Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just finished the first band of color that "covers" the first set of extra points. I still love the colors, but am still not thrilled that the border color (banana berry) is fading into the yellow and green. I think it looks OK on the yellow, but the next band is green and I am still a little concerned. But I am not giving up!

AztecSun also has the petal shaped points...and has the SC,HDC, and DC combination at the lower end of the "petals," creating the shape. After the points, it alternates this pattern with a row of 4 decreases in the valley. Unlike the "regular" RR, you can't just go ahead and do it without the pattern...you have to follow the pattern for each row.

So far, so good. It may take a bit longer til my next "milestone" as the rows are getting bigger now.

AztecSun2.jpg

AztecSun3.jpg

That is just so pretty. I really like the colors. What yarn are you using.

If I finish with a round of sc will that help my points lie flatter?

I found that my points tend to frill due to excessive yarn in the bottom of the valleys. I have tightened up my valleys a little more each round and am still doing fine. I just feel that I have a tiger that is just dying to get out and I have to constantly watch it! :lol If you do the sc tight around the points, they may curl, so beware.

Sue thanks for all your help. Mine at the moment doesnt ruffle but Im doing one row with 2dc ch2 2dc then 2 rows with 3dc ch2 3dc on the points. So far so good
:yay:yay:yay

I have completed the extra points. yippee.:yay I will have an update photo on friday to show you all.

Just one more thing once you have done the points do you go right round with the other color or just over the points

That is your own personal preference. I used a the same color that I went around just before I added the points and then once more after. It did make my old points have a double row of the same color where the new ones only had 1 row.

I just gave an rr to my 5 y/o grandson last week. He loved it!

It was wild! I made it in Spiderman colors. Got the pattern from Crochet Central.

To make it lay flat, do 2 rounds of corners 2sc,ch2, 2sc - then one round of corners with 1sc, ch2, 1sc.

I blocked it when I finished outside on my hamock. I had to flod this one in half so it wouldn't hand over the sides.

Thankx for the help! So... where is a pic of the Spiderman??? :yes

Oh Monica

Its beautiful.

..and than you all for the kind words

half of the last set of points are on - whheeeeeee

Go Lisa.. Go Lisa.. Go Lisa.. You go girl!

Everyone's pics look great. Mine however looks like poop lol. I thought I was doing well and then here the center is all bow looking not laying flat at all so I may just scrap it. Im still trying to get my camera working I have no clue why it still wont hook up to the cpu, I have a letter to the kodak ppl requesting help with it. Keep up the great work everyone.
:hugIs there a way to tighten it up on the sides with teeny little stitches to bring the valleys together better?

I just finished the first band of color that "covers" the first set of extra points. I still love the colors, but am still not thrilled that the border color (banana berry) is fading into the yellow and green. I think it looks OK on the yellow, but the next band is green and I am still a little concerned. But I am not giving up!

So far, so good. It may take a bit longer til my next "milestone" as the rows are getting bigger now.

Ex-FM aka WM, I still like the colors as well! As far as that milesstone... I have almost my last set of new points on... which is taking FOREVER... So I know what you mean about going around!

So together now...

Here we go round the round ripple again... the round ripple again.. the round ripple again... Here we go round the round ripple again, so late in the evening...

LittleBoyBlueSmall.jpg

It's done - and I wrote up the pattern too:

Little Boy Blue 8 Point Round Ripple Baby Afghan

Very pretty Monica! I just knew you would fit in here with us!

Finally here is a pic. of my progress so far it has been slow going this last week i hope i get finished soon

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/lovewithcorgi/P1010366.jpg

I just love the colors Beth! I have never seen a 5 point star afghan before! It is really pretty!

I just reread what I wrote and I sound like I know what I am talking about! :lol I guess I have frogged enough to tell you what I have done to fix mine. Can't wait to show y'all some pics! I think the new points are coming along nicely, if not slowly... I am going to make another afghan for a girl at work, like I said and since no-one put in their 2 cents, I went ahead and got the yarn today... it is stashed at work :devil It is that baby yarn that has the little white shiney thread through it. I got the mint, light blue, yellow, varigated, and purple. It looks nice from what I have done so far... but I am just piddling to see what type of afghan I want to do with it. OH, and then... Hobby Lobby has their Frosting yarn on sale... and yeppers.. I did! 17 skeins! :devil I am thinking of an afghan with it too! Oh well... I am a good girl and still haven't had a cigarette for 1 year this week, so I am celebrating!

I can't decide if I should ignore the rufflely-ness or start over again. I know what I'll do different for the next one (or 2). I also have learned that I like Caron Perfect Match better than Red Heart for this. The CPM seems a bit thicker.

Beth, your 5 star is so pretty! I love the colors!

Waiting for pics of the spidermanghan and steelerghan!

Sue, waiting for your pics too! And congrats on not smoking for 1 year! :cheer

FootballMom, I love the colors of you afghan! Very pretty!

I've got several in mind and can't decide which I want to start next, lol! I'm thinking of a spiderman for my grandson for Christmas and Gene's (CrochetDad's) 9 Pointed Popcorn RR for my youngest son and DIL. Then of course, the challenge of a 6 to 24 point is still haunting me, lol!

Is it too late to join I have been following this cal for awhile and everyones rounds and stars are beautiful i haven't done an afghan in years cause i get bored and need instant gratification but since Aggie May sent me her round ripple i think i will start there, her pattern is easy to follow and beautiful. I would eventually like to try a star, maybe by the time i am done with the round someone will gift me a 6 point star. I think i can figure out how to increase by what you all have said here. I will take pics tonight of my start. My colors are dusty rose, country blue and burgundy and a little white one of the colors is a variegated.

Is it too late to join I have been following this cal for awhile... My colors are dusty rose, country blue and burgundy and a little white one of the colors is a variegated.

We would like to welcome Marnie

In this St Patrick's Month of Blarny

To the round ripple CAL with us

where we love to make a fuss

Over everyone's pictures of round ripples

and talk about bowl and dimples

that we try not to have in our work so dear

but us newbies, it seems, it is not just a fear.

For us to see yours, you can no longer lurk

for we love to see everyone's patterns and work

Marnie, as you see, it is not too late to join this CAL

For your name is already down in the list, you silly GAL!

Welcome Marnie! :cheer Hip Hip Hoorah...:cheer Hip Hip Hoorah... :cheer

I just LOVE those colors Marnie... can't wait to see some pics!

I can't decide if I should ignore the rufflely-ness or start over again. I know what I'll do different for the next one (or 2). I also have learned that I like Caron Perfect Match better than Red Heart for this. The CPM seems a bit thicker.

Aimee,

How bad is it? I just started over, as you know... and I now know how to correct most anything! Thankx to Colleen... I am constantly folding it in half to make sure all is okay. I am doing something on every row... The next one is not going to be done in front posts. I really do like the texture of it though.

I finished my Steelerghan last night. did 3 rounds of sc to finish it off. I will attempt to take a picture but it roughly measured 75" point to point.

Off to plan the next one!!!!

So Wendy... You do you have my address, right? Can't wait to see my new Steelerghan! Oh boy! :devil

If I have missed you, could you please repost your rr pic so I can put it next to your name on the list? I will put it in photobucket so that it is, hopefully, clickable!

Please put the pic, name of pattern, and any other info about the rr or reg ripple that you think would be of interest. I am going back over the earlier pics to try to find everyones! If I do miss yours, please just repost or tell me where to go to get it!

Thank you! :D

th_3starhalfdonebest.jpg

Just to get things started... here is mine Oh and clickable too! :D

I am in the middle of adding my last set of points, as you see. I am reversing the color pattern too. Wanted to wait to show pics but I think we need some inspiration going on! We are all at the... this is taking forever... place and need to get back into the swing of things! :yes

So show your most resent pics!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

th_3starhalfdonebest.jpg

I am in the middle of adding my last set of points, as you see. I am reversing the color pattern too. Wanted to wait to show pics but I think we need some inspiration going on! We are all at the... this is taking forever... place and need to get back into the swing of things! :yes

Sue that is just beautiful.:clap

Aimee,

How bad is it? I just started over, as you know... and I now know how to correct most anything! Thankx to Colleen... I am constantly folding it in half to make sure all is okay. I am doing something on every row... The next one is not going to be done in front posts. I really do like the texture of it though.

I am going to try one more color section with some tweaking and see if that improves it. It's not that bad and it's going to my brother, so... it will probably spend the next 20 years in a ball.

I know what I will do differently for my son's Venom (black Spiderman) RR and for my own RR. :D

th_3starhalfdonebest.jpg

Sue, it is absolutely beautiful. :c9

I haven't posted any pics cause I'm still working on trying to figure out how. I really haven't spent much time trying to figure it out due to some other commitments. Unfortunately I was laid off a few months ago and most of my time is being spent looking for a job:eek.

I have to say this site has been a God send :manyheart. I love seeing everyone's projects and everyone is so helpful when you have a question. When I'm down I just come here and listening to everyone and it lifts me up. Thank you all :hug

I will resume working on this afghan soon but I have to get some rectangles made first. The rectangles are easy to do in between other things, unlike the star afghan which requires my total concentration:scrachin I've been listening to everyone's advice since mine seems to have started puckering now. Hopefully I can stop it :lol.

Keep those beautiful pictures coming as they are certainly an inspiration:clap.

th_3starhalfdonebest.jpg

:yayI love it! You have done beautifully, and the colors seem to be showing up better now - it looks purple. Thanks for sharing!

th_3starhalfdonebest.jpg

:2rockIt is looking so awesome!!!

Just about 3 more rows to go on mine!:elle

Angela

I have finished putting on my last set of points! :yay I trimmed in green and will do the next 4 rows in purple and then 4 in green then I will trim it off! Not as big as I planned at 1st but doing it in front post stitches has made it a little heavier and thicker. I am dying from heat having this thing on me! DH is getting cold from the open window I have next to me when I am crocheting!

th_3starallpointsdone027.jpg

Sue that is just beautiful.:clap

Thank you so much Wendy!

Sue your ghan is Beautiful!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Thank you kindly Ann!

I am going to try one more color section with some tweaking and see if that improves it. It's not that bad and it's going to my brother, so... it will probably spend the next 20 years in a ball.

I know what I will do differently for my son's Venom (black Spiderman) RR and for my own RR. :D

I am thinking of doing one for my little nephew for Christmas! I have new ideas too!

Sue, it is absolutely beautiful. :c9

I haven't posted any pics cause I'm still working on trying to figure out how. I really haven't spent much time trying to figure it out due to some other commitments. Unfortunately I was laid off a few months ago and most of my time is being spent looking for a job:eek.

I have to say this site has been a God send :manyheart. I love seeing everyone's projects and everyone is so helpful when you have a question. When I'm down I just come here and listening to everyone and it lifts me up. Thank you all :hug

I will resume working on this afghan soon but I have to get some rectangles made first. The rectangles are easy to do in between other things, unlike the star afghan which requires my total concentration:scrachin I've been listening to everyone's advice since mine seems to have started puckering now. Hopefully I can stop it :lol.

Keep those beautiful pictures coming as they are certainly an inspiration:clap.

Thank you for your compliment Pat! I know that when mine puckered it was due to the middle being a lot looser or having too many stitches than the points I put on. I tried to make the outside looser to releave the obvious crowding in the middle causing the puckering but that made it worse. This current one had the middle crocheted very tightly and the farther out I go the larger the hook I am using. Starting it tight was the trick for me but then I did start over twice!

So, Pat... My company is always hiring so move down south Girl! I am even helping a girl in my group learn to crochet and she is also from Jersey! :D

I am glad that we lighten your day! This seems like just such a small thing compared to what you are going through! My prayers for you and your family to get you back to work, paying excessive taxes, putting high priced gas in your car that contributes to global warming, so that you can buy more yarn and crochet with us even more! :hugAs for your posting pics, PM me if you would like some help! :yes

:yayI love it! You have done beautifully, and the colors seem to be showing up better now - it looks purple. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Monica and I thought so too until I took the latest ones! Whatever... I will try to get some good ones once I am done though.

:2rockIt is looking so awesome!!!

Just about 3 more rows to go on mine!:elle

Angela

Thank you Angela! Can't wait to see yours once it is done too!

Actually can't wait to see ANYONE'S! Did we all get tired here and put them all up? Are we taking a break? Did we get burned out with all the stitches it takes now to do 1 row???? Well, get over it cuz it won't happen on its own AND you will just wad it up and put it in your WIP pile that will just sit there!

So Ladies... get that rr back out... grab your hook... and get ur done! That is what a CAL is about! Hence.. Crochet ALONG! Not a start along... not a I started, still read, but quit my own rr along! We are here to support each other... right? Everyone says how they like to see pics... I think mine looks a lot better now that I have more of it done... The colors are getting to me bad but then that just makes me want to finish it all the more!

So... Grab your 'ghans and grab your hooks

Quit giving me your dirty looks..

I am lonely in posting my round ripple pics...

Remember that crocheting is how you get your kicks!

We are all here together to get our ripples done,

Everyone seems to be slacking off so I am putting you under the gun.

If I don't see some pictures from those that are lazy,

I will certainly pull my hair out and act all crazy!

For those that are busy, it isn't hard for you,

if you carry your project and make a row or two.

Can it just be that you don't post pictures of your rr here

due to the fact that it has been in the closet rear?

Are other "Works in Progress" taking away

the time you used to spend on the rr every day?

Please come back and post to let us all know,

that you haven't given up, and a pic soon you will show:hook

Archived