oval kitchen rug

DesertCrocheter

Hey all, my first project of the new year was a small, oval kitchen rug I crocheted yesterday out of Bernat Handicrafter cotton twists in blue and white. I want to make the Flower Power one later this year, but the current rug was so gray with age I decided it had to go. Something happened with my improvised rounding increases, so it's a little wonky and wavy, but it does what I need it to do, and I'll stretch it out when I wash it and hopefully smooth some of the waves out of it. Thanks for looking, Patty

[/url]th_IMG_0988.jpg

That is going to be great to stand on in front of the sink or counter when you are cooking. No cold feet on those floors. I have ceramic tile in my kitchen and the floor is so cold inthe winter. Great job.

That is really cool and my favorite color too. :lol How do you keep them from slipping and sliding?

My favorite color, too! I'm going to get one of those under rug things to cut to size tomorrow at Target. That should work, I think. My mother hasn't slid on it yet, and that's more important than whether I slide on it. And the cats haven't discovered the slide function yet. :lol Patty

You can buy a liquid product to 'paint on' the back to keep it from slipping. You can find it with the latch hook rug supplies at craft stores like Michaels. Or you can sew old fashioned canning jar rings on if you happen to have those sitting around.

That looks nice! I need to make a little rug for my half-bath, to go in front of the basin. Something like yours would do well for me! Oval shape is tricky, I think, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived