You know you are a crocheter when. . . . .

LOL these are so good :hook

You know you're a crocheter when:

* your teenager comes to you, pauses... & asks ...."are you counting?...:lol

*your dh knows how to get his wife excited. :dreaming He can say "Honey, want to go to Hobby Lobby?" :c9

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your very wonderful, awesomely supportive SO contacts people on freecycle who are offering yarn, before telling you :) Sadly, it was already gone :(

When you are looking forward to long rides to anywhere, it don't matter what it it is - road trips, buses, train, or subway. Always have something in hand for those rides. SO heavenly for an urban commuter like me. :P

When you are looking forward to long rides to anywhere, it don't matter what it it is - road trips, buses, train, or subway. Always have something in hand for those rides. SO heavenly for an urban commuter like me. :P

I thankfully don't have a long commute. But I'm going to an event tomorrow and need to be there early. So I'm looking at, oh at least 2 hours of downtime just waiting (to try and get a decent seat). However, I won't be bringing any crochet items with. I'm not sure if security will let me have my hooks and scissors. So a book it is instead.

I have three....

You know you're a crocheter if you've ever fallen asleep whilst crocheting in bed and woken up in a coccoon.

And

A gentleman friend seeks to impress you by buying you a box of chocolate Kid Mohair. (Not kidding :2blush )

And

you choose which movie to watch by how much attention to the plot it requires versus the pattern you're working on.

Manda

You know you're a crocheter when 2 hooks in your hair and a safety pin in your pantleg means you were having some quiet time by yourself.

I have three....

A gentleman friend seeks to impress you by buying you a box of chocolate Kid Mohair. (Not kidding :2blush

Manda

I'm impressed and I didn't even get the yarn! :manyheart Tell me, did it work?;)

So true!!! :rofl

You must either be wearing yarn or have a WIP on your person (for spontaneous looking, touching, working) or you feel nekkid and exposed like a toddler without their blankie.

That's a hook behind your ear, not a pen.

You know you are a crocheter...

...if you have ever made your spouse wait in the car so that you can fetch a project to take with you.

....if you keep a small project in your purse with you at all times...

....if you look a friends babies/children/pets and make a mental note as to what to make the friend for their birthday/Christmas...

....If your desk at work is covered with as much yarn as with your paperwork...or more...

...if you are physically, emotionally and mentally uncapable of leaving the house without something to work on! :D:lol:yes:crocheting

You know you are a crocheter when ... my husband ask, are you crocheting in dark? I said no I was flossing my teeth.

:lol

This one struck me as really really funny.

I'm a bit envious that you can actually crochet in the dark.

When you wake up 30 minutes early in the morning to crochet on one of your WIP before it's time to shower, dress & go to work!

This is just too dangerous for me to do. I end up not stopping and being late.

Quote: Your friends are confused when you show up for something WITHOUT your crocheting.

This is SO me. I don't carry a pocketbook, I put my wallet/keys/etc. in my "knitty Ditty" bag (yarn tote) :lol.

Ellie 13

......you pick out what to wear for the day based on whether or not it's comfortable to crochet in!

If there ever was a truer word spoken, lol!!!!!:lol :lol :lol

when your 3 year old can look at a partially finished project and tell you what it is and who it's for.

also when your 3 yr old requests certain toys to be made out of "iron" (her word for yarn)

if family and friends ask you where your work is in when you are upset because they know it takes you to a happy place :yes

NiYa :yarn

When going on a car trip your SO, DH, or BF doesn't ask you if you have your suitcase, to ensure a nice trip, but asks you if you brought your crochet bag.

You keep track of your crochet supplies better than your wardrobe.

Your yarn, hooks, and thread are in order, but errr, other things aren't.

You know your stash better than what's in your pantry.

You can wait to brush your hair, but you just must untangle this one skein.

Shall I keep going?

.. you care far more about whether the bag you are carrying contains a project than you do about whether it matches your outfit.

.. you get really confused when people are talking about handbags and yarn totes as if they are two different things.

......you pick out what to wear for the day based on whether or not it's comfortable to crochet in!

ahah! Now this one is good! it's so true!

when your child is hurt, and you stop home to pick up your crochet bag on the way to the ER. (BTDT)

:manyheart

When your kid's tell you to take a crochet break!!

When your husband tell's you, that we don't need to have a debate over that afghan in that movie. He tell's you he doesn't care what it was. I'm still trying to figure out if that was a Gaint Granny afghan in the movie "Next". LOL Cause it sure looked like one. LOL

And my favorite is: Hubby tell's me the plot is to deep for that project. You need to get the other one.

Do you all ever get to crochet and not know what is going on in a movie? I know I have.

Archived