FA Awareness square challenge-1005 squares enough for 16 afghans

angelfire

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hiGood morning everybody!!

Thanks to you guys for your encouragement. I'll be a lot better off when I accept that I'm not a super-woman. :blush:lol

Joyce, what the heck happened with the buttons & bows? :think Anything I can help with?

Ann, thanks for the link. I'm gonna try that one. :yes

I hope everybody has a pleasant, stress-free day. :ghug

Two sqs done yesterday for a total of 27 so far!

Cherri, you'll always be a superwoman in my book! :hugHope you're feeling better today!

For everyones info, the Awareness sq is really easy ONCE you get the hang of it! I had almost given up, but a persistant and patient 'viller (thank you thepunkrockinchick!) helped me figure it out! Round 4 got me every time :lol!

Have a wonderful day everyone!:cheer

th_FARAsqsday11.jpg

:hiGood morning everybody!!

Thanks to you guys for your encouragement. I'll be a lot better off when I accept that I'm not a super-woman. :blush:lol

Joyce, what the heck happened with the buttons & bows? :think Anything I can help with?

Ann, thanks for the link. I'm gonna try that one. :yes

I hope everybody has a pleasant, stress-free day. :ghug

I don't know if you can help or if I just need to practice, or if that yarn didn't want to be that square. First off the bows didn't look right after the round where you tack them down and second, after that row it feels like the square should be turned again (my DCs look different and have a definite right side and wrong side look). But the bows were REALLY what I was having trouble with. Is there a trick when you chain 12 and then slst them or when you tack them down?

And, yes, you're a superwoman to me too:hug

Joyce

I don't know if you can help or if I just need to practice, or if that yarn didn't want to be that square. First off the bows didn't look right after the round where you tack them down and second, after that row it feels like the square should be turned again (my DCs look different and have a definite right side and wrong side look). But the bows were REALLY what I was having trouble with. Is there a trick when you chain 12 and then slst them or when you tack them down?

And, yes, you're a superwoman to me too:hug

Joyce

Joyce, I don't know what you mean by turning. You only turn it at the end of round 3 to sl st back to the corner. Then you turn it back to the right side. That should be the only turn in the square. As far as the chain 12, I just make sure it's not twisted or anything and then when I pick it up on round 4, I put my hook through it in the last part of the dc (making sure the chain isn't twisted). After it's done, I pull on them a little to make them even. I hope this helps some. If not, let me know. :hug

You turn it at round three, slip stitch to corner and turn BACK around? I'll try that today and see if I can make that square, I really love the looks of it. Thanks Cherri

Joyce

Joyce, I don't know what you mean by turning. You only turn it at the end of round 3 to sl st back to the corner. Then you turn it back to the right side. That should be the only turn in the square. As far as the chain 12, I just make sure it's not twisted or anything and then when I pick it up on round 4, I put my hook through it in the last part of the dc (making sure the chain isn't twisted). After it's done, I pull on them a little to make them even. I hope this helps some. If not, let me know. :hug

I got the buttons and bows square down and made two of them. But I'm not done making squares today. Just have to go cook right now

Joyce

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:woo:woo:woo:woo:cheer:cheer

:hiHi again everybody! I managed to get 3 squares done today and now I have other stuff to do. I guess I was in a blue/white mood today. :) Btw, I tried the awareness square. :yes

th_FA12f.jpg

My total is now 61. I should make it to a whole 'ghan (63) tomorrow. :jumpyay

Have a great evening everyone! :ghug

How many Daisy squares have been made so far?

is anyone besides Cherri making them,?

i was thinking it would be cool to make 63 so there will be enough for a whole afghan, i can pull my pattern out and make some--

what do you guys think?

i was thinking it would be cool to make 63 so there will be enough for a whole afghan, i can pull my pattern out and make some--

what do you guys think?

I know that there is at least three people making daisy squares but the more the better just make whatever pattern looks good and they will all go in a nice blanket together

I'm making some, not as many as Cherri and Angelfire, but I'm working on one now.

Joyce

what do you guys think?

:hiHi again everybody! I managed to get 3 squares done today and now I have other stuff to do. I guess I was in a blue/white mood today. :) Btw, I tried the awareness square. :yes

th_FA12f.jpg

:cheer:clap:jumpyay:woo

Way to go!

Joyce

It looks like I may not make squares for a few days. I have been in the hospital since 5am due to a severe galstone attack. Since it is not infected they won't do surgery to get the thing removed so I can go on pain free.... oh no I must suffer. When I am sure the pain wont return more then it is I'll work on more.

It looks like I may not make squares for a few days. I have been in the hospital since 5am due to a severe galstone attack. Since it is not infected they won't do surgery to get the thing removed so I can go on pain free.... oh no I must suffer. When I am sure the pain wont return more then it is I'll work on more.

Oh, Jessica, take care of yourself.

Joyce

Geesh, Jessica! :eek I'm sorry you're in pain. :( I hope you feel better soon. :yesI'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:hug:hug

th_FA12f.jpg

:cheerMore beautiful squares!!! :cheer I love the one on the right!:clap

:hugHope you're feeling better soon! :hug

I got 6 squares done today for a total of 29 so far. Here is a picture of this week's squares (18 in all). The only picture I've not taken is of last Sunday's two squares.

th_DSCF0876.jpg

Joyce

:hiGood morning everybody!!! What a glorious fall day here in good old Central New York! The leaves are falling :autumn... there's a bite in the air :wbrr... the chipmunks are trying to get in out of the cold...:mouse (I know it's a mouse, use your imagination!:lol). Anyway...

Joyce, your squares are beautiful. :clap:cheer:clap:cheer:manyheart:c9

Jessica, I hope you're feeling better. :hug:hug

I hope you all have a Happy Day! :yes:ghug:flower:sun:cat

Jessica, I am sorry you are suffering with gallstones. I know the pain of gall stones, I had my gall bladder out when I was 25. I hope you feel better soon.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

total to date - 487

enough for 7 1/2 afghans

angelfire 20

coolhockeymom 8

jmccrochet 29

jessicagil 6

Cherri 66

jadyn05 10

Daisy 1

niqita 10

grannyannie 30

pineknott 40

kittyloverdeb 7

cshort 41

smith 13

grannytme 25

CrisKad 3

kwoolls 10

sissie44 11

dragonpuck 24

Brina 9

minnisoda 30

thepunkrockinchick 3

tris4crochet 13

almoreland

KellyA 8

wiz3283 11

barbarajames 4

christinaparrish 28

evelyn 7

spoildarmywife 11

missykgirl08

tracyleigh 9

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

:cheerGood Morning Everyone! :cheer

I got 3 more squares done yesterday bringing my total to 30 now. I made the Buttons & Bows sq, but it isn't as pretty as your's Cherri :no. My pics didn't come out very good either, :lol.

Joyce, your squares are beautiful! :clap

Jessica, hope you're feeling better! :hug

Cherri, we actually do have a red squirrel trying to move into our attic! :lol (along with several mice!)

Have a wonderful day! :cheer

th_FARAsqsday12.jpgday 12

Archived