Crochet Magazine January 2006

princsstrish

I wrote to Carol Alexander to ask a few questions, 1. the thread ted pattern 2. to share a photo of a doily i made from the mag 3. to ask about archives of her newsletter.

Here is her response...

Hi Tricia:

Thanks for sharing your photo. The doily is lovely! Its heart-felt theme

makes it a perfect Mother's Day gift. I'd like to use your letter and photo

in the Jan. 06 issue of Crochet! magazine (which is the issue we're

beginning work on right now).

And would you believe...the Thread Teds bear (Jodi) pattern is also going to

be in the Jan. 06 issue, so be sure and look for it!

As of yet, our web development group isn't archiving past issues of our

e-newsletters (including Talking Crochet), but they are talking about the

possibility of doing so. I hope they do!

Thanks for writing,

Carol Alexander

I'm pretty excited. I've never been in a magazine before. My mom will be excited too cuz she was the recipient!! Plus, the thread ted pattern for free! I'm looking forward to the January issue, how about you?

CONGRATULATIONS TRISH!!!! Isn't it great when you get acknowledged for your crochet???? I can't wait for the issue to come out!!

It's a basic teddy pattern. She held a contest on the Yahoo group that was mentioned in THIS thread and gave them all this pattern for free to do what they wanted. it's 5 1/4 inches I believe. Basic pattern to expand upon. I also read that one of her patterns (pluf) was in a Teddy Bear Magazine in 2004.

Congratulations, Trish! :cheer I would like an autographed copy when it comes out! :clap:yay
me too me too :lol :lol thats wonderful trish, can't wait to get the issue. in a past issue of Crochet, there was also a pattern for a threadted, and it was like a scarf buddy, only arms and head and stuff, but was adorable, she does such awesome work, i have made small tiny thread bears before, but not like she has, now it has become a challenge to me to make some and see if they are any good. any suggestions as to what i should make the bear be(fireman, ballerina ect.):think :think :think thanks in advance:yay :yay:hug vicki

Archived