You know you are a crocheter when. . . . .

I thought of another one...

The rest of the house is a sty, but you've taken several hours out of your busy day to rearrange your crochet books, patterns, supplies, etc. because that's just WAY more important than a little dusting...<LOL>

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When, while crocheting in a doctor's waiting room, a stranger tells you she would NEVER try the stitch I was doing. :huh It was my first project. I didn't know it was a very complicated shell and that I shouldn't have been able to do it. The power of the human brain!

...when waiting for the parade to start, you work on a baby sweater and get a lot of nice compliments.

It made my day.

:manyheart

I :crocheting while waiting for the parade and fireworks (if I had a lighted hook, I would've kept :crocheting).

Ellie 13

You get so excited to see a fellow fiber artist (a knitter, but hey, it's cool to see people knitting or crocheting in public) at your local 4th of July fireworks that you whip out the ball of yarn you've been carrying for a week in your purse and start crocheting in the near-dark while talking to her.

... when you always carry a ball of yarn and a hook around, just in case you get some time to crochet. Kind of like being a boyscout. always prepared!

:manyheart

Don't know if anyone said this but.... When you have enough yarn for 20 crocheters. there's two totes under the bed couple under full in your closet, a basket full next to you bed and one next to your favorite chair!

You're a crocheter when you check out the clearance tote bag at JoAnn's and it clearly says it's for scrapbooking. But the pen slots will perfectly hold hooks and the pouches will hold scissors and stitch markers and it's large enough to hold pattern books without smushing them and it has shoulder straps, too! Best of all-it was only $2.00! I have developed an addiction to tote bags. Is there a therapy group for that?

I have developed an addiction to tote bags. Is there a therapy group for that?

I certainly hope not! I suffer from the same malady, and hope there is NO cure!

Speaking of Tote Bags...

You know you're a crocheter when you're listening to the fund drive on your local NPR station and are SERIOUSLY considering the donation of $150, so that you can get that free tote bag!

At school, each time I reach for something in my school bag without a failure. It's a crochet hook instead of the pen! I swear it's unconscious.

I grab my small project, usually a square while my computer download a driver update or whatever it's needed for my lab assignment.

(I go to school to study network technical support - computer IT field)

you know you are a crocheter when you are watching a film and the main character gets shot and all you can think of is ....Darn! How will they repair the hole in that sweater?

I must be too far gone because EVERYTHING in this thread seems reasonable to me!:blush

....when you are at the book store and feel slighted because there isn't a "Chicken Soup for the Crochet Lover's Soul"....

and yet there IS one for the "American Idol Soul"???? GO FIGURE! (No offense Ryan Seacrest or the fans!):D

Oh, I so resemble these remarks. :lol I was at my mother-in-law's for the 4th of July and pulled out my latest WIP and my sister-in-law looks at me and asks "Do you ever finish anything?"

I told her this is a gift and I have to finish it. It's all the things I start for myself that never get finished (they always get put down to work on gifts).

Archived