Sign in to follow this  
saucylady

Doily poncho

I thought I'd share my new project. I posted pictures and a description of the pattern in my blog here. It's a doily pattern from a book, and I don't know if I made enough changes to the pattern to qualify as original, so to stay on the safe side I'm not posting the pattern.

I'm pretty pleased with it. I wish I could remember who here posted a remark that I read that gave me the idea to use a doily pattern for a poncho, but whoever it was, thank you, it's a great idea!

Edited to link to the specific blog post, not the blog in general.

Looks beautiful. I want to see what it looks like with someone wearing it! :)

Barbara

Looks beautiful. I want to see what it looks like with someone wearing it! :)

Barbara

Barbara, I'll post the pics when it's done, right now it's too short. It doesn't look right yet.

that is nice! very creative idea too!

It is purty! Great idea you had there, how does it look on? Oh, Doh! Read more responses and I see that you will let us know soon... :D

Nice poncho! Love that color.

Hi I'm really impressed that doily patterns can be put to such a great use! Not converted to doilies but a doily poncho? FANTASTIC!

Wow that is so neat!!! Well done. Like all I too would like to see it on someone:)

Awaiting more pics

Hugs

Vims:clap

That is pretty! What a marvelous idea - nice to see it put into practical use! :)

Cool! There are more than 1 uses for a doily! :lol

:frog

I love the look!

/me digs through all her doily books with a new purpose! :P

:digs toe in the dirt:

Aww, shucks, you all are so sweet. Thanks for the compliments. I promise I'll post pics of the poncho on when it's done. I'm hoping to have it done by Tuesday. On Tuesday I start a new class and I'm not sure how much of my crochet time it will take up.

Using the doily pattern wasn't really my idea, it came from discussions here, I think around the pineapple shawl that a lot of people are doing. I read all of that, and then saw this pattern and loved the stitch, and thought of doing a poncho with the pattern.

i love it!!! i've had the idea about taking old doily patterns and turning them into poncho's and shawls. i may do it now. very very nice!!!:hook

an excellent idea that turned out so beautiful!! I have that book and haven't been able to find it since I started crocheting from patterns again. now it'll haunt me, LOL, til I finally find it. :clap to you!!

Lovely poncho. The yarn is such a pretty color!!:manyheart