FA Awareness square challenge-1005 squares enough for 16 afghans

angelfire

Hi Bonnie,

Great that you are starting a new challenge. Last week sometime I sent you a puffy full of squares for FARA from the GreekGames challenge. I sent them priority with DC and I got an email from the USPS showing they were sent to your hometown, then to another town and then back to your town again.

Did you get them?

Thanks,

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angelfire, count me in for the October FARA challenge. I will do my personal best.....under the circumstances. I get my stitches out tomorrow. I got some of the Royal Blue and White for the FARA colors. This is going to be a real challenge for me :eek wish me luck!

Angelfire, count me in for the October FARA challenge. I will do my personal best.....under the circumstances. I get my stitches out tomorrow. I got some of the Royal Blue and White for the FARA colors. This is going to be a real challenge for me :eek wish me luck!

:cheer:cheer Daisy's here!!!! And, with a reminder to me about the Royal Blue and White TY TY TY and :hi Daisy.

Joyce

:waving:waving:hi:hi Hi Daisy! :applause:party

Hi Bonnie,

Great that you are starting a new challenge. Last week sometime I sent you a puffy full of squares for FARA from the GreekGames challenge. I sent them priority with DC and I got an email from the USPS showing they were sent to your hometown, then to another town and then back to your town again.

Did you get them?

Thanks,

sorry I didn't answer sooner, I had to sewn some snaps on hockey pants this afernoon. No, I didn't get any squares, now I will have to check with the PO. I changed my addy to a PO Box a couple weeks ago and all my house mail has been forwarded there so far.

Daisy, one square from you would be great, take care of yourself first.

Don't you hate it when this happens?

I'm working on my 4th square of the day, a Daisy square. I'm down to the last few rows... the flower is done... it's so pretty... blah blah blah... and then I see it. I have 9 petals instead of 8!!!!!! :eek:(:yell:thair:bang

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Now I have to :frog the whole thing. :cry:rofl

I'm working on my 4th square of the day, a Daisy square. I'm down to the last few rows... the flower is done... it's so pretty... blah blah blah... and then I see it. I have 9 petals instead of 8!!!!!! :eek:(:yell:thair:bang

ok, haven't done that but I can picture it. :lol

I can totally see how that could happen after the number of tries it took me the first time I did it

Joyce

I can totally see how that could happen after the number of tries it took me the first time I did it

Joyce

Nobody would want to see the first one that I made:eek not even me. After I did it with ver8, I actually felt great and now, I am going strong, I love that Krystal16 decided to share it.

I thought that only happened to me... I did that exact same thing when I was making my sis's blanket back in March.... I got to the black background and it just wasn't working right... I was freaking out trying to figure out what was wrong..... then I counted... didn't frog tho just stashed it somewhere to deal with later...

your post made me laugh tho...

sorry I didn't answer sooner, I had to sewn some snaps on hockey pants this afernoon. No, I didn't get any squares, now I will have to check with the PO. I changed my addy to a PO Box a couple weeks ago and all my house mail has been forwarded there so far.

No problem on the delay.. I took a long nap myself. :D

I'll send you a PM with the info I have to help you track the package down.

Never too late to join , people can even join on Oct 31st if they would like too. Welcome aboard Evelyn. I have updated totals and look forward to doing so each day.

Yesterday I only completed 4 squares, but I also put snaps on DSS's hockey pants, and made 2 rectangles and tucked tails on 144 rectangles. As soon as I tuck tails on 17 more rectangles I should be able to get back to squares.

Participant list

angelfire 10

jmccrochet 7

jessicagil

Cherri 18

jadyn05

coolhockeymom

niqita

grannyannie 5

pineknott 9

kittyloverdeb

cshort 10

smith 6

grannytme

CrisKad 3

kwoolls

sissie44

dragonpuck 2

Brina

minnisoda 6

thepunkrockinchick

tris4crochet 3

almoreland

KellyA 8

wiz3283 1

barbarajames

christinaparrish

evelyn

Finally took pics of day 1, lol here they are. I only got 2 sqs done yesterday. Should have been 3, but ended up frogging the 3rd one. I should know better than to start a new pattern at 9pm! Well, it looked like it would be easy, lol! :no

th_FARAsqsday2.jpgday 2

th_FARAsqsday1.jpgday1

Ann, those are great.

I know what you mean about starting one late in the evening. I have that problem when I am trying to crochet and talk on the phone, I really need a bluetooth so that I can go hands free and still crochet and talk :lol

Ann, those are great.

I know what you mean about starting one late in the evening. I have that problem when I am trying to crochet and talk on the phone, I really need a bluetooth so that I can go hands free and still crochet and talk :lol

Thanks Bonnie! LOL, there is NO WAY I can do 2 things at the same time, lol! I'd have one big tangled mess if I tried crocheting and talking on the phone at the same time! :lol

Thanks Bonnie! LOL, there is NO WAY I can do 2 things at the same time, lol! I'd have one big tangled mess if I tried crocheting and talking on the phone at the same time! :lol

When I crochet while on the phone, my brain works on instinct and sometimes I start crocheting a totally different pattern and have to start over or use that square in a different area, like making scrapghans after I :2frog it too many times.

Archived