-3 TexasSugar

-4 Mandii

-4 walker 1021

-6 bama belle

-9 kel

-12 lhapsaapsolady

-16 Ladykats

-18 basjordan

And a first in Stashbuster History (At least as long as I've been playing)... a TIE for SHOOT THE MOON!!!!

-26 CroJulee SHOOT THE MOON!

-26 PBLKNP SHOOT THE MOON!

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! What a great week for stashbusting!:cheer:yay:clap:manyheart:hug

OOooops... I completely forgot to post last nite. I've had such a busy week I didn't have much to show anyway:lol Just for the record, here ya go :)

WTD: 2 YTD: 11

I had to make chili for a cook off, so no :crocheting. I spent last night trying to remember what spices to use :think (don't have a recipe). My kitchen still smells like chili powder and jalapenos. It was for church fundraiser today, so after church anyone could try all the chili (11 kinds) and vote by the # on the pot. I ate so much chili, my stomach hates me. I'll just :crocheting and not eat anything for the rest of the day. I'll finish the 2 squares I need and start putting them together. I might use up a skein and some balls by tomorrow.

WTD: 0 YTD: 34

Ellie 13

well I had a 40%off coupon for Joann's so I bought some Bernat fingering weight yarn today -2 for me for today

I am developing a really bad habit lately. I finish a skein but not the project. I decided to make a hat to go with my doily ghan and thereby finish that skein... Well now I have to hope that I have another of those skeins because the hat isn't finished :think

:rofl

but I get those 2 points. :woo

Almost finished with another baby blanket and got through a skein. +2 for myself.

I've managed to find a way to remember how many skeins I go through. I clip the yarn labels to my working notebook, so I count the labels at the end of the week. Any unlabeled yarn gets a small tag of the color and weight.

Well working away on my bath rug for the bathroom so trying to use up the yarn I have now then on to making some more washcloths if I have enough left on the cone then I will

I am developing a really bad habit lately. I finish a skein but not the project. I decided to make a hat to go with my doily ghan and thereby finish that skein... Well now I have to hope that I have another of those skeins because the hat isn't finished :think

:rofl

but I get those 2 points. :woo

I think you may have just stated the "catch 22" of this CAL, which, by the way, tends to be "how I roll" :rofl

:devilthat's the secret to "so many wip's, so little time", I think... :lol

I was at Walmart with my mother today and had a yarn craving. I had to resist the urge to drive over to AC Moore and Michaels (they're right next to each other) and buy the sock yarn I've been needing, but I resisted. I was right there too! (AC Moore and Michaels are in the strip mall right behind Walmart)

Been trying to use a skein, but not there yet.

And a first in Stashbuster History (At least as long as I've been playing)... a TIE for SHOOT THE MOON!!!!

-26 CroJulee SHOOT THE MOON!

-26 PBLKNP SHOOT THE MOON!

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! What a great week for stashbusting!:cheer:yay:clap:manyheart:hug

WOW!!!! Congrats PBLKNP!!! We tied!! That's just so exciting (it would be more exciting if it was +26 right?)!!! We'll do better next week though. Think positives!!

Julee

Ok so I'm wondering if I bought Mill end yarn to use would that count as a skein or a ball?

I buy these in one pound bags and I count each skein individually as 2 points.

Okay, so my son (21) is bothering me to crochet a chess board blanket for him, but I have way too many projects going on right now. So the other night, he starts playing with my yarn making chains with his fingers, and I hand him a hook. He, being a guy, puts it down, but continues playing with the yarn. Yesterday my husband tells him that he use to knit with his mother... suddenly, it like.... Mom you got yarn I can use to make a blanket. So I go up to my stashed yarn room, and grab two one pounders of white and black, Then find a nice Jimbo hook that will fit his rather large hand, and begin to teacher him how to crochet. So he hasn't gotten everything down perfect yet, and his stitches go loose and tight, but he managed to crochet a 12 inch chain, I turned it the first time to show him. Then he did a row of sc. I hear man this is going to take forever. So after the second row of sc, I ask if he wanted to learn a dc, so he could make the square faster. So last night he learned to chain, sc and dc.

Now my question is, does the yarn he uses of my stash, count on my stash busting score, as I am having to help him, and I will be working with the black squares?

Now my question is, does the yarn he uses of my stash, count on my stash busting score, as I am having to help him, and I will be working with the black squares?

I would say so! It counts if we "gift" some of our stash to someone. :yes

Ladykats that is awesome that you get to teach someone, especially your son! My boyfriend had an interest in it for a while but he'd rather me make things for him. I love teaching people to crochet.

Well we had a big family get together yesterday so all I got done was a couple of washcloths but I plan to make a bath set today so I might be able to finish off this giant cotton skein. No points so far.

Well I'm trying to bust through a skein hopefully I won't go and buy more yarn today I should use the Joann's coupons that I have just need to figure out what to buy hmmmmmm? even though I need to stop buying yarn fat chance :lol

Archived