2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Score will be low this week , if not a zero. Just not in the mood to crochet or anything. Dad was buried today on a lovely hill, overlooking a brilliant area of trees.

It's going to be very hard to get back to normal again.

:manyheart

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made some more pumpkin pins. My neighbor said she's going to A.C. Moore and will get me the pin backs. I finished 2 more spiders and made another Christmas stocking. Used up 2 balls (+ 2) :cheer.

Tia, if you PM an address, I'll send you the Claret :devil.

WTD Score: + 5

Ellie 13

Score will be low this week , if not a zero. Just not in the mood to crochet or anything. Dad was buried today on a lovely hill, overlooking a brilliant area of trees.

It's going to be very hard to get back to normal again.

Been keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

We are here for you.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

A hug and prayers for you Linda from me.

Some of the yarn (two cones) I ordered to finish my king size blanket showed up, so thats -8 for the week so far, but I might break at least one of them before Saturday.

Just to bring me out of a crochet funk, I bought three skeins of yarn today at HL. I threw out a ball because of the spider, so I am at

-5 for the week.

Thank you for all the kind words. I couldn't imagine the pain I am feeling.

Haven't been here for a week. So sorry to hear abut your dad, Linda. My heart goes out to you.:heart:hug

Oh, and I hate spiders, too.

Last weekend the weather was perfect for crocheting (mid-October-like/rainy), so I sat myself down for 4+ hours and did my first daisy square for Krystal :jumpyay

I think it turned out pretty well. It's been posted it in the Members Daisy SQUARES book under photos on her Yahoo site. Sent out on Thursday.

Didn't bust any stash doing that, but did manage to use three balls on another project and rolled one for +4

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL:

WTD: +4/YTD: -7

Silver medal for stashbusting 08/24/08 (How long does one rest on one's laurels?)

I finished my microspun shawl, finally! That yarn is splitty, the pattern was very boring, and I had to make myself work on it, but now that it's done, I absolutely love it, so soft and silky... Any way, I finished another skein for that, and rolled two skeins into balls working on a hat. I'm adding +4 to my WTD for +17. My YTD is -159.

Linda - So sorry to hear about your dad. Please know that prayers have been said for you and your family.:hug:hug:hug

Crochet wise - I was able to clean up my crochet corner this week :clap by sending off 70 - 5" squares to another member of our charity group. She will crochet them together and send off to one of our charities. Then, I was able to complete (all but the edging) of yo yoghan #10.:cheer Hope to get this done over the weekend. Then a box will be mailed to the infusion center with 2 lapghans for the kids. Sounds like a lot was accomplished, but my WTD score ended up being only +1. Still aiming to get back to -200 before the end of October.

I didn't do much :crocheting yesterday. My witch pattern is not working out (keep frogging), maybe I should start with the hat and broom. I'm at my parents and will spend most of today visiting. Maybe I'll get something done on the ride home.

WTD Score: + 7

Ellie 13

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the words of kindness this week. It will be a while, before things are back to normal.

WTD =-5

I'll try to use up what I bought this week making Christmas potholders for the sil's. I just needed some yarn to make me feel better.

Archived