Haekelbeutel (Crochet Bag) CAL, Anyone???

Thanks everyone! I got it done last night but I haven't taken pictures. I used my skull fabric to line it.

@Schmetterling I used Simply Soft in black for the edging. I use Simply Soft Heather in Dark Teal for the first 3 rounds of each square & the main part of the handles. The square is one I cam up with in which I plan on writing up the pattern for soon on my site. All the info is at my ravelry for this project here.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks more like taupes/browns than black and teal here.

Joyce

Thanks everyone! I got it done last night but I haven't taken pictures. I used my skull fabric to line it.

@Schmetterling I used Simply Soft in black for the edging. I use Simply Soft Heather in Dark Teal for the first 3 rounds of each square & the main part of the handles. The square is one I cam up with in which I plan on writing up the pattern for soon on my site. All the info is at my ravelry for this project here.

Thanks, but I'm confused. Black & teal? This tote looks like variations of creams and browns. They look so beautiful together I was wondering which colorways you used of which yarn. Not all go together so perfectly as this!

I started on another one last night & got it all done but the handles & odds/ends.

2699310101_bdb2c1d04b_m.jpg

clickable

Yep I see that! I dunno why except I had the flash on. The simply soft black does look brown in a certain light. But according to the label those are the colors. I will try to take a picture tomorrow outside & see how the lighting is.

It looks more like taupes/browns than black and teal here.

Joyce

Thanks, but I'm confused. Black & teal? This tote looks like variations of creams and browns. They look so beautiful together I was wondering which colorways you used of which yarn. Not all go together so perfectly as this!

If you look on the first or second page of this thread, Tristi provided me with a diagram that helped alot

Joyce

:( Hi, I got my squares done now I need some to either tell me or send me a link in how to put them together, I need the pattern to put it together PLEASE, HELPPPPP.

Mine is almost finished....have to weave in the last couple of ends, and take a pic or two :D My mom helped me sew the straps on, and she insists that I should line it. :blush I may bite the bullet and go for it - I'm sure knowing how to sew it in would come in handy sooner or later. Planning on tackling that this weekend....maybe.

Also want to say THANKS, TRISTI!! :hug for starting this CAL...its the first bag I've ever made, and I thought it was SO much fun to make! I think this pattern is great also because the possibilities are endless. I'm already planning on making another one!

Will post pics tonight :D

Can't wait to see your pics

Joyce

Thanks, got the pattern and now I can get it together, after I clean the house and then I can relax and do it. I will take pics of it. Thanks again

Also want to say THANKS, TRISTI!! :hug for starting this CAL...its the first bag I've ever made, and I thought it was SO much fun to make! I think this pattern is great also because the possibilities are endless. I'm already planning on making another one!

Will post pics tonight :D

You are very welcome, although I can't say it was a hardship. I :manyheart this bag and am committed to making a total of at least 23 for family for Christmas gifts. I have colors all picked out just need to make squares. I keep making bags and coming up with new ideas for ones for me (shhh! )

Anyway glad you all are enjoying this CAL, I am having a blast!

Here it is all finished! The pictures are clickable.

2711036011_25629e221e_m.jpg 2711043235_513e4aa7c6_m.jpg

And I hope this picture will display the true colors of the bag...

2711846526_2e03583588_m.jpg

The pattern for the square I came up with for this is located on my site.

The last pix looks all black but if you look close to the one which shows the lining (BTW CUTE!) you can see the teal and black.... can't believe they are the same bag really

Looks good!;)

Finally finished! :D Just need to line it (IF I can make myself do it....just sewing on the straps was enough sewing for me!)

This was alot of fun to make! It was the first time I'd really done anything with squares, and joining them with SC's wasn't so bad.

th_100_0078.jpg

Finally finished! :D Just need to line it (IF I can make myself do it....just sewing on the straps was enough sewing for me!)

This was alot of fun to make! It was the first time I'd really done anything with squares, and joining them with SC's wasn't so bad.

th_100_0078.jpg

Looks great! Great Job! ... are you addicted?

Here's mine - I used 12 squares for this one.

DSC01859-1.jpg

I like the colors of your bag. :) And I like the way you did the handles in the solid color. :yes

th_100_0078.jpg

Your bag is very pretty. I like that color of blue. (?) This bag is addicting. :lol:yes

I've been reading all the posts and everyone's bags are so pretty. I'm almost done with the 2nd one I'm making. I'm still using the basic square pattern but this time I added two more rows making the squares 5 3/4 inches at 6 rows and a G hook. I only made 12 squares but I like the size of this one. It's the perfect size to use for when I start working any day now. And I'm already thinking of the next one I want to make. I really like this pattern. It's the perfect pattern to take along and work on when you have a free time. I'll be going back to it when I get off the computer. I want to start the straps tomorrow and finish it, minus the linning. That'll have to wait untill I have money to go get material for it. I'm already liking it better than the 1st one I made and am using. :lol

:D I think I AM addicted! Sadly enough, I don't have a NEED for them, but I'm sure I can find something to do with them :lol I used cotton on my last one but am thinking of using acrylic this time, maybe make it a little more colorful. Then I also liked the look of the solid white one someone had posted earlier. And, I also really liked the red colors on Msmusic's bag. :( SOOO many choices! What's a crochet junkie to DO?!

wow lena that looks great!! is that cotton or ww acrylic? the colors look really nice together.

Mellybelly and msmusic, I love your bags too!!

I think when i finish my funky colors one, i will do a couple more for gifts. i really liked the lime, blue and cream colors together, and will probably do one in just those three. also got some more cotton yarn from joanns sale last week...got lime stripes, lime & purple stripes, rose, and brown colors to add to my collection - the possibilities are endless!!!!

Archived