FA Awareness square challenge-1005 squares enough for 16 afghans

angelfire

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheerHi Everybody! :cheer I'm having a fantastic day! :cheer Since I've been feeling so poorly lately DH decided to take me to Michael's hoping it would make me feel better!:lol I'd better get out of my crocheting slump because I now have almost $200 worth of yarn in my house! :eek I was trying to be good. I only had a few skeins in the basket when he came over and asked me why it wasn't overflowing! That's when I noticed CSS on sale! Well, a girl has to do her best to make her husband happy! :D:lol I couldn't have fit another skein in if I tried!:lol. He even picked up a couple of books for me and surprised me with the latest Crochet World!:yes I wonder if a test result came back that I don't know about? :think:lol

Anyway, I got my act together enough to make 2 squares last night! (plus 2 I had promised for a comfortghan!), so my total is now at 32! Slow, but sure, I'm getting there! Have a great evening everyone! I've got a lot of :crocheting to do!

th_FARAsqsday13.jpg day 13

Pretty squares, Ann. What a sweet hubby you have. :manyheart That's very thoughtful of him... and enabling! :lol

I got 8 now. I got a bunch of stuff done while Time Warner was totally out of commission last night. :eek No tv, phone, or internet lets you crochet. :crocheting:hook

It's amazing what we get done when there's now tv! :lol BTW, how are you feeling? Better, I hope! :hug

Hello Ladies, everyone is doing a great job

You are all amazing, this time of year there are so many crocht responsibilites and I am so happy you are willing to help.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

total to date 536

enough for 81/3 afghans

angelfire 22

coolhockeymom 9

jmccrochet 32

jessicagil 8

Cherri 71

jadyn05 10

Daisy 1

niqita 10

grannyannie 35

pineknott 40

kittyloverdeb 7

cshort 57

smith 15

grannytme 25

CrisKad 3

kwoolls 10

sissie44 11

dragonpuck 24

Brina 9

minnisoda 40

thepunkrockinchick 5

tris4crochet 13

almoreland

KellyA 8

wiz3283 11

barbarajames 4

christinaparrish 30

evelyn 7

spoildarmywife 11

missykgirl08

tracyleigh 9

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good Morning! I got 3 more done yesterday, that makes 35 now! :cheer

Jessica, I'm so happy that you're feeling better!

Bonnie, how are you doing? Taking it easy I hope!!! No lifting!;):hug

th_FARAsqsday14.jpg day 14

Jessica, I agree it is great that you are doing better, I hope the pain stays gone until after the holidays and they can do something to make it go permanently.

Ann, your squares are great, I love the heart and I also plan on making some in the surf and turf colors.

I am trying to get a square done each day, but that is as far as I can go.

I did one for Charity Blitz and one for a comfortghan also as I am trying to help those that help me. I haven't been able to do any rectangles as I need to concentrate on squares here and that is what is my goal for this month.

AMAZIN, YOU GUYS ARE JUST AMAZIN!!

Been busy getting ready for the auction... so many incredible things donated by you guys that we're looking to stock the Seattle meeting in March and maybe have leftovers for the auction here next year.

Just absolutely AMAZIN!!!

Thank YOU!!

Jimbo

:hiHi everybody! I'm getting a late start today so I probably won't post my stuff till tomorrow. :yes

Ann, pretty squares. Love the heart. :manyheart

Bonnie, take it easy. Don't overdo! :hug

Jimbo, looking forward to hearing about the auction. :clap

Have a great day, everyone! :ghug

Dragonpuck, those are great squares,

I have started doing some Daisy squares with crayon varigated and then using primary colors on the outside round, hubby thinks they look like building blocks and he thinks I need to make an entire afghan, I told him I might get 5 done by the end and that I would buy some more yarn and get enough done for an afghan before sending.

9 more done-

i think that makes 27

th_pictures124.jpg

Beautiful squares Lynn! Now I have to look for that pattern, too. :lol

I have started doing some Daisy squares with crayon varigated and then using primary colors on the outside round, hubby thinks they look like building blocks and he thinks I need to make an entire afghan, I told him I might get 5 done by the end and that I would buy some more yarn and get enough done for an afghan before sending.

Bonnie, I think I have that yarn. Is it RH Mexicana? If so, I can make some daisys too. I was thinking of it anyway (you must be a telepath) :lol. Are you using a white background? I'll start on them today. :yes:clap

Bonnie, I think I have that yarn. Is it RH Mexicana? If so, I can make some daisys too. I was thinking of it anyway (you must be a telepath) :lol. Are you using a white background? I'll start on them today. :yes:clap

yes using a white background.:c9

yes using a white background.:c9

I have another question. :blush Are you using all the different primary colors for the centers too, or just yellow? I just want mine to go well with yours so I want to make sure to get them right. :yes:) This is so much fun! :jumpyay

I love that pattern too. I found it free. Here's the link http://promotions.drgnetwork.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/pages/TCNL1306_patt.html I haven't tried it but it looks beautiful. It's called Vintage Lace Square by Carol Alexander

thanks

i will book mark that- people are always asking about it, and i hate to tell them its in a book:ohdear

I love that pattern too. I found it free. Here's the link http://promotions.drgnetwork.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/pages/TCNL1306_patt.html I haven't tried it but it looks beautiful. It's called Vintage Lace Square by Carol Alexander

Now this is too funny!!! :rofl Here I am asking where to find the pattern and now that I see the link, I already have it and actually made it when I had the hook for Traveling Hook III. :rofl:rofl:rofl Here's a pic of my square from before:

th_P5130016.jpg

Now I'm starting to scare myself!! :eek Must be that mad cow thing again! :rofl:rofl

Thanks for the link.

Now this is too funny!!! :rofl Here I am asking where to find the pattern and now that I see the link, I already have it and actually made it when I had the hook for Traveling Hook III. :rofl:rofl:rofl Here's a pic of my square from before:

th_P5130016.jpg

Now I'm starting to scare myself!! :eek Must be that mad cow thing again! :rofl:rofl

:haha:laughroll

Joyce

th_P5130016.jpg

it's always amazing to me how different things look when done in different colors--- i never knew it was a freebee- i got the POD and then found the book at the thrift store- the afghan( in the book) and pattern are named differently which may be why

never the less it is GREAT for contrasting solids - i did make a baby blanket out of a varigated and white- it gets peaks and valleys when it gets bigger

http://picasaweb.google.com/dragonpuck/BabyBlankets#5021758217937800162

http://picasaweb.google.com/dragonpuck/BabyBlankets#5021758243707603954

Archived