doesn't look right almost every time I do it.

Dark or not...it is gorgeous. Can the pattern be shared? I really like the way it looks.

The actual pattern is in a booklet dated 1942, and it sold for 10 cents. I had it on my to~make list for this cal, but didn't have the time to do it till the power went out for the snow. Because then there wasn't much else to do.

This is what I did, not the pattern from the booklet.

So I did it from remembering what the photo looked like. Not using the pattern. I used a 1" plastic ring and sc around. (# 10 thread, but a bigger plastic ring could be used for a # 3 or # 5 thread) Then ch4 and do dc, ch1, 3times in the front loops, turned and did dc, ch1, 4 times across the back loops ( all the same 5 sts, so you have 8 dc, ch1 sps total in the front and back loops) join with a slst. Then just make several ch 5 loops. Increasing the number of loops per row till it is as big or fluffy as you want. In the photo it is a little more ruffle-y, but that's basically what I did. Across the last row I made a sideways shell. (I finished that row the next day when we had power :hook so it's not missing any sts) It is *ch4, 2dc in the 4th ch from the hook, slst in the next loop, * repeat for each loop. This is not in the booklet, it's just an edge I like to put on stuff. I could probably write up a similar idea/pattern and post it in the pattern thread, but I'd have to check with Amy first b/c even though it's what I did, and doesn't use the pattern from the book, the basic idea resembles the one in the booklet.

th_dishcloth.jpg

Those are great! I love that color variation. I need to go shopping for some new yarn.

I also have the other thread dish cloth I was working on to post a pic. Maby later this afternoon! I have to clean up the house a bit before picking up the boys from school. I'm also watching my oldest sons friend tonight too. Yay me! :D 3 boys and a sick baby, please say a prayer for me today. :)

Archived