2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished 2 skeins on my throw this afternoon. I love it. I'm using 2 strands of homespun and its growing very quickly. It's a bit smaller than an afghan. I still havent counted the balls in the bag from my mil yet,,,but I got some red and pinks in there for Valentine's hearts. :manyheart so I'm +4 for my throw - havent counted the bag from mil yet :yarn:yarn

Well, I had to go buy yarn for my next big project so I am in the hole. Not too bad considering, but still puts me negative for the first time. *sigh* Anyway, I am found out that Michael's had Patons Classic Wool on sale so I went and picked up 6 skeins of chestnut brown and 2 of teal to make the Crocheter's Messenger Bag from crochetkitten (-16 altogether). It called for bulky/fluffy yarn but I am not very good with that stuff so I am going to try 2 strands of wool instead. And depending on how it turns out, I will maybe try felting it. Have never felted anything before so that has me a little nervous, but I think I can handle it.

WTD: -15

Sara

Feeling blah today...might be getting a cold, that is how it usually starts...

worked on baby bunting and played with test squares, can't seem to get gauge right, think it may be my tension...

used 1/2 skein and 4 balls for a +5 today

I bought 3 skeins of Berella 4. These were the rest of the yarn I needed for a sweater (I bought the rest on the 31st!), so they were a planned buy, which is at least better than if I had bought all of the beautiful Paton's wool in dark green that was on clearance. Although, if it goes down any cheaper and no one's bought it yet...

+1 - I've had some yarn forever that I hate the color, so tomorrow morning it is off to Goodwill!

I used up a ball today on a remote control holder for my Mom. +1. :) I've even passed up a lot of skeins in the thrift store for 2 days now :lol trying real hard to be good.

I'm getting a cold so I only went to work and home. It snowed and the library and most of the small shops were closed so I didn't get to post. I'll add them to this week. I used up 1 skein and rolled 6 into balls (+8) and still needed more black. I went to Michael's to return 2 skeins (wrong color) and I only got the 1 skein black I needed (-2). The yarn was on sale but I was good. I had money left from the exchange and a 40% coupon, so I got a book I'd had my eye on. My score this week +6

Ellie 13

Why do I look at yarn on line during my breaks at work?? They really need to take the internet away from me! Was just looking at my favorite on line store and decided to click on her e-bay link (overstock):ebay. Dumb move on my part. She has 8 skeins of Paton's Melody at a super price and the right color for an afghan. And I only need 8 skeins of this for this afghan pattern. I am trying so hard not to click on that "BUY ME" button. Please, please help me!!:goodorbad

I thought I was doing good. I was crusing along on the baby afghan I bought yarn for. It was my first round ripple. Then I realized I bought way to much yarn...grrr...should have looked up the pattern before I went to the store. Then I realized that I bought 1 skein in the wrong dye lot. grrrr....then I realized after 2 days worth of work that I was doing it wrong. Mental note...if your going to the trouble of printing a pattern and following it, it helps to actually READ the pattern. I had to rip it back down to row 6. I was too disgusted last night to even look at it. I was even getting close it using up my first skein, and starting back toward the positive.

Not doing soo good this week, I had to kill some time after work last night so where do I go.....MICHAEL'S, not good when there is yarn on sale EVERYWHERE!!!! left with 12 skeins and 1 ball!!!!!!!! YIKES :eek

oh well, all but the ball was bought with a project in mind....it's just getting to those projects with everything else I have started!!!

so this puts me at wtd -25 ytd -32

and to think I did so well last week! the year is still young :hook

Why do I look at yarn on line during my breaks at work?? They really need to take the internet away from me! Was just looking at my favorite on line store and decided to click on her e-bay link (overstock):ebay. Dumb move on my part. She has 8 skeins of Paton's Melody at a super price and the right color for an afghan. And I only need 8 skeins of this for this afghan pattern. I am trying so hard not to click on that "BUY ME" button. Please, please help me!!:goodorbad

Remember...this is just a game :lol. I say if you really 'need' the yarn, get it! If it's more important to you to use up your stash then 'just say no'. (No offense to anyone, this is a GREAT game.)

I'm here not so much to use up all my yarn, but to use up or give away all the bits and odds and ends, and organize the rest and control what I buy. But if there is something I want or need to make, I'm getting the yarn for it.

Who could turn down yarn at a decent price? Yarn Yarn Yarn! :devil

Oh wait....:blush I'm supposed to be a good role model.... :think So buy the yarn but find several small balls and/or skeins in your stash and use them up on quick projects before the yarn gets to you or shortly after. Then the points equal out! :lol:devil:yes

I used up a ball today making a couple rectangles, I am rtrying very hard to get out of the negatives YTD before Saturday. I am not sure I am going to make it though as I have way too much housework to catch up on :lol. I may even have to fix a meal or two for my DH and DSD. But I will plug away and go searching for lots of small balls to use quickly:think

WTD 12

Archived