2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I was just going to go into Michaels to look at the beads-- I have had a yen to make jewelry lately and I found some pretty beads on clearance... and 6 skeins of Brilliant in gold. I went in thinking I had the willpower-- really I did! So I'm -12 so far. I really need to finish the shawl I'm working on (unfortunately I'm using a giant skein of Rainbow Classic, so I'll only have +2 when I'm done :sigh) Maybe I should make something with lots of small skeins of bulky yarn next time.

I thought I was just going to go into Michaels to look at the beads-- I have had a yen to make jewelry lately and I found some pretty beads on clearance... and 6 skeins of Brilliant in gold. I went in thinking I had the willpower-- really I did! So I'm -12 so far. I really need to finish the shawl I'm working on (unfortunately I'm using a giant skein of Rainbow Classic, so I'll only have +2 when I'm done :sigh) Maybe I should make something with lots of small skeins of bulky yarn next time.

Remember, though, when you BUY the big skein, you only get -2 points, but when you buy a large number of little skeins, your score suffers much more. So says the woman with the 5 pound cone of thin cotton that will never, ever, ever go away.

Not a big number this week, but at least I got something done. I've been on some serious cough medicine to beat the flu & it's been kind of hard to crochet :rofl:rofl

WTD +4 YTD +8

I was on serious meds once, I know how that can make feel. High as a kite legally and loving it :D! Get well and get back to :crocheting.

Ellie 13

well I did it I bought 2 more skeins today so there's -4 for me. Though I'm wondering if I bought cotton yarn on a cone what is the minus is it -2 or -1 just curious

well I did it I bought 2 more skeins today so there's -4 for me. Though I'm wondering if I bought cotton yarn on a cone what is the minus is it -2 or -1 just curious

Every "skein" of yarn is a minus 2 no matter what it looks like. It can be those giant kg skeins or the little 40 gm skeins Now if someone gave you a bunch of little balls of yarn, they could be a minus 1.

Well, I HAD to go to Hobby Lobby yesterday and buy some Baby Bee yarn (one of my favorites). I ended up balling up 11 skeins right away, plus I used a skein of yarn on another project. So now I'm at WTD -11 and YTD 9.

I forgot to add my points from monday...I finished a ball for a point and rolloed a skein for another for another point. thats a total of two points. that means that my YTD score will be even! :yay

One yarn-addicted woman here to confess..... *blush*

Went to visit my sister where she lives, and just near her appartment (a 3-4 minutes walk away!!) was this AWESOME yarnstore.. It was called "The yarnhouse". Oh. My. God. I have never ever been in a store with THAT much yarn! It was rather pricey, but I didn't seem to care. When we went to the store the first time I didn't buy ANYTHING. I was so stunned by all the yarn and stuff. But when we returned two days later, I did buy a lot.. It was so much fun. But I totally ended up at a minus now, even my ytd score is negative now!!! But, I bought some yarn that are reeeeally thick (I'm crocheting a laptop-cozy for my sister with it), and I guess I'll crochet pretty quick with that. So when I'm in that crochetmood again (I have not been feeling well lately, so tired and exhausted all the time), I'll bust my stash big time. ;)

My totals are good right now, but I've just screwed things up. I just ordered from Jimmy Bean...I got 15 skeins for a sweater I'm going to knit as a present for someone. :devil

Phew, I finally busted through the big skein of pink Rainbow Classic and I rolled up a partial skein of green Vannas Choice I'm going to use to make some shamrocks so +3-- now my wtd is only -9.

well I was diagnosed with pnuemonia on Monday after a week of being sick so I haven't done anything prior to today, I have been in bed for almost two days straight! No stashbusting for me!

:hug

Get better soon! Get as much rest as you can!

Archived