FA Awareness square challenge-1005 squares enough for 16 afghans

angelfire

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have 3 that I will be sending along with Circles of Hope that you are collecting. I might make more with the new black fleck RHSS my mom bought me yesterday. She knows how I love black. :D I know it's not a lot but they are good stash busters. I have a question do they need to be to you before Oct 31 or can we send them out that day? Becuase if I can wait till then I will be able to do more.

I will have 3 that I will be sending along with Circles of Hope that you are collecting. I might make more with the new black fleck RHSS my mom bought me yesterday. She knows how I love black. :D I know it's not a lot but they are good stash busters. I have a question do they need to be to you before Oct 31 or can we send them out that day? Becuase if I can wait till then I will be able to do more.

Thank you Jessica, that is great.

No, the squares can get to me after Oct 31st. It is a challenge to see how many can be made in the month of October. That means you can crochet until Nov 1st @ 12:00 a.m. and still have the squares count in the total. The squares can be sent out anytime after that.

The idea is to make as many as you feel comfortable with, if that is one, (as every singles square counts) or more. We did this with the crocheting for cure for cancer back in the spring and we had loads of fun. I know that CHerri will be a great cheerleader and I woul love to have everyone post their totals as we go along and help cheer us forward. FARA holds an auction each year and I am sure that they will love toauction any amount of afghans that we can get made from this challenge, of course theese will be a start for next years silent auction and every square will help earn a bit more money to advance a cure for this little known disorder.

Challenge starts tomorrow, but you can join anytime and have fun just chatting and having a good time.

Tomorrow? :eek Just kidding! :rofl I'm READY!! :clap I got a huge order from angelicrafts.com. It's so big, I could open a store. :yes Anyway, today I'll get my basket or yarn and my patterns together and I'll be raring to go. Ready....on your mark.....get set...... IT"S ALMOST TIME!!!!!! :jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:party:party:party

Tomorrow? :eek Just kidding! :rofl I'm READY!! :clap I got a huge order from angelicrafts.com. It's so big, I could open a store. :yes Anyway, today I'll get my basket or yarn and my patterns together and I'll be raring to go. Ready....on your mark.....get set...... IT"S ALMOST TIME!!!!!! :jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:party:party:party

Now I know who bought all the colors I wanted from Angelicrafts (just kidding), we can have lots of fun, doing warm-ups today, bounces :jumpyay, somersaults :woo, toe touches:bow and jumping jacks:clapok I will throw and egg roll in too :rock, this should be great

Count me in!!!! I just purchased a new book with 200 square patterns in it. I'm up for making a bunch!!

Hi minni. what book do you have? are all 200 8" squares?

I am ready to help also. My goal is to do 50 :cheer:cheer:cheer

we Have 8 hours and 45 minutes to go here on the east coast:lol:lol

Please add me to the list

I love doing squares:hook, and I have plenty of acrylic yarn :yarn:yes

So I guess I am set.........I believe I have a skein at work so I can start on my break tomorow :crocheting

I've got two patterns that I like down already. I'm trying to graduate from the traditional granny.....I'm headed to JoAnn's Thursday, poudners on sale $4.99!!

Count me in. I might not get any out the first week since I have to finish the edging on 2 more blankets and the last 5 rounds on a skirt on the baby dress I am currently making for the FARA Auction and then its on to squares!

That would take me up to 5 baby ghans, 1 lap ghan, one bonnet and one baby dress for the auction. Oh yeah I forgot I am working on a shawl too. Wow thats a lot of stuff!

Wow Tammy, you sure have done a lot for the auction. Are you still shooting for the Oct. 10 mailing deadline?

I'm ready for tomorrow (night after work). I got a bag of lots of yarn, two sets of hooks and I reorganized my square patterns. Come on Oct. 1

Joyce

Wow Tammy, you sure have done a lot for the auction. Are you still shooting for the Oct. 10 mailing deadline?

I'm ready for tomorrow (night after work). I got a bag of lots of yarn, two sets of hooks and I reorganized my square patterns. Come on Oct. 1

Joyce

I plan on mailing whatever I can by Oct 6th to get there by the 10th. Whatever doesn't make it this time around will go to the auction in the spring. I cant remember when Jimbo said that one was but there are currently 4 complete blankets and the bonnet. I should be able to finish the dress tomorrow and whatever else I can get done I will.

My contract at work ended today so its back to job hunting again and time to crochet until I find one. :crocheting

Archived