2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

Couldn't pack 'em all up without a final photo! ;)

Here I am with 1867 rectangles made by you, you wonderful Crochetvillers! :cheer:ghug:manyheart:c9

What wonderful work you did! :cheer :cheer

piles_andme2.jpg

And here are all the boxes packed up and ready to go! :yes

boxes02.jpg

Kathy (losingmymind2) and I will be on our way to Caron later this morning!

WOW!!! Amazing job everyone!!! I wish I had found some time to help out... maybe next time.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, look at all those rectangles. I'd love to see the expression on the faces of the people at Caron's when they see all those rectangles. We should all be very proud of what we accomplished.

I have a curious type of question -- What kept all those stacks from falling over?

That will be how many afghans? Let's see 49 to make 1 afghan and we have 1867 rectangles that is like 32 afghans and 5 left over plus if Donna gets any stragglers! I think we did a da.. good job! :yay way to go fellow villers :):yes Even if we don't win, we are proud supporters and just knowing someone will be kept a little warmer is good enough for me. :)

Thank you Donna and Kathy for delivering. Have a safe trip.

:hug

I have to say it gives me a warm feeling knowing I belong to such a great group.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Wow. What a nice group of rectangles. I want to priority mail a few more

tomorrow. Can you please give me the directions for the solid pink square in the bottom right of your pic. ? I found some more ss. Thanks.

Nancy

Nancy, I'll PM you some rough instructions. I wanted to have this written up a long time ago, but never finished! :blush I worked hard on this one to get it just right. I'm particular about my solid grannies! :lol I promise to post it soon, even though it will be too late for the contest, it's never too late to make rectangles for Warm Up America! :yes

Thank you, everyone, for the compliments on the pictures! You guys did it all :cheer, I just snapped a few photos. :lol

Donna & Kathy, Have a fun and safe trip!! :drive

Thank you Donna and Kathy for delivering. Have a safe trip.

:hug

Thank you! We did! It was fun!

I have a curious type of question -- What kept all those stacks from falling over?
That's a good question! At first I thought the couch would be enough... wrong! :lol and the first stack came tumbling over. My 2-year old son has a little wooden table and chairs set, and I used his three chairs plus a little wooden footstool behind the stacks to prop them up (on the right side). The two stacks on the left side of the photo are propped up against the arm of the chair.

I have to say it gives me a warm feeling knowing I belong to such a great group.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I couldn't agree more! :ghug

Wow. What a nice group of rectangles. I want to priority mail a few more

tomorrow. Can you please give me the directions for the solid pink square in the bottom right of your pic. ? I found some more ss. Thanks.

Nancy

I would love to have that pattern too ;)

Wow, Great job everyone! I want to send some too...Donna send me your address, please. I already have 6 done and hope to do a few more before dropping them in the mail tomorrow. Thanks!

I really enjoyed delivering the rectangles with Kathy yesterday! :yes Kathy drove to my house and then we went together in my vehicle to Caron in Washington, NC, which took about an hour. The very nice lady from Caron met us outside and we unloaded the boxes. We took a little leg-stretching break for my son to play in a grassy area at the edge of the Caron parking lot, and after that we stopped for lunch and then headed home.

Here is Caron International as we were approaching it.

ci_DSCF9070.jpg

Here I am at the dropoff point with the boxes, which fit easily (yay!) into my vehicle.

ci_boxesandme_DSCF9073.jpg

Here are the boxes, unloaded and waiting to be carted away. Don't worry, we didn't just leave them there alone! There is someone right behind that glass door, calling for big, strong help! :lol

ci_boxes_DSCF9076.jpg

This is Kathy and me back at my house.

ka_me_DSC_0134.jpg

We had a great trip, and it was fun to meet Kathy and spend a little time together! There's nothing like a road trip to have time to talk!

Thank you! Thank you! For taking on this project, for keeping us updated on the progress, including pics, and for the delivery, again including pics. Did you keep track of the number of contributors? Just curious.

Thank you, Donna, for allowing us to inundate you with squares.

Thank you, Kathy, for lending your help on the transportation of the boxes to Square Central.

And thank you, everyone who sent a square in. What an amazing outpouring of good will and generosity. You should all hold your hooks high today and give yourself a pat on the back.

Patty

(Oh, and I would love that solid granny pattern, too. I dropped off 7 squares at the local Michael's on Saturday because they were made of regular old Caron One Pound WW and not CSS, so the charity crocheting goes on and I could sure use a new pattern.)

Did you keep track of the number of contributors? Just curious.
I did, thanks for reminding me! As of the delivery to Caron, 80 people had sent rectangles so far.

Did the people at Caron look surprised to see so many boxes?
Nope! I had been in touch with my contact at Caron and she knew in advance how many were coming. She was calm, cool, and collected! :lol Myself, I was surprised that 1800+ rectangles took up as little space as they did! Before I started this project, I would have thought that many rectangles would have required a U-haul trailer!

Archived