Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Sue aka Cotton Candee I really like the green one you are making. Is it your own creation or is the pattern online.

Why, Thank you Wendy aka Aussie! The original pattern was created by Colleen aka Aggie May and a dear friend sent it to me! I used fpdc instead of the dc that the pattern calls for. I crocheted the 1st afghan one too loose at the start in the middle star, so I put 2dc 2ch 2dc in the first 4 (i think) rows of the one I am on now. I changed to the 3dc 2ch 3dc the pattern asks for on the 1st row of purple. My newest is flatter than a pancake! I also figured out why my holes were too big and fixed that as well! :hook I am at the adding points to it now. I just started it AGAIN I think 2 days ago. I just love Colleen's pattern and it has taught me so much! :hug

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello,

P1010007-1.jpg

The first word that came to mind when I scrolled down and saw this picture was STUNNING :applause I'm sure your sister will love it. I love your color combination. It's so cheerful and happy!!!!!

So Micky, are you just taking a break from the rr or crochet all together?

Oh no, not from crochet all together. I have too many patterns I want to make for that. Just taking a break from this ghan.

Shh...don't tell the others, but I am working a little bit on a knitting project. Just to give myself a slight break.

I will pick it up again soon, and show you the progress when I do.

:devil

Oh no, not from crochet all together. I have too many patterns I want to make for that. Just taking a break from this ghan.

Shh...don't tell the others, but I am working a little bit on a knitting project. Just to give myself a slight break.

I will pick it up again soon, and show you the progress when I do.

So... :faintyou are going over to the dark side... EmoticonJediFight.gif

Yah... I won't say a word :rofl If you want to :knit then I will miss seeing your progress but I know I will still be here doing mine no matter how long it takes for you to come back to us. btw Is the pattern working out for you? :hook

So... :faintyou are going over to the dark side... EmoticonJediFight.gif

Yah... I won't say a word :rofl If you want to :knit then I will miss seeing your progress but I know I will still be here doing mine no matter how long it takes for you to come back to us. :hook

I happen to like it over here on the dark side. I feel out of place in the norm.

I taught myself to knit and crochet at the same time, so I don't feel out of place doing either.

I happen to like it over here on the dark side. I feel out of place in the norm.

I taught myself to knit and crochet at the same time, so I don't feel out of place doing either.

I am actually thinking... :think just thinking, mind you, of learning to knit. I learned when I learned crochet but didn't like it back then. I felt too constrained having to have 2 needles vs. 1 hook. Whatcha makin'?

Gee, surprised? Yeah, I am getting tired of the color combo too! :lol

So I am back to the place I was when I started over the other day and I corrected the new points and holes so that it looks better.

%233+star+full+out+of+margins+front.jpg

Here is the front with the purple looking blue still.

%233+star+closeup+front+best.jpg

Here is a close up

%233+star+full+back.jpg

Here is what the back looks like.

I think it looks so much better and it is flat too! :hook When I added the new points, it got a bit wild and wanted to take off again so I just tightened the points up by in each valley by decreasing the 2 fpdc that are 2 away from the bottom. That way I can have 1 stitch that is a reg fpdc next to the one I am skipping. :yes

Sue that looks so pretty. Do you keep adding points as you go.

The more I see it the more I want to make it now and Im thinking of doing it in light and dark pink for my daughter for her birthday. I would have to be quick with it as her birthday is 26/3.

Here is a photo of my current one, not sure if I have shown this one in here before.

th_P1030167.jpg

Sue that looks so pretty. Do you keep adding points as you go.

The more I see it the more I want to make it now and Im thinking of doing it in light and dark pink for my daughter for her birthday. I would have to be quick with it as her birthday is 26/3.

Here is a photo of my current one, not sure if I have shown this one in here before.

th_P1030167.jpg

Nope, never seen this before... I would have remembered it. It is very pretty. The varigated yarn makes the other look as if floating upon it!

This pattern works up sooooo fast! I just love it! So do I put your name down to join????? :hook

Yes, adding points... start with 6 then 12 then 24! Others are going from 12 to 24 and other combos too!

Thanks Sue.

Your up early or your going to bed late.

What's bed??? Neither... still up and will get ready for work in about an hour. I talked to my db earlier and got all hyped up. He just got a PC and I helped him on how to read emails! Hey, he's single ladies.. 45, no kids and never married in Utah! :lol He tells me he doesn't have a ratpad and I don't know what he is talking about... He goes on to tell me his rat needs a pad... he is talking about a mouse! :yes I about died from laughing so hard!

Oh and happy leap day!

What's bed??? Neither... still up and will get ready for work in about an hour. I talked to my db earlier and got all hyped up. He just got a PC and I helped him on how to read emails! Hey, he's single ladies.. 45, no kids and never married in Utah! :lol He tells me he doesn't have a ratpad and I don't know what he is talking about... He goes on to tell me his rat needs a pad... he is talking about a mouse! :yes I about died from laughing so hard!

Oh and happy leap day!

:roflnever heard it called a ratpad before.

I've been following this CAL and held off for a while. Darski sucked me in when she mentioned her pattern for the 6 point star. So, this is what I've got so far. I used the first two rounds of the square pattern from the Prairie Star pattern for the inserts. I modified the second round so the pointier ends had 2 chains and the sides had 3.

After I sewed then on I only had to fudge a little to get them to work out. It's too bad you can't correct colors. I'm using TLC Essentials High Plains, Barn Red and Brown. Too bad you can't get photos to show the right colors. The varigated is more muted and salmon colored, no pink. The red is more of a burnt red color. Oh well, you can get the idea.

I'll probably have to set this aside for a little while now, I have 3 other ghans I have to get finished. That's one of my New Years Resolutions. ;) Even my DH like this one. He really like the colors together.

P1010006.jpg?t=1204291781

P1010007.jpg?t=1204291820

Well I started on this rr, a couple of days ago, but just finished the first set of extra points, so wanted to post a pic. I am doing the aztec sun pattern that is 8-16-32 points. It was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be (adding the points). I like the way it is flowing so far, although this is my first time using sc and hdc to do the valleys and I think I like Aggie May's 12 point rr pattern better. I really like the way this is coming together though!:)

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN4294.jpg

:day...truly you have and many thank yous to you all for your lovely words. You guys are great. :ghug I am startining to think of color combos for the next one - :haha - but this one's not even done yet! Close though!! Her birthday is March 7th, she will be 22. She loooooves hippy, happy rainbow colors! :dance I really hope to brighten her days with this...she needs it :manyheart

Fabolous job on all the rr's to everyone!

Angela :2hug

So...I decided to do the Aztec Sun a while back. I was going to do it in Bright Yellow, Turqua and Banana Berry RHSS. Then I changed the third color to Spring Green. After seeing so many of your 6/12/24 afghans, I liked the way many of you were using another color to edge each section. So I brought back the Banana Berry for the edge color.

I wasn't sure if it was working, because where the yellow and green areas of the Banana Berry are, it sort of fades away and doesn't look like all the edge is there. But I continued on til the next set of points started.

I love the way the colors look together, but this edge thing has got me bothered. I am still not sure what to do. Keep going, or Let er Rip?

AztecSun-2.jpg

Sorry if the picture is too big. When I edited it down to the size it is supposed to be on Photobucket, I clicked the right size, but somehow it still looks too big.

Football Mom

I'm not so good with the color combo thing,, not even in this cal but have sure been watching it.

Think about giving it a chance to establish,,, :cheerIt looks VERY interesting.

:thinkAll that second guessing is pesky isn't it!!!

All I can say is "WOW"! Everyone's pics are great! I love what you are all doing. Donna, your pineapple is beautiful! I had hoped to have an update of my ghan tonight, but I wasn't home most of the day and it was too dark for a pic by the time I did get home, so hopefully tomorrow. It's almost done!:cheer

Archived