Haekelbeutel (Crochet Bag) CAL, Anyone???

I think you can always test the acrylic and see how you like it. That's the great thing about this pattern, it is very customizable.

Joyce

Thanks Joyce. I'll try one square with the white and see how it looks. I hope it works out cause I want to use this bag for work. :)

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessicagil, its the Solid Square pattern from Jan Eaton's "200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans'. Of course, hers looks much nicer :lol I did the first 5 rounds only, then skipped to the border.

I posted the picture of my bag a while ago, but it has taken my this long to finally get my lining done! It took me so long as I had to sew it all by hand and I was a bit nervous about doing it, but I think it came out good! :clap I used an extra pillow case I had on hand as the material. Thanks for checking it out.

th_purselining.jpg

th_purse1.jpg

(Clicky pics)

I am nearly finished with a second bag. This time I used bamboo rings that I'll attach the handles to and the way the bag came together the rings are in the valleys not the peaks. i've lined it, just need to make the straps.

Joyce

I am nearly finished with a second bag. This time I used bamboo rings that I'll attach the handles to and the way the bag came together the rings are in the valleys not the peaks. i've lined it, just need to make the straps.

Joyce

I'm looking forward to seeing how you used the rings! :cheer

OK, here is my latest purse. I still don't have the sewing thing perfected. My only complaint about this one is that I think it's a bit small for me for every day use. The next one I make (after I start an afghan) will probably be felted.

th_DSCF0716.jpg

th_DSCF0712.jpg (clicky)

Here's my progress so far. 1 strip and a single square

small_58486.jpg

And a close up on the single square:

small_58485.jpg

I've also got one more square nearly completed. The colors in the pic seem about right. I don't know the exact color name, but I've been using a cone of Peaches and Cream I had. I'm really liking how it's turning out, plus by attaching and dealing with ends as I go, I won't end up with a bunch of random squares never to be used...lol :hook

I posted the picture of my bag a while ago, but it has taken my this long to finally get my lining done! It took me so long as I had to sew it all by hand and I was a bit nervous about doing it, but I think it came out good! :clap I used an extra pillow case I had on hand as the material. Thanks for checking it out.

th_purselining.jpg

th_purse1.jpg

(Clicky pics)

Your purse looks good and thanks for the idea of using a pillow case. :)

OK, here is my latest purse. I still don't have the sewing thing perfected. My only complaint about this one is that I think it's a bit small for me for every day use. The next one I make (after I start an afghan) will probably be felted.

th_DSCF0716.jpg

th_DSCF0712.jpg (clicky)

I like the colors you used. And I like the way you did your handles. It makes your bag unique. Is the straps croched too?

small_58486.jpg

small_58485.jpg

I've also got one more square nearly completed. The colors in the pic seem about right. I don't know the exact color name, but I've been using a cone of Peaches and Cream I had. I'm really liking how it's turning out, plus by attaching and dealing with ends as I go, I won't end up with a bunch of random squares never to be used...lol :hook

Your squares are nice. I like the colors. Can't wait to see it finished. :)

[

I like the colors you used. And I like the way you did your handles. It makes your bag unique. Is the straps croched too?

Yes, the straps are crocheted. Six rows.

Joyce

Thanks! As for the rings, well, I had intended for them to be at the points, but didn't lay them out right so they're in the dips.

Joyce

Great colors!

And I would have never thought to use the rings like that!

:clap

:yay I've got 8 squares done...hope to finish the others this week and get it all put together this weekend! I've only made a square or two here and there before this project, and was about to write off doing squares, as I could never get any two to turn out the same. But I'm having excellent luck with these....just needed more practice, I guess :)

th_DSCF0716.jpg

th_DSCF0712.jpg (clicky)

very nice, was it hard to line? I haven't done lining before

tena

small_58486.jpg

small_58485.jpg

I love the yarn!

tena

Thanks Tena. It wasn't hard, really, but i'm still trying to perfect getting hte lining to sit right at the points. I've noticed in my other bag, the points aren't lined and those squares are getting a bit stretchy.

Joyce

very nice, was it hard to line? I haven't done lining before

tena

Question.....I am working on my 2nd bag and was wondering how everyone is sewing the lining in. My last one I hand sewed the lining just below the "points". I would like to line them too on this one, how do you put a lining in with a sewing machine? does it leave marks on the crochet? Thanks in advance!

Great work everyone!!!!

This time around I followed CrisKad's method and laid my bag out on newspaper (instead of fabric) and cut a template like a pattern. Then I used that to cut out my material, keeping the bottom closed so I would only have the sides to seam. Then, I sewed up the sides, put the bag and lining wrong sides facing and zipped around the bag. I haven't had a problem with the machine sewing messing up the crochet, but I did break a needle on my first bag so GO SLOW. Any other tips out there from anyone?

Joyce

Question.....I am working on my 2nd bag and was wondering how everyone is sewing the lining in. My last one I hand sewed the lining just below the "points". I would like to line them too on this one, how do you put a lining in with a sewing machine? does it leave marks on the crochet? Thanks in advance!

Great work everyone!!!!

Archived