Dishcloth Tuesdays~2009 CAL

LadiBug329

Its been some time since I played on this thread.

I dusted off my ol' knitting needles the other day....... havent knitted in a few months. I need to warm them up for Christmas stocking making... I have 7 stockings I want to make this yr.

So........... here are the dish cloths I made over the last couple days to get me ready for stocking making.

post-18634-135897429711_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooooo, look at the pretty little fish dishcloth! Would you happen to have a link for that one teakaycee? It's too cute!

Thanks hon..........

I sure do.......... http://knitalittlemore.blogspot.com/2008/03/introducing-bubbles_11.html

I made another Tunisian Short Row dishcloth. This one I made look like a beach ball. I made it for my mother. We have an auction at our family reunion every year to help pay for family activities. I made two in varigated green and white to be sold. They went for $10. My mom wanted a set and said, "I'll just have her make me some. I need them in red." I told her that I wouldn't make her any, but she could pay the family treasury $10 for them and I'd make her a set in her colors. So, today I made the first one. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it the same way or if I'm going to use a solid and a varigated color. I really like the way those look.

post-28827-135897430235_thumb.jpg

I made another Tunisian Short Row dishcloth. This one I made look like a beach ball. I made it for my mother. We have an auction at our family reunion every year to help pay for family activities. I made two in varigated green and white to be sold. They went for $10. My mom wanted a set and said, "I'll just have her make me some. I need them in red." I told her that I wouldn't make her any, but she could pay the family treasury $10 for them and I'd make her a set in her colors. So, today I made the first one. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it the same way or if I'm going to use a solid and a varigated color. I really like the way those look.

Oh... how cool is that one!!! Where did you find the pattern for that? Its COOL!

Halfway done! Thanks for the link teakaycee! Man, those K2tog are killers with this splitty yarn. :blink

Check you out.............. lookin' good!!!!!

I am new here just joined yesterday. How do you join the CAL.

MELANIE IN FL

You just join the CAL by posting here! We chat while we crochet dishcloths on Tuesday. We post the pictures once they are done. It's very informal. Welcome to the 'Ville.

Welcome to the CAL, and to Crochetville, Melanie. :hook

I knitted this one today. I saw a scrap yarn idea on a dishcloth group I am in (the ballband was one of them, using scraps for the stripes..); and tried it today. I also knitted another 'grandmother's favorite' or 'idiot's dishcloth'. I just haven't taken a picture of it yet. (It looks just like the other ones I did, just a different color... :P)

post-20-135897431736_thumb.jpg

I love the ball band dishcloths, Tina. I can't knit to save my life. I have the pattern for the Brick Wall dishcloth to crochet. I want to try it, but you know how it goes....I have too many WIP's and WIM's as it is! :lol

Made these this last week.... due to nicolep being so sweet and sharing the link to the pattern. Thank you again my dear.... you were right.. they are addictive!!!

post-18634-135897433397_thumb.jpg

Oooohhhh....I love the one with the self striping yarn!! I have to make another one of those tonight, too. I'm making my mom a set and haven't even started the other. It will get done quickly though. Then, I think I'm goin to make a University of Tennessee looking dishcloth for a friend....maybe even a thread dishcloth.

So many dishcloths, so little time. :sigh

Made these this last week.... due to nicolep being so sweet and sharing the link to the pattern. Thank you again my dear.... you were right.. they are addictive!!!

[ATTACH]6302[/ATTACH]

That's really cute!! I made one of those before I knew there was even a design for it!!! They are sooo pretty!!!

Julee

Oooohhhh....I love the one with the self striping yarn!! I have to make another one of those tonight, too. I'm making my mom a set and haven't even started the other. It will get done quickly though. Then, I think I'm goin to make a University of Tennessee looking dishcloth for a friend....maybe even a thread dishcloth.

So many dishcloths, so little time. :sigh

:hook.......... thanks!!!

hehehee... you are really addicted!!! LOL

They're great Tam.

I am knitting a 'Gone Fishin' one for my Dad today. :knit

Thanks.............. the fish cloths are fun... arent they!!!

That's really cute!! I made one of those before I knew there was even a design for it!!! They are sooo pretty!!!

Julee

Thanks Julee!!! They are really fun to make!

I did one for the KISS dishcloth, but don't want to post it till my partner rec'vs it. I got a new pattern book for it...(yeah, like I needed that.

Celtic Household Crochet or something like that from AA. It had a new dishcloth pattern, so I got it. Very easy and fun...I'll probably end up making some for me, as well.

Elise

I might join you all here. I have been crocheting off and on for over 35 years, and I have never made a dishcloth. It may be stupid, but I thought they were just for show. The other day I was at the farmer's market in town and a lady was selling them. She told me I could actually wash dishes with them. Who knew!!

Maybe I'll make some for Christmas gifts.

Welcome Redsfan!

I haven't been able to get any crocheting done. The power was out at my house for over 12 hours. It just came back on...in time to get in bed, of course. At least it's back on and I didn't have to throw out all of the meet in the freezer.

Welcome to the CAL Redfans. :welcome

Here is my 'Gone Fishin' dishcloth (from Digknitty Designs) and another grandmother's favorite. These are both for my Dad. I bought the Gone Fishin one with him in mind. He loves to go fishing, and has to do the dishes every day. (I bet he'd rather be fishing, so I knit this for him...)

post-20-135897433429_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897433433_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897433436_thumb.jpg

Archived