2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't done the granny yet.

My fave is the shell one from their site. It's beautiful and works really well. Use a g hook.

I'm doing all of mine in the shell stitch, too. The edges come out nicely also.

After trying several of the patterns on WUA's site, I'm doing them all in the shell stitch now, too. It is the only one that comes out to the perfect size for me without making any adjustments in the beginning chain or hook size. It works up quickly and I love the way it looks.

Has anyone done the rectangle granny and had it size out right?

I've used the rectangle granny pattern that Donna posted in this thread, with a G hook... 6 rounds and they came out perfect, for me. Which BTW, TY for! Maybe a tension issue? Maybe you could customize your starting chain to make it work for you? Just a thought.......

I think you are right. Bummer... I will futz with it and try to get the size right.

thanks, Debbie

uwcheese

I've used the rectangle granny pattern that Donna posted in this thread, with a G hook... 6 rounds and they came out perfect, for me. Which BTW, TY for! Maybe a tension issue? Maybe you could customize your starting chain to make it work for you? Just a thought.......

Hello everyone! I'm back! *happy dance*

As Amy mentioned, I've been having major computer troubles. In a nutshell, I was completely offline/off computer Feb 10-26, spent altogether more than a dozen hours on the phone with tech support, replaced RAM twice, reinstalled operating system twice, yet still wondering if everything is fixed. After a few days of getting myself back together, just a few minutes ago I re-experienced one of the problems.

Anyhow, I have photos of rectangles that have come in and hope to post them later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Thank you to ForestW for 113 rectangles! :manyheart They arrived February 8th. (I am still catching up from my month-long computer crash/nightmare.)

That makes the running total 549 rectangles.

sections024.gif

I still have five packages of rectangles that need to be photographed and posted, but my computer is hobbling!

The packages are from:

granny annie

truckin Patty

Uwcheese

MarleenCrochets

yarnscrapper

Thank you all for your rectangles! :manyheart

I've been reading through to catch up on everything since I've been away...

Donna:

Are we getting close to burying you yet?

You guys are doing great! But I've been making myself stay organized so the rectangles don't swallow me whole! :lol It does look like I will need to find more big boxes, though. :P Not a problem... I have lots of folks in my neighborhood who can help with that if needed.

Ok, I am frustrated. I have a few made but wanted to make some using the rectangle granny directions on the Warm Up America site and also used the one from Crochet Cabana. I can't get it to work out to 7 X 9. I went down to the G hook and it measures 7.5 X 10.5. Even if I border with sc, it wont come out 7 X 9..... Has anyone done the rectangle granny and had it size out right?

Back to the hdc rectangles for now......lol

Debbie

uwcheese

I understand your frustration! I wish I had some good advice. I've received a lot of rectangle grannies, so I know it can work, I'm just not sure how to get you there.

You're welcome, Nght! I enjoyed working out that pattern. Regarding the starting chain, unfortunately the rectangle granny requires a specific number of chains to start in order to get it to work out to be a granny. But for the solid granny (which I still need to post, shame on me!) the number of starting chains can be changed to whatever works for each person's gauge.

I'm so impressed with all the lovely squares! I'm still plugging away..I'm on square number 12! I have a photo on my blog of the ones I've already completed.

Wow ForestW, you sure have been doing a lot of crocheting. Your hands must be aching by now.

All those pictures look great, Donna. You're doing a great job of photographing and organizing etc.. I sure hope Crochetville can win. With everyone's contributions coming in fast and furious, we might just do it.

I completed 4 rectangles from the ball of SS my swap partner sent me and am just waiting for Donna's reply to my PM requesting the address to send them to.

Archived