Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

I think I've got it figured out now... even did a test & DH looked from his HP and saw it. thought my problem was my Macbook but it was me. duh.. What do you think? It's even clickable YAY or me:clap:clap:clap:clap

th_DSC00120.jpg

Christine... that so to die for! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sue,,, thank you so much for your help - and everyone else - as i struggled to post my photos... got the hang of it now. glad you like my work. Im really pleased with it... :yay

Hi all,

Wow the pictures of your rr WIP's are great

I haven't been able to work on mine for a week or so with sick kids and sp stuff,

The baby started walking this week and I am going crazy trying to keep up with him.

I'll try to post my progress soon

I haven't gotten much done this week. I have been fighting a return of my cold. I'll try to find the camera for a picture.

I have a question. I got a bunch of Patons Be Mine yarn at Big Lots for a $1 a skein. It is a bulky 5 weight yarn. What size hook would you recommend for a round ripple?

wendy

I haven't gotten much done this week. I have been fighting a return of my cold. I'll try to find the camera for a picture.

I have a question. I got a bunch of Patons Be Mine yarn at Big Lots for a $1 a skein. It is a bulky 5 weight yarn. What size hook would you recommend for a round ripple?

wendy

Usually bulky yarn works well with a K hook....check the suggestion on the label. If you crochet tightly you might want to go up a size...same thing if you crochet loosely - then you go down a size.

i had to rip out 6 rows of my 5 point star last night. so frustrated right now. I know that i have to count every section on every row. it had been doing so well that i stopped and when i went back to check it i was a horrible mess. not just off a few stitchs. i mostly left them off on the ends at the points. lesson learned. i keep a pad and pencil near by count and mark off every stitch.

I think I have it. I just tossed all the patterns. Ugh, nothing was working right. So once I started winging it, it's moving along. Will post pictures when I get home, if I remember to download them. :lol

Thanks for the compliments. I wasn't sure I liked how the points looked but once I put the green on it started looking better. I might add the next color in today. We'll see. I can't add the next dark green on till I hit the HL for some more. I seriously doubt I have enough of that green for a section.

I've wanted to make this one for years. May just have to get materials and try it. Would be great to have friends to help along the way.LOL :yes Angie

Well come on... Grab your hook and join on in! We have plenty of room.

Well I just found a little over half a skien of HL ILTY in the same color dark green as I was using. If there is a difference in color it's so tiny I barely notice it. Since the two types won't be touching themselves I'm going to go ahead and try it. So now I'll be able to continue on till my next point addition :clap

Lisa, Donna, & Wendy... Your afghans are all just lovely!

Donna, I really like the colors and I agree, until you get the border on there, it does look a little like just points hanging there. Great work! :clap

Wendy, Go Steelers Go :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

It is GREAT looking and will be a smash with other Steeler fans!

Lisa, I just love your colors! It is one of the huggable afghans... So inviting to wrap up in. :c9

Aimee - Just toss that pattern and do what makes sense! It is much more less stressful.

Beth - Just rip it... rip it good... sung to Devo's whip it! I found a mess too but was able to correct it.

Judy - I am where you are... not wanting to put the 2nd set of points on.

I have actually started a new rr to ease my stress off of this one. Crocheting is so soothing to me... I fall asleep with hook in hand most every night it relaxes me so. Now, however, I just want to bunch up mine and toss it or give it to someone with a dog for a little rug for them. I don't like it at all and want to start over... I just might before I get too far along. I have other thoughts in my head about other ripples and thus am trying to find out how they are USUALLY done since the 6pt 12pt 24 pt pattern is not how an average ripple is made.

So I may start posting a different pic than the one you have been seeing. Just an FYI so you don't think you are crazy seeing one that is not like the other! :devil

Well I just found a little over half a skien of HL ILTY in the same color dark green as I was using. If there is a difference in color it's so tiny I barely notice it. Since the two types won't be touching themselves I'm going to go ahead and try it. So now I'll be able to continue on till my next point addition :clap

Yay for stashes... and the hindsight of knowing you will need an extra skein someday... :yay or at least the yarn fairy granted you the wish and "poof" there it was... :yarn

Archived