Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

What I was told was to do the middle star very tight or just use a smaller hook. I used like a D and am now using a G. I heard it buckled so I did that from the beginning. Is the very middle buckling or the edges? If the edges, then I have been bringing in a little tighter in the valleys... Other than that, I don't know.

:eek To frog or not to frog :yuck

Maybe I'll just start off with another and see where that leads me. If it starts off well then I'll continue that and frog the other. Oh well, the woes of a crocheter.:hook But I must not despair....I'm determined to do this RR.

Thx for the suggestion!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donna hello nice to see you over here glad you are joining.

Sue and sister you two are gonna have to go to your rooms for arguing and in a minute Im gonna call your mom ROTFL.

Sue what you mean suck it up and take it with me like I need another travel along craft ROTFL.

Well Im still in the same place I was 3 days ago havnt done a lick of nothing, I will have my camera battery tomorrow so i can at least show a pic that I have really started lol.

Everyone that has showed pictures they look great I love em. Keep up the great work.

I just thought I would take a break since I just frogged 3 rows and am very frustrated right now... I just wanted to say that I have learned a lot about rr doing this.

1- count all the time... EmoticonTheWave.gif

2- look over your work often angle.gif

and,

3- plan color patterns before you start... duh.gif

All of you have really helped me in keeping going... I am getting tired of looking at either purple or green... BUT I have ideas for another one. It is nice to take a break from my little critters.

What I have really enjoyed is seeing how many color and pattern variations are possible when we are all doing rr...

So, enough of my getting windy. I am sure y'all hate when I post since I have only been able to get on here once a day since the beginning of the week and my posts are either long or plentiful. It is just that I know all the hard work everyone is doing and am very grateful that everyone is sharing!

So... here is the ditty of the week...

Count 2, 3, 4 Up down a little more

5, 6, 7, 8 hopefully I'll get it straight

Change the colors, lay it flat

count some more, that's where its at

:eek To frog or not to frog :yuck

Maybe I'll just start off with another and see where that leads me. If it starts off well then I'll continue that and frog the other. Oh well, the woes of a crocheter.:hook But I must not despair....I'm determined to do this RR.

Thx for the suggestion!

That sounds like a plan to me... I actually have about 4 of the little stars that I didn't end up using. So, good luck and

Everybody sing... A frogging we will go...

a frogging we will go...

Hi ho the merrio...

a frogging we will go...

Donna hello nice to see you over here glad you are joining.

Sue and sister you two are gonna have to go to your rooms for arguing and in a minute Im gonna call your mom ROTFL.

Sue what you mean suck it up and take it with me like I need another travel along craft ROTFL.

Well Im still in the same place I was 3 days ago havnt done a lick of nothing, I will have my camera battery tomorrow so i can at least show a pic that I have really started lol.

Everyone that has showed pictures they look great I love em. Keep up the great work.

I can't wait to see yours Andrea! I wish the camera had a rechargable battery! It has gotten to where I feel so guilty if my hands are not doing something all the time. Watching a movie means listening really. So hats off to you for not picking it up for 3 whole days!

I guess baby EmoticonPaci.gif Melissa and I had better bury the hatchet... I know I don't want to be in the corner, especially with HER! :P

So what else do you take with you?? I just bought a bag at WalMart for a whopping $10 that the bottom snaps up to make the bag smaller and bigger as needed. It has worked out wonderful since I can adjust the size accordingly.

Oh, Sue and Jeannie, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started this. I can't tell you how many times I have frogged. AND I WAS COUNTING!!! Apparently I can't count beyond 20. I thought maybe more points would be better as I wouldn't have to count so high, guess not. I am determined to finish this beast, but I doubt I'll be doing another RR anytime soon. I guess ripples are still my nemisis. And to think, some people LOVE to do ripples.

Micky, your RR is lovely! Good luck with the 6-24. Maybe by the time you finish it I will have finished my measly 8 point.

I can't wait to see yours Andrea! I wish the camera had a rechargable battery! It has gotten to where I feel so guilty if my hands are not doing something all the time. Watching a movie means listening really. So hats off to you for not picking it up for 3 whole days!

I guess baby EmoticonPaci.gif Melissa and I had better bury the hatchet... I know I don't want to be in the corner, especially with HER! :P

So what else do you take with you?? I just bought a bag at WalMart for a whopping $10 that the bottom snaps up to make the bag smaller and bigger as needed. It has worked out wonderful since I can adjust the size accordingly.

hehehe baby pfft lol jk ill go to the corner if i can take my crochet with me roflol and umm you didnt buy me a bag like that:eek

Micky your RR is beautiful. I like the black in between, sort of like a stained glass. :yes

I've added on my dark green. Just have to do the 5 or 6 rows of that and the next set of points go on. I'll try to get another picture after the points are added on.

Well,,I've posted a pic of my RR on my blog cause I havent quite mastered the art of posting in the Ville,,,I'll work on that. I frogged the first one:rofl but now that Ive got the hang of it, I think my next one will be nicer. I really need to think about my color pattern ahead of time. I was just winging it here, but had I really thought about it, I'd have done it differently. Not bad for a first try though right??? still have a ways to go, but I'm happy :yes:yes I'll go reread the instructions for posting photos & hopefully get a pic in show&tell Wish me luck :)

Micky, your RR is lovely! Good luck with the 6-24. Maybe by the time you finish it I will have finished my measly 8 point.

Thank you. I am sure you will have yours done in no time.

Micky your RR is beautiful. I like the black in between, sort of like a stained glass. :yes

Thanks. It does look black, but it's actually Deep Plum Heather. A very dark color in the purple tones.

:devil

Well,,I've posted a pic of my RR on my blog cause I havent quite mastered the art of posting in the Ville,,,I'll work on that. I frogged the first one:rofl but now that Ive got the hang of it, I think my next one will be nicer. I really need to think about my color pattern ahead of time. I was just winging it here, but had I really thought about it, I'd have done it differently. Not bad for a first try though right??? still have a ways to go, but I'm happy :yes:yes I'll go reread the instructions for posting photos & hopefully get a pic in show&tell Wish me luck :)

i love the colors you are doing awesome

Hi All! Since I don't know how you respond to so many posts all in one (does that even make sense?) let me just say to everyone that has posted pics that your RR are gorgeous! I'm still working on baby rr #2. This one is taking much longer as I'm using simply soft and instead of baby clouds and a much smaller hook! Plus I've only been getting about 2 rounds done a day, ugh! Trying to get caught up on some other things in between....I'll try to post a pic a little latter on. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! :hook

I finished my regular rr, so now I can get back to my 6 - 24.

0223080142.jpg

Oh, Micky... That is so pretty! Truely a work of art! :2rock

Oh, Sue and Jeannie, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started this. I can't tell you how many times I have frogged. AND I WAS COUNTING!!! Apparently I can't count beyond 20. I thought maybe more points would be better as I wouldn't have to count so high, guess not. I am determined to finish this beast, but I doubt I'll be doing another RR anytime soon. I guess ripples are still my nemisis. And to think, some people LOVE to do ripples.

Susan... :hug It will be okay! :yes I just frogged a bunch of mine yet I am back crocheting this morning! Oh, and if I do make a little boo boo where I count and there are too many stitches,,, I just dec and if not enough on that one side, I increase. It isn't looking bad, it isn't perfect, it is a learning project for me and I can say you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! :hook So, I know you can do this just by what I have seen you do already! We are here rooting for you :cheer:cheer and know the trials you are going through. Maybe reread where we were just starting this and how we at our ages can still throw temper tantrums! ;) I look at mine and want to just tie if off and give it to a little girl for a dolly blanket right now but NO... we will finish this...

hehehe baby pfft lol jk ill go to the corner if i can take my crochet with me roflol and umm you didnt buy me a bag like that:eek
Goofy Melissa, I was asking Andrea what else she takes with her to do while out and about. I was also letting her know about my new bag I bought myself... didn't say I bought it for a spoiled little brat like you! :devil Where is DH btw? Did he take off again already?

I've added on my dark green. Just have to do the 5 or 6 rows of that and the next set of points go on. I'll try to get another picture after the points are added on.

Donna, Looking forward to the pics! I just know it will look so nice!

Christine, What I do is right click on my photo that is posted somewhere online, click on properties, copy the properties, go to your post and click on the "insert image" above (little pic with mountains and sun) and paste it there. It should already have the http:\\ in front of it, so just take out that part before you copy or just copy over it. Just make sure you resize your photo you are posting online first. Can't wait to see them!

Hi All! Since I don't know how you respond to so many posts all in one (does that even make sense?) let me just say to everyone that has posted pics that your RR are gorgeous! I'm still working on baby rr #2. This one is taking much longer as I'm using simply soft and instead of baby clouds and a much smaller hook! Plus I've only been getting about 2 rounds done a day, ugh! Trying to get caught up on some other things in between....I'll try to post a pic a little latter on. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! :hook
Can't wait to see your pics Ann!

I also hope everyone has a GREAT weekend. I plan on posting a pic tonight or tomorrow night, depending on how much I get done. Tata

Oh, Micky... That is so pretty! Truely a work of art! :2rock

Susan... :hug It will be okay! :yes I just frogged a bunch of mine yet I am back crocheting this morning! Oh, and if I do make a little boo boo where I count and there are too many stitches,,, I just dec and if not enough on that one side, I increase. It isn't looking bad, it isn't perfect, it is a learning project for me and I can say you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! :hook So, I know you can do this just by what I have seen you do already! We are here rooting for you :cheer:cheer and know the trials you are going through. Maybe reread where we were just starting this and how we at our ages can still throw temper tantrums! ;) I look at mine and want to just tie if off and give it to a little girl for a dolly blanket right now but NO... we will finish this...

Goofy Melissa, I was asking Andrea what else she takes with her to do while out and about. I was also letting her know about my new bag I bought myself... didn't say I bought it for a spoiled little brat like you! :devil Where is DH btw? Did he take off again already?

Donna, Looking forward to the pics! I just know it will look so nice!

Christine, What I do is right click on my photo that is posted somewhere online, click on properties, copy the properties, go to your post and click on the "insert image" above (little pic with mountains and sun) and paste it there. It should already have the http:\\ in front of it, so just take out that part before you copy or just copy over it. Just make sure you resize your photo you are posting online first. Can't wait to see them!

Can't wait to see your pics Ann!

I also hope everyone has a GREAT weekend. I plan on posting a pic tonight or tomorrow night, depending on how much I get done. Tata

ugh not yet although i have news about our next post and when i get confirmation ill tell you the awful news till then im staying positive by not saying it outloud ugh hubby was out in yard cutting my crape merdals or however you spell that now we are off for sushi hugssssssssssssssssssssss

ugh not yet although i have news about our next post and when i get confirmation ill tell you the awful news till then im staying positive by not saying it outloud ugh hubby was out in yard cutting my crape merdals or however you spell that now we are off for sushi hugssssssssssssssssssssss

Tell DH hello and enjoy your :yuck sushi! I am crossing my fingers :xfin that you are moving here! We have plenty of room and bases in NC!

th_Picture058.jpg

th_Picture055.jpg

Hello everyone,

The camera is fixed and here is the progress so far.

Im making this afghan as a wedding gift, and the bride to be picked Cheryl's design (from Tame My Mind) and wanted it like hers. So this is my attempt to make something similar. The color reproduction is washed out. I wish I show you all how vivid it all is. Makes me smile :)

Hi :)

Amazing! They all are stunning....so many different styles and yet so beautiful. Here is my progress:

P1010018-1.jpg

Keep up the great work :cheer

Angela

Aggie May - if you read this - I tried the 'D' trick you mentioned......it's deefinitely not having that shape *sigh* ...it curves in. Oh well, a lesson learned. I don't think my sister will mind. I will pay closer attention next time. Thank you again for the pattern.

th_Picture058.jpg

th_Picture055.jpg

Hello everyone,

The camera is fixed and here is the progress so far.

Im making this afghan as a wedding gift, and the bride to be picked Cheryl's design (from Tame My Mind) and wanted it like hers. So this is my attempt to make something similar. The color reproduction is washed out. I wish I show you all how vivid it all is. Makes me smile :)

Picking colors and schemes really makes these look so different and they all seem to have their own personalities... Your wonderful rr, Lisa, conveys to me warmth and a huge cuddle feeling... something like a hug waiting to happen. I really like the colors and having them spaced out more I think gives it a more calming effect! Nice work!

Hi :)

Amazing! They all are stunning....so many different styles and yet so beautiful. Here is my progress:

P1010018-1.jpg

Keep up the great work :cheer

Angela

As you see here Angela's beauty has very bright colors that are much more varied and the width of each color is closer to the next. I feel this one is more like a carnival... upbeat, happy, exciting.

Anyway, that is what they convey to me... I just love all the variations! Everyone is doing such nice work! ..fwp-smiley-04.gif

Angela and Lisa they are both looking so pretty. Great job on the colors with it.

Mine is starting to pucker. I noticed I think Sue said to change hook sizes after the center star. So I'm going to go ahead and try that now. Maybe that and steam ironing will get it set straight. I'm still working on it. I have one or two rows of the green left before I have to add the points.

Archived