You know you are a crocheter when. . . . .

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lose a hook. Run out to get a new one and then come home to find it in a weird spot. Sometimes gremlins move my hooks.

:lol

You lose a hook. Run out to get a new one and then come home to find it in a weird spot. Sometimes gremlins move my hooks.

Yeah, that happened to me very recently. I am now the proud owner of 3 I hooks :lol Although one of those came in the Crystllite pack.

ER visits require a crochet project for sure.

Well, you know you will be there for hours, and crocheting is the best thing to do.

You also know you're a crocheter if your car automatically stops at garage sales and you ask if there's any yarn here.

:manyheart

I have a new one...

When you need something to 'dress up' the chignon you've twisted your hair up into for a *very* important job interview and you use a handturned wooden H size hook.

Bonus points for the fact that it was in your make-up bag in the first place.....

I have a new one...

When you need something to 'dress up' the chignon you've twisted your hair up into for a *very* important job interview and you use a handturned wooden H size hook.

Bonus points for the fact that it was in your make-up bag in the first place.....

:rofl:laughroll:haha:rofl !!!!

Colleen

if you hear someone's birthday is coming up and you automatically review your inventory or yarn and patterns in your mind and you have everything needed to make a present.

...when one of the reasons you love your job is because its gives you lots of time to crochet (I work on the phones and have quite a bit of downtime)

... when your girlfriend calls you "the happy hooker", and you aren't offended.

if you hear someone's birthday is coming up and you automatically review your inventory or yarn and patterns in your mind and you have everything needed to make a present.

Or you've started a project that's perfect - because you loved the pattern & had the yarn, just no one to give it to! :rofl

I have two more to add.

When you see the 2008 Crochet Games of Ancient Greece post you think, is this an excuse to start another project or just finish one of the mammoth ones you already have started:think It's not even a question of if you are going to participate.

When you suddenly discover the training you thought/hoped would be within driving distance is not. You are going to Atlanta for a week. The first thoughts are:

• No problem, I know the airport will let my crochet hooks (last trip I over packed just 6 hooks in carry on, 4 in checked luggage to Boston for 1 week, no one said a word) through the check points
  • At least this time I have a small project (LOL try 63 cables I am at 30 on the first pass of two) to carry in my lap top case for the inevitable delays/lay overs. :crocheting Now how much yarn am I really going to use?
  • Hey, now I have an reason to raid the books on CD's the guys at work have so I can listen during the delays while crocheting!
  • Clothes, no worries. Comfy crochet clothes Jeans and shorts (I am a techie you expect me to show up at disaster recovery training in heels? I think not.)
  • Bet's how many hours/days it takes me to get home to Milwaukee if I get a non direct flight? More then 3 squares and I am talking to an airline manager.

Scary isn't it.

Laura

i swear my furniture and animals take off with my 3.5mm hook.. im sure i have bought about 15 of them..

When.. your mum comes over to cook dinner with you for family and starts asking where the tubs of yarn belong and you reply.. RIGHT WHERE IT IS!! LEAVE MY LOUNGEROOM ALONE AND COME COOK!!

When your cat knows the biggest sin in the house is to snuggle up on the couch when a crochet project is on the couch..

When the first thing you do when you are decluttering the house is buy 80 tubs (5litre and 9litre) to store your projects and stash in - colour coded lids for current projects, supplies for projects, and depicting the difficulty of the project..lol... meanwhile the rest of the house looks like a bomb went off.. and all your visitors mst view the organised craft cupboard which is over half the storage space in the big laundry.

When.. you go to the Laundrymat, fill 7 washing machines with blankets and sit on the folding bench crocheting while you wait for the machines to finish..

When your best friend tells you she is pregnant and you ask her when the baby is due so you can decide on yarn and pattern type in order to have a gift ready for the babies arrival (she was 6mths when i found out..lol granny square baby quillow and layette it is :))

When.. you go to the Laundrymat, fill 7 washing machines with blankets and sit on the folding bench crocheting while you wait for the machines to finish..

BTDT! When the washer in my apt building was broken, I had to go to the laundromat. If I'm going to pay nearly double, I'll get as much as I can into the washers.

Ellie 13

BTDT! When the washer in my apt building was broken, I had to go to the laundromat. If I'm going to pay nearly double, I'll get as much as I can into the washers.

Ellie 13

What does "BTDT" stands for ? :think

You guys rock, but here are some that I have thought of:

...when no one in your house really cares what you are doing, but you feel obliged to either tell them all about your WIMs or complain about your WIPs!

...when you hear about someone having a baby, getting married, losing a loved one, or any other major live event and your first thought is: "What could I make them?"

...when you have a WIP next to everywhere you sit in the house!

LOL Love this one! you guys are great, it is so wonderful to know that I am not the only one guilty of so many of these pleasures. I always catch myself in the store looking over the stitch patterns, thinking... I can do that, then head straight for the yarn! :hook

Judy

Let's see if I have any to share.

When you are on your 15 minute break at a place you work, and half the people coming in the door stop to watch you and ask questions, (YES...even MEN). Some have even asked about patterns they don't have any more...and do I have them? Or you are walking through the store (because you know that a good hour will be spent shopping, so you can't lose that time), and people comment about how you can walk and crochet (or knit) at the same time. LOL. I love that one.

When you sit at your job on break and have people who DON'T crochet, asking you to teach them because they've never been able to learn.

When you have 8 WIP's and more yarn than you'll be able to use in 3 YEARS, but you still have to buy $20 worth when you walk through a store that sells yarn...just because it's beautiful and you're sure that some day you will use it to make SOMETHING. :)

When you are a raft guide, and the ride to the river is 20 minutes long...so you have plenty of time on the way to get in at least 3 more rows. :)

When you have at least 2 of every size hook you could possibly use, just in case you have to start another project before the other is done! :)

That's it for now. Blessed Be.

I wrote earlier in this thread about going to a function and looking at what someone is wearing that's obviously crocheted and trying to figure out the pattern...I did this again last week at another function...another friend was wearing a crocheted skirt...what both these examples have in common is that both of the wearers BOUGHT their crocheted pieces...they did not make them...nor knew the people who did make them...

Have another to add from yesterday:

When you go to the Reuse center (a place that's like Freecycle) and notice a crocheted tree skirt that's crocheted and looking abandoned and you have to rescue it...just because it was crocheted...

One last thing...I was in Munich two weeks ago and my DH noticed a small crocheted flower on the sidewalk and pointed it out to me...I snagged it...and felt I "rescued" the piece...neither this flower or the tree skirt above are of the type of crochet I would do...but they were crocheted...and I just felt that they had to be taken in and loved...just because...

I may need help...

I have another one...you are shopping at Wal-Mart and you pass the Juniors section. You see several crocheted tops that are all the rage right now with teenagers. YOu loudly declare to anyone who's listening, "Why on earth would you BUY something like that if you can just as easily make it at home, with much nicer yarn???" Of course, the shoppers all give you a wide berth after that <LOL>.

Archived