Laura Ingalls Wilder Doily Finally Finished!

birdlady1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone for your kind words. But I was just following an existing pattern! My thanks go to Kathy (Katchkan) for teaching me filet crochet through her wonderful patterns.

I love it too! It's a wonderful pattern and you did a fine fine job!

• 2 weeks later...

I missed this post earlier.

You did such a beautiful job! Fantastic!

Havent started mine yet but its next on my list I think.

I'm going to give mine a shot with #30 thread... pretty scary stuff LOL

Will send you pics when I get done.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you, everyone! I still haven't blocked it but I'm quite intimidated after reading another thread about blocking. Someone used 300 pins to block a doily! This doily may need twice as many!

• 4 weeks later...

This pattern is available in this month's Piecework magazine. I'm going to make it for my niece, who is an avid Laura Ingalls fan. I've never used size 30 thread so it's a good thing that her birthday isn't until fall. It might take me a while.

Nice work! I like it in the blue.

I fell in love with it the second i opened this thread!!!! And then when I read i could get the pattern by ordering Piecework----well I am getting the magazine now!! They said the May/June issue would be delivered 6/5/08. That seems a long time to wait, but that's OK!

It is so beautiful!!! Are you framing it?

Stunning - gorgeous! (and I love the dragonfly)

What is the connection with Laura Ingalls Wilder? Was this actually a pattern she made?

Very cool that it is being reprinted in Piecework! I wonder if the editors saw all the discussion about it here and decided it would be a best-seller:lol

:lol The author of the article in Piecework was Belinda Carter. Does she post here?

that is an amazing doily. i can't begin to imagine how long you worked on it

Archived