FA Awareness square challenge-1005 squares enough for 16 afghans

angelfire

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a bunch to all of you! I'm very excited to get some of these squares done. I'm just so used to making accessories and little toys, that I had forgotten how to even do a granny square. Thanks for getting me back on track. I feel much better now. :hug

You should be able to just add rounds to it to make it bigger. Just check your size as you go! I love simple grannies! :hook

Those are great! I love the colors.:)

Hello everyone, glad that you are helping each other out.

I have a couple squares done, but it is Saturday and hubby is around so I won't get much more done.

Joyce I just finished a square like yours in tan.

001-1.jpg

Everyone's squares are just beautiful. They are going to make some GORGEOUS afghans! :yes:manyheart

Here are my squares for today. This brings my total to 24. I have to work on something else now so that's it for me till tomorrow (but I'll be here lurking :lol).

th_FA4f.jpg

Oh, did you notice I made my new heart square pattern from SmoothFox? It's really nice (and easy). :yes

Actually it is really scary even to the postal workers :eekThey have their eyes open for this floating puffy. :think

I hope to get some crocheting done now. I hope to get at least two done today.

I have an email shows it delivered today.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 0103 8555 7493 6561 6530

Service Type: Priority Mail Delivery Confirmation

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delivered WAUSAU WI 54402 10/04/08 9:38am

Processed OAK CREEK WI 53154 10/02/08 5:48pm

Forwarded WAUSAU WI 54403 10/01/08 8:38am

Processed OAK CREEK WI 53154 09/29/08 10:09pm

Forwarded WAUSAU WI 54403 09/26/08 12:03pm

Processed MILWAUKEE WI 53201 09/25/08 8:05am

Processed MILWAUKEE WI 53201 09/24/08 10:09pm

Sure is curious to me.

I have an email shows it delivered today.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 0103 8555 7493 6561 6530

Service Type: Priority Mail Delivery Confirmation

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delivered WAUSAU WI 54402 10/04/08 9:38am

Processed OAK CREEK WI 53154 10/02/08 5:48pm

Forwarded WAUSAU WI 54403 10/01/08 8:38am

Processed OAK CREEK WI 53154 09/29/08 10:09pm

Forwarded WAUSAU WI 54403 09/26/08 12:03pm

Processed MILWAUKEE WI 53201 09/25/08 8:05am

Processed MILWAUKEE WI 53201 09/24/08 10:09pm

Sure is curious to me.

wasn't in my PO Box this morning when I checked. I will have to check again on Monday, was so weird to me. I checked my PO Box @ 10 am this morning and had no mail. The Post Office is closed now and I can't get there tomorrow. I will check first thing Monday morning. That zip code is the Post office itself not a residential zip code.

On another note, I couldn't leave my total @ 13 so I crocheted two more squares to bring the total to 15.

002.jpg

Whenever they arrive.. they will be well traveled squares!! LOL

Oh yes, they will. I know that PO Boxes are available @ 9am so since it was checked in after that I probably should see them Monday, They traveled as much as I did this past week, approx the same mileage. LOL

Bonnie, You should ask the PO if one of us could get postal credit.. as Priority Mail is supposed to arrive in 2 to 3 days.. and even giving them a day or two extra.. this is a LOT longer. Unfortunately, I cleaned up the other day and no longer have my printout of the label....but you'll have the package with all the dates on it. I'm curious at this point as to why it has taken so much longer than usual.

Good Morning Everyone! :cheer I got 3 more done yesterday! That brings me up to 9. Bonnie and Cherri, I love that heart sq by SmoothFox! It's sooo pretty! Hope your DGS is feeling better Bonnie!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

th_FARAsqsday4.jpg day 4

:hiHi everybody! I have nothing to add since I did it yesterday but I wanted to say Good Morning to everyone!!! :ghug

Ann, your squares are beautiful. :c9

Christina, do you have a digital camera? We can help you figure out how to post your pictures if you want. :yes And, WOW, 12 squares! You've been a busy bee!! :hug

I hope you all have a great day!!! (I need more coffee :lol).

Hi Christina! You have to upload them to a photo storing place like Photobucket (that's what I use). Do you already have a place like that? If not, photobucket is pretty easy. Here's the link. http://photobucket.com/

Christina, if you decide to do this, here's a good link to a tutorial on how to add to Crochetville from Photobucket. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44217 .

I have to go out for a couple of hours. But I'll be back (warning :lol). Plus, many others here use this so they'll be able to help too. :yes

I don't have any to add right now as I have a very sore wrist and I am resting it today, I strained it picking up a boix last night and I am putting warm compresses on it today after icing it last night. I will have to get more done tomorrow.

Participant list

total to date - 161

angelfire 15

jmccrochet 9

jessicagil 3

Cherri 24

jadyn05 10

coolhockeymom

niqita 4

grannyannie 9

pineknott 14

kittyloverdeb