2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I am working on a scrap project, finishing a bunch of skeins that I never rolled into balls. I used 6 skeins today. I used all the yarn I had earmarked for the project, so now I get to go stash-diving to try to find something else that will work.

WTD +14 YTD +28

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's my score so far for the week...i made the last of the set of 3 dishcloths today and used up 1 skein (+2), then I went to the post office and had a box of 3 skeins I had traded for, so -6. So that leaves a -4...i adjusted my score. Hopefully, will get some more points maybe tomorrow and saturday before the final post...

Have not been on much and there are many posts to catch up on and I don't think I am going to make it. Don't know what the crocheting will be the rest of the week cause I am very sick and don't even feel like picking up a hook. Now that is something to be shocked about!!!!

... wow, you must be under the weather to not want your :hook... I hope you get to feeling better!:hug

Have not been on much and there are many posts to catch up on and I don't think I am going to make it. Don't know what the crocheting will be the rest of the week cause I am very sick and don't even feel like picking up a hook. Now that is something to be shocked about!!!!

I hope you feel better soon. Today bought no yarn have been working on a new stitch today called the seed stitch for crocheting it is fun so far though I must admit at first it was hard because it had an indent and I wasn't sure if I was doing it right it turned out I was so yeah for me I learned a new stitch :cheer so now I have to conquer making mittens. At least I didn't add to my stash and didn't subtract from it either so I'll probably have the same score again I guess we will have to see

Today bought no yarn have been working on a new stitch today called the seed stitch for crocheting it is fun so far though I must admit at first it was hard because it had an indent and I wasn't sure if I was doing it right it turned out I was so yeah for me I learned a new stitch

Ooh, I have been looking at learning that stitch too. It looks really pretty. What are you making with it?

I'm making a scarf with the pattern looked at the pattern on Crochet Central Pattern and googled in seed stitch in crochet and learned on you tube I searched for something new because I was getting tired of the same stitch for a scarf and really wanted something different

Feel better soon!!! Your crochet hooks miss you!!!

Hope you feel better soon dilyca. :hug

Finished one RH skein on a new ghan (+2). Then went out with my Mom yesterday and she insisted I take the yarn she had bought to make a baby ghan for my daughter. She broke her finger and hasn't been able to finish it. Of course I couldn't tell her no. So that's a -8, which bumps me back down to a +3.:( Going to try to get some serious crocheting in today and tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to add back some of those points. :hook

I really hate it when I have nothing positive, or even, negative to report in WTD. Continued to work along on my VJGC afghan and made my very first dishcloth, a solid (granny) square, for my sister. Never used cotton before. It seems a bit stiff after always using some other kind of yarn (acrylic, mostly). I'll send it off to her (in Virginia) this afternoon.

I am asking her if it suits her. She likes them really small, 6-6 1/2", so it's going to be fun trying to adapt the patterns I've been finding to a much smaller size. I have plans, though, to work on practicing the sc and dc base chains/foundation rows using the tutorials on YouTube, so I can use them as the bases for making some using the cool sitches in my 365 stitches perpetual calendar. I used the "optical" stitch for the Christmas scarf. Really neat effect. But that one doesn't start with a sc or dc row, so I have to look at some of the others for a dishcloth.

I do tend to ramble on...

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -2

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -2

TeamVJGC

I hope this message doesn't get lost, but tomorrow is just going to be crazy, packed with things I need to do, so I probably won't be online. I started the week at +2, then today had to buy a skein to finish off a blanket my mom ran out of yarn for and left behind when she went home again after her visit with me, so that means my score became

0, a big fat 0!

LOL Oh well, at least I controlled myself to just buying exactly what I needed and nothing else. What self control! Patty

Evening everyone! I "gifted" six skeins of yarn today, so that gives me a +12 so far for the week. I'm getting ready to sit and do some crocheting so maybe I can get a few more points before Sunday morning. :hook

I gave a partial skein of fun fur (leftover from my fluffly scarf I finished the other day) away today. I also returned 3 skeins of yarn to Michael's (finished my shawl and didn't use them) for a refund - Does this mean I can add 7 points to my WTD this week? Usually when I have left over yarn, I put it in my stash....this is like the first time I've returned it to the store! Also, I just had the partial skein in my yarn bag at club this morning and was moved to offer it to someone - this game is addicting!!!!

Yes Jozzie, you get +7 for gifting and returns, too.

It's a good thing that I already had this in my stash or I would have have won "shoot the moon" award: my ex shipped my yarn to me. I'll have to move it out of the huge box it's in anyways, so I might as well count it as I go.

I'm not going to be able to post my score any later than this, so here goes:

WTD: +7

(+33 YTD)

I did good!! I went looking for yarn yesterday, for a project my sister wants me to do for her.. But we didn't find any yarn we liked where we were. So I'll save that for later. ;)

AND a question: Let's say I have a lot of skeins where I've used a little of them, but never rolled them into balls. I still get +1 from them, right, not +2?? As long as the lable is off, it's +1, am I correct?? :) Thanks!

Archived