2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!! We passed the 1000 mark! You guys are amazing! :ghug If I didn't have all the rectangles tied into neat bundles of 10, I could fill my living room floor and swim in them. :lol:nworthy

Thank you, thank you, each and every one of you who has participated thus far. Whether you made one rectangle or five or twenty or a hundred, and whether you are a beginner or an old-timer, your handiwork is all appreciated.

We still have a little more than three weeks before the Friday, April 18th deadline I set for receiving the rectangles at my house. That gives me a little extra time to get everything together and get it to Caron before their deadline. I haven't yet decided if I'll extend that deadline any, but I will let you know soon.

Thank you for stitching for Crochetville and Warm Up America! :cheer

Don't worry, there's still time to keep your hooks moving for this project... :yes I just wanted to give a hip hip hooray update! :)

I don't need a U-Haul yet. ;) Right now I have three boxes, each about 12" x 18" x 24". Two of them are full and the other is about a third full. I took photos of myself today with all the rectangles and of them in the boxes. I'll post them later today.

Hi! I'm a new member to Crochetville. My name is Sharon. I'd like to make a few rectangles for WUA. I would like to use the pattern that ForestW used to make her 113 rectangles. Could you please direct me to the one she used here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67431&page=25

Thanks,

Sharon

It appears to be Donna's 7" X 9" rectangular granny square which can be found here:

http://yarntomato.com/patterns/7x9-rectangle-granny/

It appears to be Donna's 7" X 9" rectangular granny square which can be found here:

At first glance, I thought it was my pattern, too! But mine join each round in the corner, and I noticed Forest W's join each round in the center of one side. The end result is essentially the same, though.

Well, yesterday while my son was napping, I got up the courage to take out all the rectangles and photograph myself with them. It wasn't at all as hard as I thought it would be!

You guys rock! :cheer Look at all those rectangles!

piles_andme1.jpg

My dog decided that right in front of my photography area would be a good place for a nap. :)

piles_andk1.jpg

A thousand rectangles (and counting!) are taking up surprisingly little space. I tie them into bundles of 10 for ease of counting and moving around if needed. So far I have three boxes, each of which is approximately 12" x 18" x 24". As you can see below, two are full and the other is a little under half full.

boxes01.jpg

And, below, some artsy shots. The piles are so pretty!

box02.jpg

piles01.jpg

piles02.jpg

That is too cool! I just love looking at all of them! What an amazing bunch of people to make and send out all those rectangles. And what a great person, donna, to collect them all!

Are you sure? Her rectangles have a series of rectangular ridges that Donna's rectangles don't seem to have. Do you see what I mean? Is it just a matter of crocheting in the back loop only (or something like that)? It's no big deal really, but I love that series of rectangles throughout the granny.

Thanks,

Sharon

I gotta tell ya, when I said at the beginning let's make more than 1,000 squares, I was half joking. You gals are awesome!! Donna, I love that photo of you and the stacks of squares. (And your pup, too, of course!) I was about to send mine off, but found another half-skein of SS buried in my stash, so will be crocheting a couple more tonight before I send mine off.

Crochetvillagers rock!! :clap Patty

Are you sure? Her rectangles have a series of rectangular ridges that Donna's rectangles don't seem to have. Do you see what I mean? Is it just a matter of crocheting in the back loop only (or something like that)? It's no big deal really, but I love that series of rectangles throughout the granny.

Thanks,

Sharon

At first glance, I thought it was my pattern, too! But mine join each round in the corner, and I noticed Forest W's join each round in the center of one side. The end result is essentially the same, though.

No I wasn't sure. It's just what it looked like from what I could see in the photo (and sometimes I don't see so good). I did kind of think I was seeing the ridge but wasn't sure. You might PM Forest W to see which pattern was used and where you might find it. I did make some rectangles using Donna's pattern and was very pleased with them. I liked joining the rounds in the corners as it didn't seem as noticeable as it is joining in other places. I liked that method of joining the rounds so much that I have been modifying other patterns I am working on to join the rounds in the corners instead of following the pattern.

Donna, your photos are great. The stack looks so impressive with you standing there. You have done a wonderful job of keeping them organized. Your dog is a cutie, too. I keep thinking that in the last days you will really get snowed under in rectangles from those waiting until they get that last rectangle done. Thank you for all the work you have done taking care of these.

Donna, your photos are great. The stack looks so impressive with you standing there. You have done a wonderful job of keeping them organized. Your dog is a cutie, too. I keep thinking that in the last days you will really get snowed under in rectangles from those waiting until they get that last rectangle done. Thank you for all the work you have done taking care of these.
Thank you, Brenda! I'm so glad I got the opportunity to take the photos. (It isn't easy to do such things with a two year-old in the house. As it turned out, he woke up before I was done, and didn't bother the stacks one bit!) If I get snowed under near the deadline, I am ready. The final week is cleared on my calendar, and my husband has been warned. :lol

Thank you, Brenda! I'm so glad I got the opportunity to take the photos. (It isn't easy to do such things with a two year-old in the house. As it turned out, he woke up before I was done, and didn't bother the stacks one bit!) If I get snowed under near the deadline, I am ready. The final week is cleared on my calendar, and my husband has been warned. :lol

I have a two year old great-nephew and I have a sneaking suspicion that he would have climbed on the couch and just jumped into the middle of all those rectangles!

Thanks,

Sharon

Forest uses mainly a turned granny pattern where you turn at every round and that's how her rectangles have the ridges.

Forest uses mainly a turned granny pattern where you turn at every round and that's how her rectangles have the ridges.
I hadn't noticed that! I just checked one and indeed, each round is turned.

Thank you, Robyn!

Archived