You know you are a crocheter when. . . . .

Oh yes, I thought of another one...

You're talking to a coworker who's not from this country and who's English is not great. She asks you what do you mean by "yarn"? You, without hesitation, whip open your desk drawer and pull out a skein to show her...

:clap I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! You go girl!!!! :clap

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When your shopping for your kid's or in my case god kid's and you show them an outfit and they reply, "Why buy it when you crochet it for me"<~~~~I was told this exact thing by my 7 yr old god daughter when I asked her and Lucy if they wanted me to by their Easter Dresses this year.

You must either be wearing yarn or have a WIP on your person (for spontaneous looking, touching, working) or you feel nekkid and exposed like a toddler without their blankie.

That's a hook behind your ear, not a pen.

Not me, but one of my partners in crochet at my church, the pastor's wife:

they recently went on a cruise, and she devoted one suitcase to yarn so she could crochet afghans! She finished 4 on her cruise!

when you put your child in time out and know her time is up based on how many rows/rounds you've finished since she got there....

When your 2yo asks you for a hook and some yarn and even comes to you with them looking for help.

When you almost cry because his poor little two year old hands just aren't coordinated enough yet to be able to do it and the thought of wanting to crochet but being physically unable is devastating to you. :cry

When you leave little bits of yarn everywhere you go that have hitched a ride on your clothes, in your bag, on your shoe...

When you walk into a store and look at a blanket or sweater and think "I could make this for half the price, AND in better colors".

You can recognize certain stitches from afar, and often point out things like cables and hdc to your confused friends.

Your friends choose not bring anything with larger type stitching around you for fear that you take it and examine it.

This just happened tonight and my husband laughed when he realised what I was doing:

...when you stare intently at the lady standing next to you because she's wearing a crocheted shrug type sweater and you want to see what stitch pattern it's made up of...

When you ask your kids what the #1 rule in the house is and your 2 year old says -while waving her finger- "don't touch mommy's yarn!"

You know you are a crocheter when ... my husband ask, are you crocheting in dark? I said no I was flossing my teeth.

You get a tall bed with the express reason of having more storage space in a 400 sq ft home and every box, save one, is full of stash; along with the clothes hamper in the bedroom, living room and under the tea table. Oh, and don't forget the one hiding behind the chair, and the closet too.

when your friends come to take you out and you say, "Hold on, just one more row" I actually did that before so now before they come get me they ask me if I have enough rows done.

If every piece of furnature at the store looks like it'd be good to hold yarn in... boxes, shelves, dressers, laundry baskets, washer, dryer, computer table, kitchen table, cabinets etc...

When you actually leave some of your yarn in the car, and bring it in the house in shifts so as not to scare significant other with more yarn....

When you look forward to dr./dentist appointments, because you'll probably have to wait, and you'll get to crochet in quiet...

lol, I've seen some funny ones here! Someone should compile them...

Victoria

You know you're a crocheter when....you dream about crocheting, yarn, new hooks, etc.

I've had a few more crochet/yarn dreams than I should ever admit *^_^*

You ladies are so funny...and interesting! This is a great thread. Also...

When you absolutely must have multiple projects on the go so that there's always something to work on: a simple one for while watching telly, a complicated one for when you can concentrate, a portable one for when you go out, a quick one to give you instant gratification.....etc... :hook And if you don't have ALL of these WIPs then you get palpitations and sweats and have to run out to the yarn store! Or, even better, get your OH to drive you there - so that you can crochet your portable project on the way :lol

When your family asks you how you made something, and you start explaining to them and they give you the same look your dogs give you when you talk baby talk to them.

When t.v. isn't interesting unless your crocheting.

You ladies are so funny...and interesting! This is a great thread. Also...

When you absolutely must have multiple projects on the go so that there's always something to work on: a simple one for while watching telly, a complicated one for when you can concentrate, a portable one for when you go out, a quick one to give you instant gratification.....etc... :hook And if you don't have ALL of these WIPs then you get palpitations and sweats and have to run out to the yarn store! Or, even better, get your OH to drive you there - so that you can crochet your portable project on the way :lol

Good Lord, I do the SAME thing! I always have three going for the same reasons...

Archived