2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

+2 WTD +108 YTD:clap

not bad--- with all the purchases i made i am happy to come out ahead!:hook

i DID manage to use ALL but one skein of the odd browns i had in my stash- now on to the gray

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+2 WTD +108 YTD:clap

not bad--- with all the purchases i made i am happy to come out ahead!:hook

i DID manage to use ALL but one skein of the odd browns i had in my stash- now on to the gray

Good for you! And that YTD score is Terrific! Keep on trying to bust that stash!

:manyheart

My very generous and lovely neighbor gifted me 18 skeins of RHSS today! :cheer She says she's just not interested in crocheting anymore, so it's all mine, and there's more somewhere in her basement. :eek (She also gifted me a whole box full of embroidery floss wound on bobbins - good thing that doesn't affect my stashbusting score! :laughroll )

It's a good thing I had a decent YTD score going into this week or I'd be back in the negatives. As it stands, my score is

WTD -36/YTD +3

(I probably could have counted the skein of RHSS I'm currently working on as being down to ball stage, but with that big a negative score, a +1 really wouldn't have helped me much! :blush I'll wait so I can give myself a +2 next week and look that much better! :lol )

As I scan along the posts I am seeing some good scores happening.

This week -0+

This year -56

I am actually seeing this zero as an improvement after the last couple of weeks. :rofl Boy how sad is your life when a Zero score is a good thing? :cry

:rofl:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I went to JoAnne's for yarn to finish a blanket, but they didn't have any of the kind I wanted. Should have bought more back in December! didn't even have anything that could co-ordinate :( So even with that good point, some yarn did jump out at me, telling me how perfect it was for some upcoming plushies I want to make. I can't help it the yarn was a perfect color!

-4 WTD / +16 YTD

but hey, I'm still in the positive for the yearly total! Yay!

Well, I finished my class project and will be uploading pictures to the Tunisian Drop Stitch Scarf Showcase. :bow I also used up two of those 24 skeins starting a rug. Unfortunately, the skeins turned out to be twenty five yards apiece which is not nearly enough for the project, especially working two strands at a time, so I got six skeins of the nearest equivalent that Caron makes these days which comes in 43 yard skeins. :blush So that's -12 points for the new skeins, plus 4 points for the skeins used. I rolled another skein into a ball, and I'm counting that pounder I used for the scarf as a ball even though I haven't rolled it yet, because if I don't roll it, it'll become a hazard to life and limb.

So, that makes my score for this week -54 WTD/ -130 YTD.

lhapsaapsolady +50 GOLD MEDAL!

Ladykats +24 SILVER MEDAL!

Miss Scarlet +20 BRONZE MEDAL!

+19 Kelly A

+13 Needle Arts

+13 Braxxi

+12 karishema

+10 basjordan

+8 Legalwoman17

+8 dilyca2006

+6 WendySue

+6 Tia

+5 Ellie 13

+3 CLLinda

+2 dragonpuck

+2 aphelia

+1 Marzee

0 fc1123

0 DesertCrocheter

0 darski

0 BigPinkPolkaDot

-1 pineknott

-2 walker1021

-4 kiwikitti

-11 appylover

-16 Jain

-36 Ariel Manx

-50 Jempast

-54 CraftyWitch

TexasSugar -58 SHOOT THE MOON!

Started working on one of the six ghans I am making for the Oncologist office. Finished 1 skein in just 2 rows, thankfully it was a partial skien. There are 67 rows and I am only on my fifth row and into the 2nd skein. I am seriously hoping I have enough skeins of this color. I have picked out several patterns to do the other ones. And I still have another layette to do before September. This isn't like I am under pressure here. Now I did make the quilt for Brandon, and completed a blanket for my DD that DH took immediately. So I told her I would make another for her later, just she has to buy the material. Anyway here is the quilt I made yesterday.

post-9070-1358974183_thumb.jpg

Thanks Everyone for your kind words in consolation of my impending lay off. I'm still in denial, although did I peek at our institution's job listings. Just dismal. Glad I have until middle of August.

:hi Hey! I keep reading about some of you who find you don't have enough of :yarnX to finish your project(s). Keep in mind that there are a lot of us Stashbusters out here. We just might have what you need and would happily destash to help. So, let us know exactly what you need when you post that you don't have enough. Who knows?

Watched about 8 hours of tv since Friday and didn't stitch a thing. What a waste! Projects piled on the end of the couch were whimpering the entire time and I simply ignored them.:ohdear

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -20

Archived