counted94

You know you are a crocheter when. . . . .

I have another one...you are shopping at Wal-Mart and you pass the Juniors section. You see several crocheted tops that are all the rage right now with teenagers. YOu loudly declare to anyone who's listening, "Why on earth would you BUY something like that if you can just as easily make it at home, with much nicer yarn???" Of course, the shoppers all give you a wide berth after that <LOL>.

That's been me with the cute crochet bags. "I could make that, why should I spend $20 to buy it!"

IM SOOOOOOOO a crocheter.. AND im addicted to yarn!!! lol

ive bought about 100balls of yarn in the last month..

well im actually addicted to fairy floss yarn...lol i luv it

dont mean to sound dumb but what is fairy floss yarn? it sounds delectable? what do you use it for?:think

Just last week I rescued a crocheted baby blanket put out before trash day. Over the last couple of years I've must have rescued at least a 1/2 dozen crocheted things. Sometimes I wash and frog them just for the yarn.

Ellie 13

When I am on duty behind the front desk, and the long-term guests come in for something, and they (even the men!) say, "No, no! Don't rush! I'm not in a hurry, wait till you get to the end of that row!" :blush EVERYBODY around here knows that I'm a crochet addict! :lol

What is fairy floss yarn? It sounds intriguing! And if I can add it to my stash, that makes it even MORE intriguing! :lol

you go pick up your sewing mess basket from christmas you stuffed in the closet to find more yarn you didn't know you had:eek

When you get up at 4:30 in the morning to help the hubby pack his lunch for work, and stay up so you get a couple of quiet hours for crochet before the kids rise and shine.

What is fairy floss yarn? It sounds intriguing! And if I can add it to my stash, that makes it even MORE intriguing! :lol

fairy floss yarn is a soft fluffy yarn, works up quickly and soooo soft..

im in australia and i purchase it from Lincraft

www.lincraft.com.au

i dont know if lincraft has a different name in other countries but it can be purchased online.

crochet001.jpg

Edited by abc-dee
adding pic

Ahhhhhh!!!! The "fairy floss" looks EXACTLY like the chenille that I bought 120 skeins of from ThreadArt a couple of years ago! If it IS the same type of yarn, it's the SOFTEST yarn I've ever felt! And you're right, it does work up quickly! I have never been able to find any more, and the ThreadArt company doesn't seem to be selling it any more. I did have some trouble with the skeins I bought, a lot of them just had the yarn all balled up in the centers of the skeins, and some of it wasn't even attached to the rest of the skein, but OH MY GOODNESS was it lovely and soft!!! I wonder how much it would cost to have some shipped here from Australia? I am going to check out the link you provided to see if it would be cost-prohibitive, and maybe I can get some! I like that it's solid colors, because all of the yarn I bought from ThreadArt (it was via an eBay auction) was variegated, and they were lovely colors, but I would have liked to have some solids as well. Keep your fingers crossed that I can swing some kind of a deal with them, and thanks for the info! :)

Dee, the yarns look so interesting! (Adding the yarn to my stash list) :yarn :yarn :yarn

I also look through free projects, lots of neat craft projects!

Edited by tahlara

Ahhhhhh!!!! The "fairy floss" looks EXACTLY like the chenille that I bought 120 skeins of from ThreadArt a couple of years ago! If it IS the same type of yarn, it's the SOFTEST yarn I've ever felt! And you're right, it does work up quickly! I have never been able to find any more, and the ThreadArt company doesn't seem to be selling it any more. I did have some trouble with the skeins I bought, a lot of them just had the yarn all balled up in the centers of the skeins, and some of it wasn't even attached to the rest of the skein, but OH MY GOODNESS was it lovely and soft!!! I wonder how much it would cost to have some shipped here from Australia? I am going to check out the link you provided to see if it would be cost-prohibitive, and maybe I can get some! I like that it's solid colors, because all of the yarn I bought from ThreadArt (it was via an eBay auction) was variegated, and they were lovely colors, but I would have liked to have some solids as well. Keep your fingers crossed that I can swing some kind of a deal with them, and thanks for the info! :)

Elle, i know that the lincraft stores here will post items to customers if they are unable to get to the store.. and fairy floss is $1.99AU per skein, 50gram skeins. i have a great relationship with the manager of my local store.. maybe i can help get my local store to help you out if you find it cost effective

You know you're a crocheter when...

Your LYS has cotton yarn for $1 and you buy 38 skeins. Because they were only $1, and so pretty! And great for kitchen items (and maybe that fat bottom bag you've been wanting to make).

You go to your LYS for one thing and walk out with 30 skeins of novelty yarn because they were only $1, and pretty. Never mind you don't know what you'll do with them. They were only $1! And did I mention pretty? Then, after the stop at that store, that same weekend you go to another LYS and see they also have novelty yarns for $1, different ones than the first one. So now you have 40 skeins of novelty yarns. But still aren't sure what's going to be done with them :lol

The last time I did that, it was Ben Franklin's first. I spent like $28 there. Then I went to Big Lots, and spent $34. Then I had to make a stop at a Wal-Mart for something I can't find here anywhere else...and walked out with $20 more in yarn. *sigh* I'd like to say that's my only addiction, but I'd be lying. I'm just as addicted to med kits. ****

Blessed Be

...when your heart starts pounding excitedly when you stop by the yarn department and see "SALE" signs.

The last time I did that, it was Ben Franklin's first. I spent like $28 there. Then I went to Big Lots, and spent $34. Then I had to make a stop at a Wal-Mart for something I can't find here anywhere else...and walked out with $20 more in yarn. *sigh* I'd like to say that's my only addiction, but I'd be lying. I'm just as addicted to med kits. ****

Blessed Be

Here's the bad part about this. I have 38 skeins of Sugar n Cream now. There's a few multiple colors (red for Christmas stuff, purple 'cause it's my favorite color), but on average there's one skein of everything I decided I wanted. A friend just bought a house with her fiance and they're getting married this fall. I got the bright idea Friday to make her hotpads as a house warming/wedding gift. I was waiting to hear from someone else regarding colors, so I didn't have anything in mind when I went shopping. I ended up doing two bright/fun ones and I'm doing two neutral ones (kitchen is painted manilla).

One of the neutrals I decided to make it using a K hook, so I need to hold two strands together. No problem, except I only have one skein each of the colors I'm going to use. I did start a couple of my motifs last night by taking off some yarn from the ball, but I end up with extra (not quite enough to start the next motif), so I decided I need to head back to Michael's today and pick up another skein so I can just hold two together :lol

You know you're a crocheter when...

Any errand(s) you do have to involve a visit to the LYS, AC Moore, Michaels, JoAnns, and/or the craft dept at Wal-mart. In fact, in this day and age of out-of-control gas prices, you feel it's absolutely NECESSARY to conserve gas by including a yarn-related errand into the equation <LOL>, seeing as you're combining all your other errands together...

...when your kids ask you to drop them off at your hubby's FAVORITE hardware/home improvement store to do some Father's Day shopping and you try to talk them into going to the other one because it's next to Hobby Lobby :blush

Here's another: When you eat Twizzlers Pull-N-Peel and you think why not crochet them :think. So you try :lol. They chain O.K., but it's slow, as they tend to stick to the hook :lol.

Ellie 13

P.S I was gifted some soft yarn with no labels, I think it might be Fairy Floss.

Edited by Ellie 13

When your main inheritance from your mother was her more than 2 dozen hooks and her whole stash

When you like that no one will sit with you when you crochet on the train (I think they think I might jump up and start talking to myself like a crazy lady. Little do they know . . .)

You know you're a crocheter when

. . . you have Frequent Frogger Miles.

. . . the dog came close to being murdered because he broke the carved wooden hook the first week you had it!

When you go to HL because the S&C yarn is on sale for $1.44 and Stripes and Twist is $1.66. But, I only bought Sugar and Cream, and when I got to the register the girl tried to charge me $1.66 for the variegated sugar and cream because she thought it was stripes and twists and I argued with her and even offered to go back to the yarn dept and get a stripes and twists to show her the difference. A manager was standing there and she asked him what she should do, and he said Well, it appears that she knows what she is talking about it so you have to give it to her for $1.44.:lol I did explain to them that the Stripes and Twists plainly says on the label, Stripes and Twists.

I have a new one...

When you need something to 'dress up' the chignon you've twisted your hair up into for a *very* important job interview and you use a handturned wooden H size hook.

I used to do that all the time, but now my hair's too short. What's bad is when my hair falls in my face, the first thing I pick up is a spare hook to wrap it up, then get frustrated when it doesn't work.

Another one - a little girl comes into church wearing a crochet bolero - you look at it wondering if you could make it. Later that day, the grandma comes up to you and asks if you could have made it for her. :lol

Any crochet item in your possession people ask if you made it - 99% of the time you can say yes! (1% is random gifts to you or something you bought to try to re-produce)

...when waiting for the parade to start, you work on a baby sweater and get a lot of nice compliments.

It made my day.

:manyheart

wHEN THE KITCHEN TABLE GETS CLEARED JUST ENOUGH TO FIT A FEW PLATES BUT THE PATTERN MAGAZINES, THE YARN AND THE HOOKS ARE STILL THERE TOO:hook

When the panic to go somewhere( espc if trying to get there ''on time'')- ANYWHERE- is preceded by the decision as to which project to take in case there's any waiting to be done...

When you take a hook and project along to walk the dog....

When it's NOT on your urgent or ''PRIORITY'' to do list BUT the crocheting still gets done before anything else at the weekend!

When the dog has perfected her pulling on the yarn and knows to hide your hooks so you'll play with her....

When there's 3 spare hooks in every room in the house AND the car....(s)

When holiday day trips are planned around the nearest yarn shop in that area....:c9

When weekend playtime with the kids evolves into teaching them how to crochet - so you can do some more!!!!:hug