Amazing Find

On our way into the next town this morning, we passed a yard sale on the main highway. Hubby asked if I wanted him to turn around and go back. At first I said it didn't matter, but a voice said to go ahead and go back--so we did.

It was a crafter's paradise! :hook:crocheting Craft supplies everywhere, including FIVE storage bins full of yarn, hooks, needles, patterns, etc. I know my eyes grew huge as I stared in momentary shock. :eek

Some lady beat me to it and got a box of needles/hooks and a small bin of crochet thread.

But I got hubby's attention and quickly staked claim to the remainder of it. He asked me if I wanted some, and I said, "I want it ALL."

The entire trunk of our car was FULL of yarn...and I got it all for $11.50. I'm still grinning over that find. :devil

I just had to share with others that would appreciate the significance of such a find. :)

I estimate there being between 125-175 individual rolls. It's 6 milk crates, 2 boxes, 1 plastic tote, and 1 round laundry basket full of yarn. There were probably 6 or 7 sets of knitting needles and 5 or 6 crochet hooks, a large stitch marker, a big pair of scissors, some plastic canvas, a roll of fabric, some small silk flowers, a completed afghan and scarf, some ribbon, a darning needle, and sewing patterns as well as crochet--some handwritten.

Some of the colors have about a dozen rolls each. They are mostly acrylic, with one full cone and a partial of cotton, some sport weight, a couple rug yarn, some baby yarns, and a few fuzzy novelty type yarns. Most of it was complete rolls. The laundry basket full is things I need to unravel because they are started sweaters in knit, and my knitting leaves much to be desired at this point in time--plus, I'm not sure I could finish something someone else started, especially not knowing what pattern was being used. Plenty to keep me busy for a long time to come. My stash has more than doubled this past month, because a few weeks ago, I won a 14inX14inX14in box full of yarn off ebay for $25 which included shipping--and I had thought THAT was a good deal--I guess I learned the true meaning of a good deal this morning. :) And last Friday I got a large Walmart bag full of yarns and knitting needles from a local lady through Freecycle. Not to mention the three new hooks I got the weekend before that at Hobby Lobby for 40% off. *big grin* And a knitting bag with 4 brand new, still in the package circular knitting needles, 2 crochet hooks, a partial roll of crochet thread, and several pattern books that I got at the flea market for $2. This last month has been my super lucky month where crochet is concerned.

And I am STILL grinning about it all. lol

:eek:eek $11.50??:eek:eek

:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer

Lucky you!! Congratulations!!

Do you have a pic of it? I love looking at pics of huge bunches of yarn! I don't know what it is, but it's just so much fun to see! :lol I know, I know, I need to get a life! :lol

Amazing Yard Sale Find part 2

So, early this AM we went BACK to the yard sale we went to yesterday where I got all the yarn, and I ended up with TWO MORE BOXES of goodies. Some yard, some crochet thread, a few more knitting needles, several cable needles, a couple stitch counters, several knitting needle caps, a WHOLE BOX of pattern books, a bunch of plastic canvas, a crochet hook still in the package, unopened from GERMANY, a double ended crochet hook still unopened and new in the package from Japan, and a clover soft touch size "C" hook unopened in the package. There was a bunch of other little stuff in there, too, but I can't recall exactly what all there was (2 small knitting loom type thingies, some cabone rings, a doll head like for the air-freshener dolls, etc.).

At another stop, I got several rolls of scrap yarn, a baggie of buttons, some sparkly glue on button type things (2 unopened packs), and a bunch of those decorating smooth stones in a bag for $2.

At yet another stop, I got a lot of sewing needles, some in really old packaging and a hook holder for a total of 50cents for all of it.

At Walmart, I got a learn how to book with crochet, knitting, tatting and embroidery instructions in it for $2. At the Dollar Tree, I got a package of 155 Google eyes.

Dad fixed a broken sewing box for me to store stuff in. It's wooden with fold out storage areas. Perfect for needles and other small items.

So all in all, the last two days have been FANTASTIC.

As of right now, the hubby is in the process of washing all the yarn I got from the yard sale because it was obvious mice had been in it, though only two rolls had one end chewed on. I may just cut out the chewed parts and use those two rolls as materials for my scrap blanket I plan to make myself.

I just had to share. I thought those new crochet hooks were well worth the money spent on their own, much less with the other two box fulls of stuff that came with them. :) I had REALLY been wanting one of those soft touch hooks, though I wanted a "B"..."C" is close enough. LOL

Take care,

Archived