Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Oh my I go to bed last night and I have 4 pages to catch up and read. Ive still been hangin on here I havnt crochet on my brown one or the past 2 wks just havnt felt much like doing anything. I am startin my own MaryKay business so I have been very usy setting that all up. Crazy I have been I tiell ya. Everyone's ghans look fantastic I love looking at all the pics. I will get one posted soon.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been following this CAL and held off for a while. Darski sucked me in when she mentioned her pattern for the 6 point star. So, this is what I've got so far. Even my DH like this one. He really like the colors together.

P1010006.jpg?t=1204291781

P1010007.jpg?t=1204291820

Okay everyone... a big round of applause for our newest member LeslieG! :clap

Leslie - just love the colors!! It looks real nice!

Well I started on this rr, a couple of days ago, but just finished the first set of extra points, so wanted to post a pic. I am doing the aztec sun pattern that is 8-16-32 points. It was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be (adding the points). I like the way it is flowing so far, although this is my first time using sc and hdc to do the valleys and I think I like Aggie May's 12 point rr pattern better. I really like the way this is coming together though!:)

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN4294.jpg

Just lovely Valerie! I feel it is keeping the afghan flat as the hard part... I am tweeking it as Colleen said to to keep from riding my little roller coaster of bowls vs. puckers so that it does lay flat! :D I am thinking of doing my next one in the colors you are using... it is so pretty.

:day...truly you have and many thank yous to you all for your lovely words. You guys are great. I am startining to think of color combos for the next one - - but this one's not even done yet! Close though!! Her birthday is March 7th, she will be 22. She loooooves hippy, happy rainbow colors! I really hope to brighten her days with this...she needs it

Fabolous job on all the rr's to everyone!

Angela :2hug

Angela... if she doesn't like it... I will PM you my address! That work of art of yours can do nothing BUT brighten up her day! :c9

So...I decided to do the Aztec Sun a while back. I was going to do it in Bright Yellow, Turqua and Banana Berry RHSS. Then I changed the third color to Spring Green. After seeing so many of your 6/12/24 afghans, I liked the way many of you were using another color to edge each section. So I brought back the Banana Berry for the edge color.

I wasn't sure if it was working, because where the yellow and green areas of the Banana Berry are, it sort of fades away and doesn't look like all the edge is there. But I continued on til the next set of points started.

I love the way the colors look together, but this edge thing has got me bothered. I am still not sure what to do. Keep going, or Let er Rip?

AztecSun-2.jpg

Sorry if the picture is too big. When I edited it down to the size it is supposed to be on Photobucket, I clicked the right size, but somehow it still looks too big.

Ex-FM aka WM, I used to watercolor paint... I would do nature scenes and what is so nice about watercolors vs oils, is that oil painting are very detailed and tedious where watercolors just give more of an illusion that flows and is more freeform... Watercolors are more comfortings and relaxing letting one's mind fill in the blanks and edges... it gives one a feeling of calm... You edges and the way the colors flow remind me of a watercolor painting... relaxing yet intriqueing. I wouldn't frog it for the world! I like it and that is my vote!

Football Mom

I'm not so good with the color combo thing,, not even in this cal but have sure been watching it.

Think about giving it a chance to establish,,, :cheerIt looks VERY interesting.

:thinkAll that second guessing is pesky isn't it!!!

:yes So nss... :yes am I able to add your name to our list of rr CALers? :yes

Okay, I will agree to pesky but that wouldn't have been my 1st choice for calling it that! :devil

Well I know Sue was interested in my Pineapple. Guess what, it's finished so now I can do some work on this ripple again. At least until I have to go get more yarn :cheer

Here is a link to where the pineapple is.

So, Donna... From what I saw a rr will be a walk in the park even with your eyes closed! ;) That is truely a work of love! It is Beee U T ful! :manyheart I love pineapples and that will be my next quest after I get the rr down! Thank you for sharing!

Here is some progress on my first RR. I still have a ways to go, but I havent had to frog it and its not puckery - thank goodness.

th_roundripple.jpg

Oh, Chris! I love this! :yay So now I have to decide how to do the baby boy's colors now that I like them BOTH :think

All I can say is "WOW"! Everyone's pics are great! I love what you are all doing. Donna, your pineapple is beautiful! I had hoped to have an update of my ghan tonight, but I wasn't home most of the day and it was too dark for a pic by the time I did get home, so hopefully tomorrow. It's almost done!:cheer
Okay Ann... what does it being dark outside have to do with a pic of your afghan? :think Don't tell me that you too don't have a flash... :eek In this day and age you would think that a flash wouldn't be an issue.. but then you wouldn't think trying to talk over those drive-thru speakers at fast-food places would have the lack of quality they have either! Can't wait to see the pics!:yes

Oh my I go to bed last night and I have 4 pages to catch up and read. Ive still been hangin on here I havnt crochet on my brown one or the past 2 wks just havnt felt much like doing anything. I am startin my own MaryKay business so I have been very usy setting that all up. Crazy I have been I tiell ya. Everyone's ghans look fantastic I love looking at all the pics. I will get one posted soon.

Good luck with the MaryKay! Can't wait to see your pics! :yes

Chris - I LOVE your colors! I have used that variegated yarn and the lighter blue along with a cream color, but WOW, I love it with the dark blue too! It reminds me of the old blue china patterns. Just gorgeous!

I have wanted to start on the Blue Star afghan (on the cover of Herrschners Blue Ribbon Afghans). It starts as a round ripple, but ends as a 60"x60" square. As soon as I can afford to gather the materials for it, I will start on it for this CAL. Until then, I may work on something else. I have 2 RR patterns I have posted for free - linked in my signature. The aztec suns are interesting too, though, and I may try one of those soon too.

If anyone wants to chat or has a question about one of my patterns, I am on yahoo IM as thx4memories. I hope to post pics soon of my new project.

Everyones RRs are just beautiful -- I love the 6 to 24 ghans... I'm feeling so inspired to try one now. between everyones cmpliments on mine and seeing the awesome work you are all doing,,I think Im going to give it a shot as soon as I finish the blue one :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer thanks for all the kudos:manyheart:manyheart

Here are pics of ones I have done before:

sunshinerr.jpg

Sunshine Round Ripple - pattern link in signature

princessRR.jpg

Princess Pink Round Ripple - variation instructions provided on the Sunshine Round Ripple pattern page.

DSC00975.jpg

Eight Point Round Ripple Crochet Preemie Afghan - pattern link in signature area.

So Monica... Am I to add your name to the list as a participant of our little CAL? :hook I have your patterns already and I also love the princess pink rr the best! I think because it just looks so girly and pretty...

So Christine... you are going to give it a try? :hug

Okay EVERYONE together!!

You can do it.. :cheer

Yes you can! :cheer

If you can't do it...:cheer

noone can! :cheer gooooooooooooooo Christine! :yay yah!!!

I've been following this CAL and held off for a while. Darski sucked me in when she mentioned her pattern for the 6 point star. So, this is what I've got so far. I used the first two rounds of the square pattern from the Prairie Star pattern for the inserts. I modified the second round so the pointier ends had 2 chains and the sides had 3.

After I sewed then on I only had to fudge a little to get them to work out. It's too bad you can't correct colors. I'm using TLC Essentials High Plains, Barn Red and Brown. Too bad you can't get photos to show the right colors. The varigated is more muted and salmon colored, no pink. The red is more of a burnt red color. Oh well, you can get the idea.

I'll probably have to set this aside for a little while now, I have 3 other ghans I have to get finished. That's one of my New Years Resolutions. ;) Even my DH like this one. He really like the colors together.

P1010006.jpg?t=1204291781

P1010007.jpg?t=1204291820

Leslie that is just beautiful, I love the colors and like how you did the varigated to get the extra points.:clap

Monica I love your RR's especially the pink one, its just beautiful. My daughter would like that one she is obsessed with pink.:clap

Footballmom and Chris I really like your RR's as well.:clap

Im amazed at how different we can make the RR's just by changing the amount of points we put at the start. You are all so talented in here.

Monica I love your RR's especially the pink one, its just beautiful. My daughter would like that one she is obsessed with pink.:clap

Footballmom and Chris I really like your RR's as well.:clap

Im amazed at how different we can make the RR's just by changing the amount of points we put at the start. You are all so talented in here.

you all includes you too as far as talent goes! :yes I am thinking of just looking at some of my stash and pick out some for the baby rr I am going to do next for gift. It is just so hard seeing all the color combos and deciding on what you want to do. Not only match the colors but how many and what shade... Oh... it is as nss stated earlier... it being pesky and all! :D

Here is some progress on my first RR. I still have a ways to go, but I havent had to frog it and its not puckery - thank goodness.

th_roundripple.jpg

I absolutely love this colourway. What a beautiful ghan this is :manyheart

Count me in ladies - I broke down and bought some yarn I like - $10 worth and it will be to donate, so I can excuse it sort of since I am really on a tight budget and shouldn't spend the money, lol, but I am sort of a yarn snob and all I have here is not yarn I like. I'm spoiled.

The pink one is my favorite too. It is the Lion Brand homespun yarn - sooooo soft! It was a gift for my cousin Michael's baby shower - and he turned to his girlfriend and said "this one is coming to my office, the baby has enough!" In other words, I think I need to make him one in more masculine colors!

Well, I suppose I need to get busy - will report in later with pics.

btw, I chose the same colors as Chris, since I loved it so much, but I want to play around with how I arrange them to see what different look I can get out of it. I am not sure which RR I will do yet either. Maybe I will try the Aztec Sun. I'll play around with it and figure it out.

btw, I chose the same colors as Chris, since I loved it so much, but I want to play around with how I arrange them to see what different look I can get out of it. I am not sure which RR I will do yet either. Maybe I will try the Aztec Sun. I'll play around with it and figure it out.

That's the beauty of this pattern, just by changing the color layout, the thickness of the stripes, or the number of points,and even the border you get very different looking ghans. I think Aggie May could be right, rr's will eventually take over the world!!!:D

nice color combination on each of yours rrs. What is the stitch on the border of the the princess rr?

So...I decided to do the Aztec Sun a while back. I was going to do it in Bright Yellow, Turqua and Banana Berry RHSS. Then I changed the third color to Spring Green. After seeing so many of your 6/12/24 afghans, I liked the way many of you were using another color to edge each section. So I brought back the Banana Berry for the edge color.

I wasn't sure if it was working, because where the yellow and green areas of the Banana Berry are, it sort of fades away and doesn't look like all the edge is there. But I continued on til the next set of points started.

I love the way the colors look together, but this edge thing has got me bothered. I am still not sure what to do. Keep going, or Let er Rip?

AztecSun-2.jpg

Sorry if the picture is too big. When I edited it down to the size it is supposed to be on Photobucket, I clicked the right size, but somehow it still looks too big.

I just finished a 12 rr using banana berry as the main color, and I second guessed it from start to finish. It seems like a hard one to judge the color combination. I really liked the end result, but I kept asking everyone around me if it looked okay. DH said he would be glad when I finished it because he was tired of me asking,lol. He also said he didn't like it when I started it, but that it turned out okay...he wasn't sure about the color either

I like your colors and look forward to seeing your progress, especially since we are doing the same pattern. I didn't realize so many others were doing the aztec sun pattern, good to know I am not alone with this pattern

Im definitely in... need to pick my colors and then I'll jump in when I get back from vaca. -wont be back til 3/12. dont leave til tues, but i dont think I'll get it started. need to finish the blue, pack, mani/pedi....too much other excitement. when i get home I can focus and get serious. I cant wait to start it now. :clap:clap Feeling VERY inspired.:yay:woo:woo

Ok I couldnt wait and just had to start.:crocheting

Sue hope you dont mind that I copied your color rows and doing the same pattern, but I just really liked yours. Im making mine in dark and light pink and its for my daughter who will be 11 on the 26/3.

Im already up to the part where you add more points.:yay

th_roundripple.jpg

This looks so pretty. I love the colors.

All I can say is "WOW"! Everyone's pics are great! I love what you are all doing. Donna, your pineapple is beautiful! I had hoped to have an update of my ghan tonight, but I wasn't home most of the day and it was too dark for a pic by the time I did get home, so hopefully tomorrow. It's almost done!:cheer

I can't wait to see your picture.

So, Donna... From what I saw a rr will be a walk in the park even with your eyes closed! ;) That is truely a work of love! It is Beee U T ful! :manyheart I love pineapples and that will be my next quest after I get the rr down! Thank you for sharing!

Sue the pineapple wasn't that hard. I've always enjoyed working on them. That's actually what I learned to crochet with the very first time I started crocheting. I learned on pineapple doilies.

Monica, your ripples are so pretty. I really like the border on the pink one. Great work on them all. I just know this new one will be just as pretty as the others.

Im lost, I cant seem to do this adding of the points. It looks easy enough but I just cant do it.:(

I'm not even going to try - Sticking with the pattern from Sew On Fire...

I took one day off of the computer so I could finish some squares I had promised and I come back to find these gorgeous pictures of everyone's afghans:yay. Everyone's is so pretty:manyheart. I'm way behind on mine and probably won't be able to get started again until next week.:ohdear The friends we have been helping to get moved by painting and :construct are doing the final move this weekend so that's where I will be shortly. I just wanted to jump on the computer and see what was going on with everyone's ghans.

Monica: The very first ripple I did several months ago was your Sunshine Round Ripple pattern. I found the pattern while looking for the 6 to 24 star pattern and decided to try it and it came out beautiful, so thank you for getting me started on RR.:hug

Sue: Your enthusiam is wonderful :cheerand no I am not tired of your color combination, I think it's great. :yes I want to know what color purple it is. I just know when you get your ghan done it will be beautiful. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished. Oh, I also wanted to mention, that I too took up knitting when I learned to crochet and I also didn't like the 2 needles vs the one hook. I've thought of going back and giving it another try but :no.

Can I cry on your shoulder? Last night I ran out of yarn in the middle of a round so I joined a ball of the same color and finished it. Today I got my ghan out and the colors were different. It is Red Heart Bright yellow super saver which is supposed to be no dye lot so the colors should be the same right? Well I had to frog the entire round and re do the over 700 stitches in that round. It breaks my heart!! I am looking for a number to call the people at red heart(coats and clark) and complain. there are also little white fibers in the yarn which I didn't notice before. I am very disappointed!

wendy

Can I cry on your shoulder? Last night I ran out of yarn in the middle of a round so I joined a ball of the same color and finished it. Today I got my ghan out and the colors were different. It is Red Heart Bright yellow super saver which is supposed to be no dye lot so the colors should be the same right? Well I had to frog the entire round and re do the over 700 stitches in that round. It breaks my heart!! I am looking for a number to call the people at red heart(coats and clark) and complain. there are also little white fibers in the yarn which I didn't notice before. I am very disappointed!

wendy

I learned - the hard way - that htere is no such thing as No Dye Lot - even with white, if you can believe it!

I'm sorry you had to go through all that....:hug

Archived