Another Serefina (Deja Vu Too)

LissaKay

My Serefina Shawl

Once I got the hang of it, it was really easy. There are some errors in the pattern* that caused me some set-backs, but once I figured it out this whizzed right along. Yes, I know it is just like The Dude's ... we had the same idea at the same time, he just got started first!

*The end of Row 5 does not specify making the V-stitch at the end of the row. Just do it like on all other rows. The beginning, middle-point and end of each row will follow the increase sequence (extra dc in ch1 sp until there are 7 dc, then start a v-stitch-to-shell sequence in the 4th dc), the rest is 3dc shell, 3dc shell, and so on.

I also have posted some yarn buys (I am Out. Of. Control!!!) and a WIP shrug in my photo journal, In Stitches.

GORGEOUS!!! And I knew there should be a V-stitch at the end of every row!!! Thanx for clarifying that fact.

Once I got the hang of it, it was really easy. There are some errors in the pattern* that caused me some set-backs, but once I figured it out this whizzed right along.

Oh I know, that set me to froggin. The ebding v-st, the ch 1 before shells...but once you get it, it's great isn't it! Love yours, very pretty!!

I guess we were all doing the same thing, huh?! :rofl

Thanks so much for verifying the missing V-stitch.

Talk about :thair

Yours is gorgeous!!! It doesn't look the same as Drew's ;)

I'm working my first one in RH, just to get a feel for the pattern.

Now that I've gotten past row 5, I realize that RH Super Saver (or at least this color/lot) is not a good choice for the beauty of the shawl.

So, I know I'll be yarn shopping again.

How many ounces is that Joann's yarn that you used?

Oh I know, that set me to froggin. The ebding v-st, the ch 1 before shells...but once you get it, it's great isn't it! Love yours, very pretty!!

Just so ya know - I didn't keep doing the ch-1 before and after each shell and it's turning out just fine. It was just one more thing to keep track of, and mine looks fine, so I don't think it's entirely necessary.

How many ounces is that Joann's yarn that you used?

One skein has 11 oz. It's monstrous. When you take the band off it's bigger than a basketball.

Thanks all ...

It took about half of the giganamous Joann's Sensations Rainbow Boucle for the shawl. I am looking for a hat pattern I like to do to match it now. That yarn is a beeotch to work with ... you have to go entirely by feel to find the stitches on the row below because all you can see is fuzz. It snags easily and is difficult to frog.

I think I like chenille a whole lot better ...

That is absolutely gorgeous. I love how the extended color change in the yarn really adds to the look of the shawl. Did you use 2 strands held together like the pattern says? Props to you, girl!

Tandi

>>That yarn is a beeotch to work with ... you have to go entirely by feel to find the stitches on the row below because all you can see is fuzz. It snags easily and is difficult to frog.<<

I find that Susan Bates hooks work much better with boucle yarn than the Boye, because they don't catch on the yarn near as much.

Beautiful, I started the shawl with a mohair yarn but the joanns sure has a much better look to it. Hope to check out the nearest Joanns tomorrow and see if they carry the rainbow boucle for myself.

Mary:cheer

Ha! I, too, made the Serafina shawl using the black Jo-Ann's rainbow! Sadly, no picture, tho'. I made it in the car on the way to my dad's and gave it to my stepmom when we got there. She loved it. I used 3/4 of the skein. It was a good 32 inches long at the middle. She's about a size 1X-2X and it was perfect.

I had a heck of a time with the yarn tangling up, it was awful. I debated whether to continue the ch1 before and after each shell, finally put it in. It was a little wider towards the bottom, but for her size it worked out okay. For a smaller person, I would probably leave that out.

Susan Rae

Absolutely stunning Seraphina in this yarn. I love it.

Your photo journal looks great too! omg, what great yarn buys you have had!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived