Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished high school in 1980. That seems such a long time ago. Dad was really strict and we werent allowed to wear tight things or jeans etc. He didnt even like makeup, well once we were 18 he couldnt do anything about it of course.

Becki Im glad that helped you. Cant wait to see what colors your going to use. Im still deciding which colors at the moment.

Judy I might do a 3sub bag as well. I have a lot of scrap yarn here and I could just pick out all the bright stuff and see how that goes. What size hook do you use for a 3sub.

Wendy, depends how tight your crochet. I have used an N or a P - if you want the stitches to be tight, I guess as low as you can work with would be the way to do it. I may try the N since I crochet tightly.

I can see it now: 2 giant 3strand granny squares for the sides of a bag...maybe smaller (or rectangular ones) for the side panels.

I DID collect all my fun fur (in addition to my WW odds and ends) - 'cause I was thinking of that rainbow rug pattern someone posted...might make a good dog bed:D

Okay....I made through 11 pages of posts:eek. I kept trying to resist:goodorbad.......BUT....it just seems like to much fun to pass on:jumpyay. I think I'm gonna try for the Babette:2rock!!

:llama (<--just wanted to use this one :lol)

Got my Groovy Scarf started. I decided to go with granny daughters. Need to make 60 of them. I have six neat bright colors and then Ill need to decide on what color to join with. I am really enjoying working with these bright colors.

Peace

Welcome, Jennifer! No one can resisit Julie's CALs!!:lol:lol

Angie - you must have lots of patience to makes those grannies daughters!! Can't wait to see how the scarf turns out!:crocheting

Hmmm.....Ya know I alwyas wanted to be a flower child & burn my bra. :lol Did any of you have that luxury? I know as a woman it's the first thing I tear off when I come in the house now. I know, I know, too much info. :P:lol

I can see me now. Sitting in a bean bag chillin, staring at a Cheech-N-Chong movie, listening to skynard & puffing on some well ummm......ya know I think i'll stay drug free. :P:lol

I actually only wear flare jeans which are the present day bell bottoms. They aren't as big but I love em. :yes Those, a big sweater or sweatshirt & i'm set. :manyheart

Just a bit about me. I'm just a little gabby this evening. :blah Can ya tell I was alone all day doing laundry? :heehee

Me too. I think we'd have so much fun on visiting each other. :yes

Tab, those are my favorite type of jeans too/

I trip on wide legged jeans:blush

'nite, my friends....:hug

Hmmm.....Ya know I alwyas wanted to be a flower child & burn my bra. :lol Did any of you have that luxury? I know as a woman it's the first thing I tear off when I come in the house now. I know, I know, too much info. :P:lol

I can see me now. Sitting in a bean bag chillin, staring at a Cheech-N-Chong movie, listening to skynard & puffing on some well ummm......ya know I think i'll stay drug free. :P:lol

I actually only wear flare jeans which are the present day bell bottoms. They aren't as big but I love em. :yes Those, a big sweater or sweatshirt & i'm set. :manyheart

Just a bit about me. I'm just a little gabby this evening. :blah Can ya tell I was alone all day doing laundry? :heehee

I do the same thing (with the bra) and here's another flower child wanna-be trait of mine. I rarely shave my legs in the winter :laughroll

I love this stuff!

Hey Lorraine and Tabby- another fuzzy bunny here! Hubby doesn't mind, thank goodness. He prefers fur to stubbles!

So... Babette rollcall here! I think I counted about five of us so far. Who is using the pattern and who is winging it? Also, how many colors is everyone using? I'm winging it and using 12, maybe thirteen colors. I'm doing this in lightweight chenille and an E hook, so there is no way it's gonna be full sized! I'm thinking that I'll start by making enough squares to do a wall hanging and work from there.

Julie Im doing the babette and winging it by looking at the pictures. Im thinking 7 colors and not sure how big I will go at the moment. I will use my H hook. What colors are you using. Can you get the magazine that has the pattern as a back issue from the website do you know.

Morning you hippie-wannabees ~~

Sounds like you guys are having fun with this ,trying to choose patterns and colors -should be cool to see the goods come to life when you get them started .

I graduated in 76 ,so am someplace in the mix of things here. I wasn't a TEEN in the 60's,but the 70's, so I missed out on some of the things, but others were popular when i was growing up .

Jennifer- welcome, and I'm sure the other Babette ladies will be glad to see another person try it with them !

Angie- the scarf sounds neat-- there are easy ways of joining those little things together, aren't there, to form a project ? I think I saw it someplace online .

Tab and the others-- you are all welcome at our reunion... but it WILL be summertime then, so you MAY wanna get out the old razor ( or SANDER ... JIGSAW, whatever you need ) ,to remove excess hair from your legs if you're gonna wear shorts. Either THAT or at least COMB your legs ...

YEK, can't picture that .....

Archived