FA Awareness square challenge-1005 squares enough for 16 afghans

angelfire

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ann, sorry to hear about your family's loss. The shawl is a beautiful sentiment.

Joyce

Beautiful squares everyone! I've only got one done for today. I think that will be it since it's getting late. I've spent the day working on a "Remember Me Forever" shawl for my DIL. We found out today that she is miscarrying the baby. She spent last evening in the ER. This was the first child for her and my son and they are heartbroken. I've never made a shawl before and it seems like it's taking me forever! I guess it's because I want it done now, since there is so little I can do. Sorry for rambling......I'll post a pic of my square in the morning.....Have a wonderful night everyone!

Grannyannie,

sorry for your family's loss

I finished one square,and haven't felt like anymore since our dd got her thyroid results -

malignant,they just hope its not under her collarbone

Grannyannie,

sorry for your family's loss

I finished one square,and haven't felt like anymore since our dd got her thyroid results -

malignant,they just hope its not under her collarbone

Best thoughts to your DD. :hug

Joyce

I wasn't able to crochet today, grandson had th3e flu and took all my attention until his mom picked him up a few minutes ago. But here are the 10 I have done thus far. I hope to get some done tomorrow.

008.jpg009.jpg

Lookin' great Angelfire and you and Cherri have me hooked again on the Daisy square. I'm really trying to use this challenge to branch beyond the squares I always use.

Joyce

Lookin' great Angelfire and you and Cherri have me hooked again on the Daisy square. I'm really trying to use this challenge to branch beyond the squares I always use.

Joyce

I wanted to do that too. but I need to get some done that I know by heart until I can get time to go through some books and find new ones:think

I wanted to do that too. but I need to get some done that I know by heart until I can get time to go through some books and find new ones:think

Oh, I understand that, that's what's keeping me at two a night during the week :lol

Joyce

Good Morning Everyone! Well, it's a beautiful New England day here, sunny, bright and chilly! It's also the day of our town wide yard sale, but DH refuses to take me :(, so I guess I'm just going to have to spend the day :crocheting! :lol

I want to thank you all for your kind words. This is a difficult time, but we will get thru it. They are young and hopefully more children will be in the near future. It is just making it more difficult for them at this time since my other son and DIL are expecting in Feb., as well as their close friends too.

Pineknott, I'll keep you and your DD in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Well, everyones squares are beautiful!!! I have to stop being a chicken and try the daisy square!:lol Hopefully I'll finish the shawl today, then I can concentrate on some different squares!

Here's my lonely little one from yesterday!

th_FARAsqday3.jpgday3

:hiGood morning everybody! :ghug

Everyone's squares are so pretty. :c9

Bonnie, what heart pattern is that? I'm going to make SmoothFox's today. :yes

Pineknott, I'll keep your family in my prayers. :hug

Well, I have to go out for a while. Ann, I'm glad you're having a beautiful New England day. Here it's rainy and cold and yucky. Boy, I miss Massachusetts. :lol We're getting lake effect rain. :eek:(

Have a great day everyone! :)

Everyone is doing a great job. I love the squares and though I may not get many done today, I am going to hope to add at least 2 to my toatl

Participant list

total to date - 115

angelfire 15

jmccrochet 9

jessicagil

Cherri 24

jadyn05 10

coolhockeymom

niqita

grannyannie 6

pineknott 9

kittyloverdeb

cshort 10

smith 6

grannytme

CrisKad 3

kwoolls

sissie44

dragonpuck 2

Brina

minnisoda 6

thepunkrockinchick 2

tris4crochet 3

almoreland

KellyA 8

wiz3283 1

barbarajames

christinaparrish

evelyn

spoildarmywife 1

Lisaizme, puffy still not here??????:think

here is current tracking info for those that can't understand our puzzlement

Processed, October 02, 2008, 5:48 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154bullet_circle.gifForwarded, October 01, 2008, 8:38 am, WAUSAU, WIbullet_circle.gifProcessed, September 29, 2008, 10:09 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154bullet_circle.gifForwarded, September 26, 2008, 12:03 pm, WAUSAU, WIbullet_circle.gifProcessed, September 25, 2008, 8:05 am, MILWAUKEE, WI 53201bullet_circle.gifProcessed, September 24, 2008, 10:09 pm, MILWAUKEE, WI 53201bullet_circle.gifElectronic Shipping Info Received, September 23, 2008

PO says they are not sure where it is right now as it isn't in Oak Creek and it isn't in Wausau either, checked my PO today and my home delivery, is there a gremlin out there hiding it?

Wow, that sure makes a good argument for the need for DC#s, not that that's helping it get to you any quicker.

Joyce

Lisaizme, puffy still not here??????:think

here is current tracking info for those that can't understand our puzzlement

Processed, October 02, 2008, 5:48 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154bullet_circle.gifForwarded, October 01, 2008, 8:38 am, WAUSAU, WIbullet_circle.gifProcessed, September 29, 2008, 10:09 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154bullet_circle.gifForwarded, September 26, 2008, 12:03 pm, WAUSAU, WIbullet_circle.gifProcessed, September 25, 2008, 8:05 am, MILWAUKEE, WI 53201bullet_circle.gifProcessed, September 24, 2008, 10:09 pm, MILWAUKEE, WI 53201bullet_circle.gifElectronic Shipping Info Received, September 23, 2008

PO says they are not sure where it is right now as it isn't in Oak Creek and it isn't in Wausau either, checked my PO today and my home delivery, is there a gremlin out there hiding it?

Wow, that sure makes a good argument for the need for DC#s, not that that's helping it get to you any quicker.

Joyce

Actually it is really scary even to the postal workers :eekThey have their eyes open for this floating puffy. :think

I hope to get some crocheting done now. I hope to get at least two done today.

I suppose I should say I have only finished 2 squares so far. I just started a new job.. and started actually working before I expected to and hope to get some more done today with the many other things I've gotta do! :lol

:cheerevery square counts, so having 2 done is great after all we have the entire month.

:cheer

Does anyone have a pattern for a super easy square? I'm getting frustrated cuz I keep getting confused. I usually don't crochet squares. Any help would be really appreciated.

What pattern are you trying? You can always try the basic granny square. Please don't hesitate to shout for help, you're among a group of wonderfully helpful folks.

Joyce

Does anyone have a pattern for a super easy square? I'm getting frustrated cuz I keep getting confused. I usually don't crochet squares. Any help would be really appreciated.

I've tried some different ones for 8 inch squares, but my kids are always jabbering and I can't concentrate. lol! Can I modify the basic granny into an 8 inch square? Thanks for that pattern, thats actually one I can do.

What pattern are you trying? You can always try the basic granny square. Please don't hesitate to shout for help, you're among a group of wonderfully helpful folks.

Joyce

I've tried some different ones for 8 inch squares, but my kids are always jabbering and I can't concentrate. lol! Can I modify the basic granny into an 8 inch square? Thanks for that pattern, thats actually one I can do.

You sure can. Just add another row or two till you get to 8". If you need some help when you get to that point, just shout. :yes

You should be able to just add rounds to it to make it bigger. Just check your size as you go! I love simple grannies! :hook

Archived