You know you are a crocheter when. . . . .

I remember seeing this somewhere on the board, but figured I had to add a few more that have happened in the last few weeks

You know you are a crocheter when:

You spend more time planning your projects for your trip then your clothes (it's not a vacation it's a business seminar)

Spring is here you decide to you need start an easy to carry and work on project. You end up starting 63 cable crochet patterns in rose and sage (caron). Never mind you have all 3 63 books plotted/started/with yarn (I have 30 different blocks done in h/i/j size hooks marked even!) only in variegated yarn and in 3 different size hooks each. One day I will get them done

As you start on the new project (see above) you discover that 2 of your cats have decided that the squares are their favorite colors. The two colors your new afghan is planned in. They are not going to share. You have promised them afghans. Little brother and sister claimed the last 2 afghans. You just give up get more yarn in each color and decide no new projects until the 2 new 63 cable afghans are done. :crocheting Your mother is laughing because you just keep alternating the squares in colors planning to start at the beginning to change the colors. As you alternate the colors you end up with alternating cats. I am getting a square done a day on week days and 2-4 on the weekends. Its one way to keep off the computer.

If you are stressed at work your colleagues suggest you take a crochet break for the sake of the users.

You hope for snow days and hot summers (because with both you will not be going any where) for more crochet time!

You are not entirely depressed by the $4 unleaded gas you saw on the way to work. You have decided less running on the weekends leads to more crochet time!

You are more upset by the recent change in Boye hooks, because you don't like them now then you are by $4 gas.

OK these are the ones I can think of. If I have put this in the wrong place my apologies in advance

Laura

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. . . when you have a hook in your purse, a hook in your car, one in you desk drawer at work, several in the craft room, your hook case holding several hooks in a tote bag with a current project and several others scattered in rooms about the house. You can't be a hooker if you can't find a hook! :hook

When your coffee table is "crochet central," covered with WIPs, pattern books, crochet magazines, hooks, and whatnot...

When your floor has stray bits of yarn all over the place (mainly for the cat's amusement...)

When you have more subscriptions to crochet magazines than any other type of magazine

When you look at box or bag or basket and think, "That would be great to hold more yarn..."

When you go shopping for a purse, don't like what's out there, go home and make your own...

You watching shows on tv looking for something that is crocheted in it!

Or when you see some crocheted whatever in a movie or tv show, you jump up and scream, "Crochet, crochet!!!" (I honest to God have done this...my DH thinks I'm so warped...)

You watching shows on tv looking for something that is crocheted in it!

I do this at movies now too.

:manyheart

Or when you see some crocheted whatever in a movie or tv show, you jump up and scream, "Crochet, crochet!!!" (I honest to God have done this...my DH thinks I'm so warped...)

My DH actually points stuff out, saying, "is that crocheted?"

......you pick out what to wear for the day based on whether or not it's comfortable to crochet in!

OMG I am soo guilty of this! Keep it coming ladies.. I need my daily chuckle!:lol

Sore

You've stopped wearing your wedding ring because it spins on your finger when you crochet and/or catches on the yarn. Really, what's more important: wearing a beautiful ring or not being annoyed while crocheting!?

Instead of buying a new outfit you buy more yarn and hooks.

Then you cannot go out cause you don't have anything to wear, that gives you more time to crochet :devil

You look around a friend's house wondering what you could crochet for her and then look around the new house and imagine what crochet projects will look good where.

You are actually disappointed to see the doctor come in..as you are almost finished with that row!

Your husband takes you to Bass Pro Shop and your mind starts to conjure up all the different projects you could do with fishing line. :cheer

Any bag you do purchase is chosen primarily on the basis of practicality for yarn/project toting.

Oh this is SO true...

You are actually disappointed to see the doctor come in..as you are almost finished with that row!

Your husband takes you to Bass Pro Shop and your mind starts to conjure up all the different projects you could do with fishing line. :cheer

This is ME!!:D - He's getting more lures and I'm in la la land at the fishing line!

You mentally size up all your friends, to see what size sweater they'd take--either that, or you sneak into their bedrooms and measure their sweaters.

When they leave the room to get you a soda, you get out your Blackberry and jot down all their livingroom decor colors, to aid in afghan color choices later on.

You budget crocheting time into your day as a top priority--way ahead of housework <LOL>.

You get excited when NPR is having their annual fund drive and is offering a free tote bag for a donation. You have to remind yourself that for $5, you could have the same bag from Wal-Mart--without paying $150 for a pledged donation.

Your friends are confused when you show up for something WITHOUT your crocheting.

....You get stopped by a random stranger and asked if you knit/crochet. *This happened to me just a few minutes ago at walmart because I had a thing of yarn in my cart. haha.

...You laugh at all the other comments on this thread.

Oh yes, I thought of another one...

You're talking to a coworker who's not from this country and who's English is not great. She asks you what do you mean by "yarn"? You, without hesitation, whip open your desk drawer and pull out a skein to show her...

I've only been crocheting a few weeks and yesterday when my hubby picked me up from work, as I'm diving into my tote bag for a hook I looked up as we passed a house that is the loveliest shade of pastel green and said "that would be a great color for Eliza's afghan." :hook

Sheepishly addicted,

LG

I don't wear my wedding ring either!!

But you know you are truly addicted when your yarn is all out on display in the family room so you can sit and watch tv or listen to the radio completly surrounded by yarn. True BLISS. Hubbys friends think I am crazy! But all of them want me to make their SO blankets!

Archived