Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure!!! You can join in!!! :clap

Your pics are great, i especially like the one that looks like a flower. Did you use cotton yarn or ww??

We went to a flea market this morning, and saw a lady had a bag of 4 for $1 :eek They were made with ww, and probably about 6" square. I wonder how the ww would hold up doing dishes...i usually use the cotton yarns.

thanks so much! It is all done with RedHeart a WW wool, a horrible stuff! I use RH for alot of stuff and this particular color/skein was the scratchiest awful stuff ever! But it held up nice for the set!

Worked this up last night while nursing a headache since I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep till it went away.

it's done in grit stitch in a S&C yarn which I can't remember the name has white/ purple, green. I'll edit this later with the correct color.

IMG00093.jpg

thanks so much! It is all done with RedHeart a WW wool, a horrible stuff! I use RH for alot of stuff and this particular color/skein was the scratchiest awful stuff ever! But it held up nice for the set!

I love the flower one as well.....is that a free pattern? or is it in a book/ebook

Here is the set I finally finished up yesterday. I have the pic posted in the group album.

th_SherbertDishcloths2009.jpg

Very nice. I especially like the variety of testures in the green and gold one on the right.

Worked this up last night while nursing a headache since I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep till it went away.

it's done in grit stitch in a S&C yarn which I can't remember the name has white/ purple, green. I'll edit this later with the correct color.

IMG00093.jpg

Pretty dishcloth.

Great dishcloths you guys! I have no idea what I am gonna do tomorrow yet. Will go browse some patterns but if I make the tulip one again, I'll do it in pink. I'm hoping I'll be in the mood to do it tomorrow. I had to have TWO teeth extracted today and I'm pretty wiped out. One was a wisdom tooth (yes I still had a wisdom tooth because I'm such a big baby about these things) but the one in front of it had to go as well because it was very infected. Oh boy does it hurt. :( Send good thoughts! On the upside, I treated myself to some rather expensive yarn (expensive for me!) and ordered a pair of addi turbo needles. I deserve a treat for all I've been thru. :yes

It's Tuesday, mine's done but no camera so I'll have to post a picture later. I printed a bunch of free patterns last night, grabbed one & got it done! Thanks guys. I now have a great dishcloth to use & I need them. :clap

Just finished up another dishcloth in tunisian crochet with sugar and creme sunshine yellow. It's called foursquares and the pattern is from A dozen and one dishcloths from Annie's Attic. Pic is already uploaded to the photobucket site.

Jeannie...i like your dishcloth...i've seen that pattern before...does it work up in different squares or as one piece?? I've never done tunisan, and don't really know what it is, except it looks alot like knitted pieces.

Debbie, i like yours too....is that a textured stitch?? It looks alot like the stitch i did mine in. mine was a hdc, sl st, hdc, sl st across, and the hdc made a humpy stitch between the sl st's...kinda neat.

I love the flower one as well.....is that a free pattern? or is it in a book/ebook

it is a free pattern, but took alot of fudging and ingenuity! But it did turn up rather quick and it is a neat looking piece!

http://www.freecraftunlimited.com/flower-hot-pad.html

I did about 5 dishclothes this week but came down with pinkeye---yea really, ugh!---so I haven't uploaded them yet, I will try tomorrow!

ouch...that hurts!! sorry that happened to you!!

I am juggling hospital visits & working this week, so i'll have to pick this up next week...i want to make myself some potholders...

Debbie, i like yours too....is that a textured stitch?? It looks alot like the stitch i did mine in. mine was a hdc, sl st, hdc, sl st across, and the hdc made a humpy stitch between the sl st's...kinda neat.

Thanks !! It's a very simple pattern.

NOTE: This is not my pattern. I found it on the internet but no longer have the web site. I make no claim that this is my pattern. I only wish I knew who to give the credit to.

Ch 32 or any even number.

Round 1: SC in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 1, turn.

Round 2: SC in first sc (ch 1, sk next st, sc in next st) across, ch 1 and turn.

Round 3: SC in first sc (dc in next ch space, sc in next sc) across. Ch 1 and turn.

Round 4: SC in first sc (ch 1, sk next dc, sc in next sc) across. Ch 1 and turn.

Repeat rows 3 and 4 until desired length.

Final row: SC in each st across. Finish off.

If desired, sc around all edges, putting 3 sc in each corner.

Debbie, that is a very nice dishcloth. I didn't have time to make one yesterday, since I worked all day and had to go out again to a meeting at night, but hopefully next week will be quieter.

AmyJ, sorry you have pink eye, hope you heal quickly!

Thanks for sharing!! The pattern is the same theory as the textured dishcloth pattern (on cpc) that i did...the short stitch makes the larger stitch "bump" which gives it the texture...great for dishcloths & sponges.

Jeannie...i like your dishcloth...i've seen that pattern before...does it work up in different squares or as one piece?? I've never done tunisan, and don't really know what it is, except it looks alot like knitted pieces.

It's done up in one piece and very easy to work up once you know the basic stitches and have the afghan hook. Kim Guzman is a great teacher here on the 'Ville and she just recently had a class on a tunisian felted bag.

it is a free pattern, but took alot of fudging and ingenuity! But it did turn up rather quick and it is a neat looking piece!

http://www.freecraftunlimited.com/flower-hot-pad.html

I did about 5 dishclothes this week but came down with pinkeye---yea really, ugh!---so I haven't uploaded them yet, I will try tomorrow!

Oh, thank you so much for sending me the link...printing it out now so I can work on one. Sorry to hear about the pink eye...hope you get better soon

Archived