Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here is my pink ripple and as you can see it shows the point that Im trying to make. Does the point look like its going to be too high?

th_P1030276.jpg

th_P1030275.jpg

th_P1030274.jpg

Also thought I would show you all the ripple that my Mum is making. She doesnt have internet and so I said I would show it to you. She still has a way to go. Also can you see that she has 13 points. I started it off for her so must have done a blunder somewhere along the way. Still looks ok though.

th_P1030267.jpg

Aussie - The best part about your mum's is that it still lies flat! I would think it would have been more rummply (my own word, there, but it fits, I think). Unfortunately, I have never made one of the increase point afghans, so I don't know hwo yours will turn out. I hope it works out great for you.

Good Morning Everyone! DH took over the computer last night, so had to wait to come back, lol!

Wendy, so sorry about your RH problems! Hope you were able to get in touch with them and they were good to deal with.

Christine, I've probably missed you, but...Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful vacation!

Monica, your ghans are very pretty and the colors of the new one are very nice! Thank you for sharing your patterns!

Aussie, I sure wish that I could help you, but these 6 to 24 point ghans have me :eek. I keep thinking that I might try one, then see all the trouble you folks are having and get second thoughts! Yep, I'm a chicken :yes Your Mum's ghan is very pretty!

Have a wonderful day all!

dear friends went aol for the weekend and spent much needed time with my mother and dad. also saw my db and twin nephews. will post the progress on my star blanket sometime soon...beth

Just an update. I called coats and clark and described my problem. The lady was very nice and is sending me replacement yarn plus one skein just in case. I will save it for when I get to make my own afghan for me. whenever that will be. I hope to finish off my afghan today and start the next one but it is so sunshinyand warm outside(gonna be near 60 today) I don't know if I'll get to it till later tonight. I got spring fever!!!

Have a great day!

wendy

Progress without ruffles:clap

th_Picture002.jpg

THANK YOU to Colleen and darski:hug and everyone else:manyheart

I started the second set of points last night. :tiredI got as far as one set and went to bed. :sleep

I realized that this picture is of the back of my afghan.:blush

More to do after work.....

Cotton Candee --GREAT

Good job!!

Hey Nancy... thankx but I still don't have you added on here... are you formally joined in our little CAL group? I will gladly add your name... just say the word! :yes

it did take some time to weave in all those pesky ends. quote]

I would lay the ends down and make my stitches around them so that it was being weaved in as a crocheted the next row. I think that is what Colleen said to do too!

Also kept thinking that it will be worse on the next addition because it will be 16 extra points, and even though I haven't looked that far into the pattern, I assume that they will be done the same way.
They will be sone the same way and won't be worse if you do it as you crochet the next row! :hook

I scanned thru the thread looking at all the pics and now you've all got me wanting to make another one!

So...Michele, which is my middle name spelled that correct way too! Are you game??? Show us what you can do girl!

Hi Ladies!

Today, while I was working on one of the never-ending rounds I came to the valley where you skip 2 dc (the end one and the first one of the next peak thingy or whatever its called, I hope you know what I am getting at)...and on the round before I dc in them all - so there was no valley:oops I had to rip it out and start again at the correct spot.

Hopefully I haven't confused you too much. Till next time :)

Angela ~ I am not confused by what you said and I am soooooo sorry that you had to frog that part! I am sure you had to look at it hard too to make sure what you did was what you did. I know I would have before I ripped all that out! Actually did that as well on one of my rows but cheated and just did some dec to correct it in the valley.

Hi Everyone! Well, I finished it except for weaving in the ends!:cheerHere's a pic! I'll be back after I check out what everyone else has been up to!

100_0208.jpg

That is truely beeee u t ful! When I have time, I am going to post everyone's finished links under their names on the 1st page! Like I said, I am tired of looking at green but yours is pretty.

I'll miss everyone while Im gone... how will I ever catch up after 8 days... DH said NO LAPTOP We are off to Cancun for our 19th wedding anny. I'll miss you all... You've become a part of my daily life ya know Catch up on the 12th. Happy Hookin' !!

Have fun Christine! I probably won't be done by the time you come back! Don't get sunburned... AND tell DH :P if he wont let you check in... Miss you!!!

Well, I have been working on my 8 Point round ripple, extending the preemie size to a larger newborn/toddler size pattern that I will post on Gather.com when I get done. I have done a different color pattern too (inspired by Chris's beautiful 12 pt RR), and am going in the back of the stitch to give the ridge effect. Here are the pics of where I am now, just finished row 13:

Monica! I just love your work... I see that you go down a size in your stitch from what... a dc to a sc or hdc to make the valleys? Someone else does that here too... I love the colors too!

Ok here is my pink ripple and as you can see it shows the point that Im trying to make. Does the point look like its going to be too high?

th_P1030275.jpg

Wendy, You can fix it 2 different ways... You can either rip it out and in the 1st row dec the last 2 stitches in the valley so that not only are you skipping 2 but dec 2. What that does is lower the number of rows to get to your point. This in turn makes your point shorter.

You can actually kind of squish the points down by the number of stitches too. remember that you have to put the same number as on the sides of the old.. this just might correct it there.

If I counted right, you will have 8 stitches on each side so you can see if that will help. Also, the dark will look smaller than the light. I took a pencel and paper, outlined mine and then took a ruler to the markings to make sure I was correct.

You can alway join your dark color and go around the two points and see how it will look before you move on too. darksi did that earlier too.

Also thought I would show you all the ripple that my Mum is making. She doesnt have internet and so I said I would show it to you. She still has a way to go. Also can you see that she has 13 points. I started it off for her so must have done a blunder somewhere along the way. Still looks ok though.

th_P1030267.jpg

I thought mine was bright! I love the colors! and... my favorite number is 13! Please let your Mum know how much we enjoyed her sharing hers with us as well! You can always be her proxy and we can add her so that we can ask for more pics anytime... :devil

dear friends went aol for the weekend and spent much needed time with my mother and dad. also saw my db and twin nephews. will post the progress on my star blanket sometime soon...beth
Awww, we can share you with your family too Beth! Glad you have a nice time!

Just an update. I called coats and clark and described my problem. The lady was very nice and is sending me replacement yarn plus one skein just in case. wendy

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

That's great and I too have spring fever!

th_Picture002.jpg

Progress without ruffles

THANK YOU to Colleen and darski and everyone else

It just looks better the bigger it gets!

Here is my 2 cents!

I will post pics after I add my next set of points. I am just doing it and tweeking as I go... It wants to ruffle but I refuse to let it! :angry I will win this war! My friend at work laughs at me saying I brought it on myself doing it all in the front posts! I am already making plans to start a new one but I went through my stash... and lo and behold, I have NO baby yarn nor the colors for a baby rr for a boy. Plenty for a girl but I know that is not what she wants.. a pink rr for her son! :lol So, her nursery is going to be in sports balls.. basketballs, footballs, ect... and the primary color is going to be a mint green. Since I will just have to buy some, I would like to poll everyone on color schemes. I do want a varigated in this too! So if inclined, please give me your 2 cents! Thankx

Wow! everyones afghans are looking great!

I added a round of yellow today because I ran out of my black skein and after the problem with the yellows not matching I didn't want to join the new skein of black for the next round. Now I can join the new skein and hopefully finish it off either tonight or tomorrow night.

If I finish with a round of sc will that help my points lie flatter?

Well, I think I will just add a border now and be done with this one. Right now it measures 33 inches in diameter - the previous one I did with a smaller hook and it was only 30 inches. This is the same yarn and using the slightly bigger hook has made it feel so much softer! I love this yarn (Bernat Softee Chunky).

8ptprogess.jpg

I have completed the extra points. yippee.:yay I will have an update photo on friday to show you all.

Just one more thing once you have done the points do you go right round with the other color or just over the points

I just gave an rr to my 5 y/o grandson last week. He loved it!

It was wild! I made it in Spiderman colors. Got the pattern from Crochet Central.

To make it lay flat, do 2 rounds of corners 2sc,ch2, 2sc - then one round of corners with 1sc, ch2, 1sc.

I blocked it when I finished outside on my hamock. I had to flod this one in half so it wouldn't hand over the sides.

Oh Monica

Its beautiful.

..and than you all for the kind words

half of the last set of points are on - whheeeeeee

Everyone's pics look great. Mine however looks like poop lol. I thought I was doing well and then here the center is all bow looking not laying flat at all so I may just scrap it. Im still trying to get my camera working I have no clue why it still wont hook up to the cpu, I have a letter to the kodak ppl requesting help with it. Keep up the great work everyone.

I just finished the first band of color that "covers" the first set of extra points. I still love the colors, but am still not thrilled that the border color (banana berry) is fading into the yellow and green. I think it looks OK on the yellow, but the next band is green and I am still a little concerned. But I am not giving up!

AztecSun also has the petal shaped points...and has the SC,HDC, and DC combination at the lower end of the "petals," creating the shape. After the points, it alternates this pattern with a row of 4 decreases in the valley. Unlike the "regular" RR, you can't just go ahead and do it without the pattern...you have to follow the pattern for each row.

So far, so good. It may take a bit longer til my next "milestone" as the rows are getting bigger now.

AztecSun2.jpg

AztecSun3.jpg

Football Mom

I like the colors that you hve chosen. I think that it 'defines' the yellow, and 'softens' the edges of the green. It gives a texture to the over all effect.

Archived