Laura Ingalls Wilder Doily Finally Finished!

birdlady1

wilder3.jpg

wilder1.jpg

I used DMC Traditions in "cornflower blue". This is a #10 thread and this puppy is huge! It's about 48x18.

It's not blocked and I haven't weaved in the loose ends yet. I had to attach it to my wall because I didn't have a large enough space to display (and block) it.

This pattern unfortunately is no longer available. I got my copy from a dear friend.

So what do you think??!! I love it! Do you see the little dragonfly in the lower right side?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was this lovely doily something from the Ingalls homestead? I really like the theme — it's Art Deco which was very sleek and elegant. You will really enjoy using this one, birdlady1!

Yes, the original doily is in the museum in Missouri.

I'm thinking mine can be framed in a poster-sized frame....

Ooooo Oooooo Ooooooo I've been watching for this (noticed this as a WIP in your signature for a while now) - It looks beautiful! I've got the chart, but have waited to start until I saw how yours turned out (ok I'm chicken). I'll bet Laura designed this to be done in a size 30 thread or something . . . . . I may make mine with #20 . . . . oops - this is about you - not me -

Beautiful Job!!! I love it! Great color selection! :manyhearts

That is just beautiful, I have that chart and hope someday to be able to work this. What are the demensions since you did this in size 10 which is what I would have to work with, I have not used anything smaller.

Absolutely beautiful, I think Laura would be proud

Archived