FA Awareness square challenge-1005 squares enough for 16 afghans

angelfire

Cherri, I thought of your post today when I got Talking Crochet by Carol Alexander. She talks about how to care for wood hooks and I got to thinking that I ought to do what she suggests with my Jimbo hooks.

Joyce

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cherri, I thought of your post today when I got Talking Crochet by Carol Alexander. She talks about how to care for wood hooks and I got to thinking that I ought to do what she suggests with my Jimbo hooks.

Joyce

What does she suggest?

What does she suggest?

To clean them with wood oil and rub beeswax on them. I don't know if that'd make a difference or not. Was this your chophook? Or one of his other hooks?

Here's alink to the newsletter

Joyce

To clean them with wood oil and rub beeswax on them. I don't know if that'd make a difference or not. Was this your chophook? Or one of his other hooks?

Here's alink to the newsletter

Joyce

Thanks for the link. I'll read it. Not a chophook. It was one of the others. A size H with a thumb rest. It's my own stupid fault. I was trying to get it in a really tight stitch that I already weaved the end on and when I went to pull it out, I snapped the head right off. It happened because I'M AN IDIOT!! :yes:(. I shouldn't have done that.

:faint:hug
Thanks for the link. I'll read it. Not a chophook. It was one of the others. A size H with a thumb rest. It's my own stupid fault. I was trying to get it in a really tight stitch that I already weaved the end on and when I went to pull it out, I snapped the head right off. It happened because I'M AN IDIOT!! :yes:(. I shouldn't have done that.

YOU, Mah Chereeeee, are no idjit. I'm suspicious it was the idjit that made the hook. Lemme know and i'll slap the blockhead around a bit for you and send him back to the woodpile to find something stronger.

YOU, Mah Chereeeee, are no idjit. I'm suspicious it was the idjit that made the hook. Lemme know and i'll slap the blockhead around a bit for you and send him back to the woodpile to find something stronger.

Awww, Jimbo. :lol There was nothing at all wrong with that hook. I used it almost exclusively for almost 6 months and I just used it to death. :lol No, really, like I said before, it was my own stupid fault and I totally accept responsibility for my actions, however stupid. :lol I'm going to get another one soon from one of your auctions. But thank you for the offer. You're a sweetie-pie. :hug

That is not good but I hear that Jimbo hooks can go to a great hospital and they get fixed as good as new :clap

Guess what ladies, I managed to get one, yes one :blush square done so far. It took me a couple of days to make it, cause when I try to use my bum hand, I work it, till I fall asleep with the yarn and hook in hand. I guess my arms get too tired, from having to hold my work right up to my face to crochet (that darn neck brace is annoying). That's what I get for crocheting under the influence of medications. I will do as many as my hands will allow me to do, but I sure will cheer you all on during this challenge. Keep those hooks a movin' and lets get googles of squares over to Bonnie so she can bury Jimbo in the afghans. Boy would I love to see a picture of that!

Go Ladies go! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

My team of happy cheerleaders will be here constantly.... to support you, to keep your spirits up and to help keep your hooks running.

Good luck everyone!

Guess what ladies, I managed to get one, yes one :blush square done so far. It took me a couple of days to make it, cause when I try to use my bum hand, I work it, till I fall asleep with the yarn and hook in hand. I guess my arms get too tired, from having to hold my work right up to my face to crochet (that darn neck brace is annoying). That's what I get for crocheting under the influence of medications. I will do as many as my hands will allow me to do, but I sure will cheer you all on during this challenge. Keep those hooks a movin' and lets get googles of squares over to Bonnie so she can bury Jimbo in the afghans. Boy would I love to see a picture of that!

My team of happy cheerleaders will be here constantly.... to support you, to keep your spirits up and to help keep your hooks running.

Good luck everyone!

Yay Daisy!! :clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer Now that's what I call perseverance!!! Good for you (just be careful:yes). :hug:hug

bury Jimbo in the afghans. Boy would I love to see a picture of that!

Good luck everyone!

:manyheartlove your cheerleaders Daisy, keeping us cheerful and busy:manyheart

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

:c9:c9:c9

:cheer:cheerRight now we have enough to do 3 3/4 afghans. :cheer:cheer

total to date - 254

angelfire 15

coolhockeymom

jmccrochet 15

jessicagil 5

Cherri 39

jadyn05 10

Daisy 1

niqita 4

grannyannie 15

pineknott 24

kittyloverdeb

cshort 24

smith 6

grannytme

CrisKad 3

kwoolls

sissie44

dragonpuck 18

Brina 2

minnisoda 15

thepunkrockinchick 3

tris4crochet 3

almoreland

KellyA 8

wiz3283 9

barbarajames 4

christinaparrish 25

evelyn

spoildarmywife 5

:hiGood Morning everybody!!!!! :ghug My kitty, Dalamar, showed his love for me by bringing me a live mousey and letting it go right next to me. :eek It's a good thing I'm not afraid of them. :lol So, if I wasn't awake before, I AM NOW!! :rofl. Don't worry, I caught it and released it back into the wild. :lol

I hope everyone has a very happy and productive day!!!! :clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:2rock:2rock:dance:dance:party:party

:hiGood Morning everybody!!!!! :ghug My kitty, Dalamar, showed his love for me by bringing me a live mousey and letting it go right next to me. :eek

Yee gods what a start to the morning....

I have been a slacker, well not really, I have been finishing long overdue UFOs but a slacker in terms of squares done for FA...

I have 2 more done so my total is 5

I'm gonna work on some more after I work on another panel of my flannelghan.

I got my lucky 13 done so far.

I just recieved smoothfox's pattern in my email this morning :manyheart I can't wait to get started.

:cheer:cheerRight now we have enough to do 4 1/4 afghans. :cheer:cheer

total to date - 288

angelfire 15

coolhockeymom

jmccrochet 17

jessicagil 5

Cherri 45

jadyn05 10

Daisy 1

niqita 7

grannyannie 18

pineknott 24