2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! We have enough for like 25 blankets! :cheer

Sorry it's taken me so long to get my squares out to you, I promise I'll mail them tomorrow!

I just found 3 skeins of css floating around my house which I have had forever because I never buy it, now I am a rhss girl all the way most of the time, or the caron one pounder.

What do you guys think is the fastest pattern I can use to get them crocheted up and mailed out by the deadline? One of the granny ones maybe?

Also since the skeins have been around for a while I should probably wash the squares before I send them out since they've only been in a plastic grocery bag for storage. What is the best way to wash them? I'm so afraid to wash my crochet for fear it will come apart in the wash.

Gals, you still have a couple of weeks; the deadline is Friday, April 18, so start crocheting!

sOCKsgirl, I wash my charity blankets in Dreft in the washing machine, but any mild laundry soap would work. I always was to check and make sure that the woven ends won't pop out.

As for fast patterns, you must know what stitch is fastest for you. For me, it's dc. I timed myself last night and made 1 dc square in 1 hour while watching TV. I usually do mine vertically, so the long row is the 9" side, which makes it go faster, somehow (must be the psychology of turning fewer rows since it's the exact same number of stitches). The grannies go slightly slower for me, personally.

And Buttercup, you and your daughter get a high-(5)hook!! Patty

I finished one rectangle, I'm working on another one right now, only problem is the yarn keeps splitting on me so it's taking me an extra long time to finish these squares. Does anyone else have this problem with the simply soft?

I finished one rectangle, I'm working on another one right now, only problem is the yarn keeps splitting on me so it's taking me an extra long time to finish these squares. Does anyone else have this problem with the simply soft?
I think Simply Soft is a bit splitty. At first I found it difficult but after a while I got used to working with it and I haven't had any splitting problems (unless I'm frogged it a bit! :lol).

finished another rectangle! I can't wait to send them out and add to the count! I plan on trying to make a few more first though!

-Shannon

Just finished my first rectangle...I plan to use a whole skein.

I couldn't find any information on the Caron website about this project. Does anyone know how they are handling the assembly process? I would love to volunteer to put blankets together from all these squares!

Just finished my first rectangle...I plan to use a whole skein.

I couldn't find any information on the Caron website about this project. Does anyone know how they are handling the assembly process? I would love to volunteer to put blankets together from all these squares!

That is a very good question! I will try to find out. I'm not sure why Caron doesn't have this on their web site. I have only seen it advertised in magazines (the full-page ad is in the first post of this thread). When we first started, I did ask my contact at Caron if it would be helpful if some of the rectangles were assembled into afghans and she said leave them individual.

Donna, I just PMed you for your address. I have a dozen or so ready to send and still have some SS left so will probably make more. I really love this project!

Archived