Doily poncho

saucylady

I thought I'd share my new project. I posted pictures and a description of the pattern in my blog here. It's a doily pattern from a book, and I don't know if I made enough changes to the pattern to qualify as original, so to stay on the safe side I'm not posting the pattern.

I'm pretty pleased with it. I wish I could remember who here posted a remark that I read that gave me the idea to use a doily pattern for a poncho, but whoever it was, thank you, it's a great idea!

Edited to link to the specific blog post, not the blog in general.

Looks beautiful. I want to see what it looks like with someone wearing it! :)

Barbara

Barbara, I'll post the pics when it's done, right now it's too short. It doesn't look right yet.

:digs toe in the dirt:

Aww, shucks, you all are so sweet. Thanks for the compliments. I promise I'll post pics of the poncho on when it's done. I'm hoping to have it done by Tuesday. On Tuesday I start a new class and I'm not sure how much of my crochet time it will take up.

Using the doily pattern wasn't really my idea, it came from discussions here, I think around the pineapple shawl that a lot of people are doing. I read all of that, and then saw this pattern and loved the stitch, and thought of doing a poncho with the pattern.

an excellent idea that turned out so beautiful!! I have that book and haven't been able to find it since I started crocheting from patterns again. now it'll haunt me, LOL, til I finally find it. :clap to you!!

Archived