Any suggestions on what I should buy at Hobby Lobby I have $100 to spend...

I don't know what you would want, since HL sells such a broad range of items. I know I'd have no problems spending $100 there.

Hobby Lobby often prints a 40% off any regular priced item in their newspaper ads. I'd make several trips in order to utilize the coupons.

or you can turn it into a hobby lobby gift card - a lot of times they have more selection on their online store www.craftsetc.com and I think right now they have free shipping for all orders over 25.00.... Just a thought... =)

Actually, I've found a better selection in the store... and if you shop the sales, you can get much better deals in the store as well... and don't forget to check the clearance bin! :D

Yarn!!! Only one problem Christmas money if not to spent on bills but on yourselfs. So he should of shared and gave you half. Or if you have kids split it even and you go buy the kids some stuff too. lol

Sorry I don't save and Chrismas money is suppose to be fun not go in in savings or on bills.

If you don't know for sure what you want, I wouldn't rush out and spend it all. Can you hold onto it without spending it? Sooner or later something will strike your fancy, and wouldn't it be cool to have $50 hidden in a corner of your wallet so you can get it right then?

That's what I'd do!

Yarn!!! Only one problem Christmas money if not to spent on bills but on yourselfs. So he should of shared and gave you half. Or if you have kids split it even and you go buy the kids some stuff too. lol

Sorry I don't save and Chrismas money is suppose to be fun not go in in savings or on bills.

I'm sorry but I must respectfully disagree. It's a lot nicer not to have so much stress from financial issues because you splurged too much instead of paying them down. $100 each out of $800 is still a pretty nice chunk of play money. That's a really amazing Christmas gift to receive btw! :yes Congratulations and have fun with it!

Oh, and in answer to the original question, I'd probably turn it into a gift card (for easy remembering that the money is earmarked for me) and then I'd probably shop the clearance bins from time to time. :)

Yeah, that's what I do with 'found' money (money that I wasn't expecting, wasn't planned on) - I divide it in half. Half goes to pay down debts, half goes into a 'fun' fund to be used at my discretion.

I'm sorry but I must respectfully disagree. It's a lot nicer not to have so much stress from financial issues because you splurged too much instead of paying them down. $100 each out of $800 is still a pretty nice chunk of play money. That's a really amazing Christmas gift to receive btw! :yes Congratulations and have fun with it!

Oh, and in answer to the original question, I'd probably turn it into a gift card (for easy remembering that the money is earmarked for me) and then I'd probably shop the clearance bins from time to time. :)

I completely agree with you Lady.. My ex MIL used to get upset with my because I'd spend my birthday/Christmas money on the kids... to me it just made sense. I struggled to buy clothes and other things for them... this made it easier for me to buy what they needed. Especially since there wasn't much I truly needed... It's easier to take a couple of dollars from the weekly budget to buy a skein of yarn than to pay a larger bill... in the end it all evens out. ;)

How delightful for you! Is there anything you have been saying to yourself, "Gee, I really need a (fill in the blank)" -- some tool, or other large item you would not normally have the money for. A set of ergonomic hooks, a blocking board, a sewing machine (or even several smaller tools) for example. If not, then I liked the idea of getting yourself an HL gift card so that you could go back a few times with your "yarn fund" and shop at your leisure.

If you don't know for sure what you want, I wouldn't rush out and spend it all. Can you hold onto it without spending it? Sooner or later something will strike your fancy, and wouldn't it be cool to have $50 hidden in a corner of your wallet so you can get it right then?

That's what I'd do!

I like this idea. Spend some now and then wait until something you really want comes up. To guarantee that you will spend it at HL, I would buy myself a gift card for HL. This way, you will spend the money on yourself, and not pay for ordinary things out of the money. You know how that is. Oh, I'll just spend a little here and there, and soon it's gone.

Having a gift card tucked in your wallet is safer. You won't be tempted to spend it someplace else.

What a nice gift!

:manyheart

I would buy maybe the Fishermans Wool if it was on sale and the I love This Wool! if they have it in stock and its on sale. I am sure after a long year of hard work and taking care of your family it is very exciting to have $100.00 to spend on anything you want for yourself. If you are like me it is very rare I have that kind of money to spend on anything besides bills.

My mother in law told me that my husband & I should spend the $800 on something for us. I know I want crocheting supplies. I am unsure of what I want to buy. Tomorrow I am going to HL to look around for several hours & see what I can find.

I don't mean to sound negative, but I really wouldn't buy a gift card. Why limit yourself to Hobby Lobby? You might be somewhere and find a new store that has something you really want. If you keep the cash, you can spend it whenever and however you want.

Also, I wouldn't be in a rush to spend it...wait until you see something you really really want. Don't just buy yarn or supplies to stash away, buy something you will definitely use.

They have some really nice books at Hobby Lobby, like Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of crochet. If you use the online 40% off coupons, you could get a library of books (one at a time) that you will use forever.

Hobby Lobby has all crochet hooks, knitting needles, and crochet/knitting accessories on sale for 40% off this week.

I'd also print out a couple of the online 40% off one item coupons. (You can only use one per day, I believe, unless I'm confusing them with Michael's.)

I found some yummy Patons Silk Bamboo yarn (70% bamboo, 30% silk) in there today that's priced at $4.99 per skein.

They also carry the new Caron Spa and Country yarns.

Archived